Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I borrowed Ghost of Tsushima from a friends and have played a little and I think I’ll enjoy it. So I’m considering the $30 PS5 upgrade.

For those that have done this, are the graphics appreciably better? Also, will I still need the disc if I pay the upgrade fee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

prom candy posted:

Huge mistake not going wireless imo

A little disappointing but I assume they want to keep the cost the same or less than a ps5

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BitBasher posted:

The problem is a lot of gamers absolutely don't want to get up and move to do things in a game. They want to chill on the sofa and relax.

That's me. VR is cool but standing up to play a game is bullshit

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Am I right in assuming Elden Ring doesn’t have difficulty settings and is just a “get good” game? It sound fascinating but I suck at such precise combat.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a rec for thumb stick caps that will help keep my thumb from sliding off the left stick and onto the touch pad?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've purchased 3 in the past few months (one for me, one for my daughter, and one that I sold a friend at cost), and got the alerts by following wario64 on twitter. You'll probably try and fail a few times before you get one, but that was overall pretty easy for me.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Except it's extremely restricted by level to push MTs

How so? You just conquer a region that matches your level first. I don't see how that's different from a game like ER that lets you take on areas you're not equipped for. I was overpowered for each new region by the time I unlocked it because I like doing the side stuff. I don't feel like MTs were ever even presented to me, nor were they remotely necessary for leveling up. I actually assumed all the MT stuff was cosmetic.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a primate posted:

So let me get this straight: you can customize your genitals in Cyberpunk, but never actually see them in-game? What is the point of a magnum dong if you can’t watch it flop around??

But you know it's there, so that's a +5 BDE

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Baggot posted:

How do you make or acquire Hot Garlic Mustard

2 parts hot, 1 part garlic, 5 parts mustard.

You can trust me, I have a chef in my avatar.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The gameplay is fine, I don't get people's beef with it.

Yeah it was too slow for me at first but once I embraced the pace I really got into playing a drunken homicidal cow poke.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Clowning on someone for not being French is something I’ve never seen

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Just found toilet paper for a ghost stuck in a public restroom, Ghostwire is definitely a Yakuza game

Just bought this today, thank you for confirming I made a good decision.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I finally decided to play Cyberpunk. Was enjoying it a lot more than I expected until I ran into a bug that’s apparently existed since it came out where a phone call won’t hang up so I can’t progress a main mission. Or much of anything else. Awesome.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The "Lara Croft, but a dude" game series is very fun.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fair enough. Though I suppose I'm talking more about gameplay than anything else. The gameplay of the Indy games I've played doesn't really have much similarity with Tombraider/Uncharted.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm really glad I picked it up after the 1.5 patch. Had it share of glitches, including one that almost cost me all my progress, but was a pretty impressively built city with interesting story and well fleshed out side missions. Shame the launch was so lovely.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Clearly Norman Reedus is doing mocap for Kojima's Silent Hill sequel, no other way to read it really

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
But a lot easier to get

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Ghost was like a really good AC game set in Asia. You don’t have hidden blades but it’s still a big deal when you learn to assassinate people. Excellent story, too.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve found that high CBD strains like white widow do a good job at keeping anxiety down without making me too high.

Also if you’re in a state where you can get a medical card it’s great to be able to know where it’s coming from and talk to the staff about what you’re trying to accomplish with weed.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

This happened to me during a poker game once. Made it feel like a single hand lasted for an hour but it was probably just a few minutes, but I have no idea because I kept forgetting what had just happened

I, uh, did not do well in that game.

Weed once helped me pull off the greatest bluff I ever made in poker. Because I misread my cards and was convinced I had the top hand. But still.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

For fans of Star Wars, poncho collecting and extremely halfassed parry mechanics the Fallen Order sequel has a trailer:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1530293939416158208?t=BIxAx20zak79JBKBs4UE4A&s=19

When I think back to that game, I realize the only thing I liked about it was that it was a Star Wars game. Everything else was just wrong enough to make playing it a chore. But I finished it because star wars. So here’s hoping they fix all the other stuff I guess because I’ll probably play this one no matter what.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked Rogue One. It felt like the first Star Wars movie made for adults.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have a disc version ps5 but the only games I buy on disc are ones I know my friend will like so I get them on disc so he can borrow them.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So were any of the leaked schedules actually correct?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

can you upgrade a ps4 disk version of Ghost of Tsushima to the PS5 director’s cut version?

You have to pay a fee, and it still requires the disk to be in the drive.

But, it really does look better and the added island was enjoyable.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like my ps5 and both of its games

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The expansion area is available after act i I think. Though I think you’ll benefit from being a little more leveled up for it, especially the finale. But it’s definitely worth playing.

I liked pretty much everything about the game. I got tired of the haikus though because they bored me but I still felt compelled to do them whoever I was near one. But there’s a me problem.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oh man I hope it’s a remake of the remaster of The Last of Us

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The first time I saw a Tim Rogers video I wondered "Who is this weirdo and why doesn't he comb his hair." I still wonder that, but I also enjoy watching his videos now.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

As I thought, Plague Tale Requiem is coming out October 18th. Looks awesome! And disgusting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k_WdZwwwmk

Why would they open the trailer with what looks to be janky physics on the swing? It's like it doesn't accelerate and decelerate or something. Looks bad.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

AstroBot owns and I hope that Astro's Playroom gets a full-scale sequel. It's a surprisingly great little platformer with lots of room to expand and develop. Little guy deserves to break free from the "we just use him for tech demo games" niche.

It would be criminal for the psvr2 to not have that at launch

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

acksplode posted:

If Sony re-re-makes TLOU1 but doesn't port Astro Bot to PSVR2 then everyone over there officially has rocks for brains.

What's so interesting about astrobot for me is that it's not the typical first person view VR implementation, the game isn't designed that VR would even be a requirement, but it is absolutely better in VR.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fix posted:

Someone ITT was talking about playing AC:Valhalla in like full discovery mode where icons wouldn't show up unless you found them first. Is that a pretty straightforward way to play in the settings, or are there downsides to playing this way?

I think the game actually gives you the choice early on, and you can always change it in settings later. I don't think there are any downsides, other than possibly missing out on some side quests and whatnot. But I think that would be expected when playing in this mode.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ghost of Tsushima is the best Assassin's Creed game to date fight me

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I picked up the 2001 Space Odyssey 4k Blu Ray. Wow, this looks better than new movies I just saw in theaters.

The 4k of Bladerunner is similarly impressive. I guess a lot of it was shot on 70mm so the 4k transfer is amazing.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

man nurse posted:

I’ve been impressed by some newer movies on UHD like the more recent James Bond and Star Wars stuff, but it’s not usually as impressive as a really good transfer of an older movie. Like it’s a modern release, of course it’ll look good. Going back to to something released decades ago and seeing a good 4K transfer of it is another level. Then again some of those movies are limited by how they look to begin with. Robocop as an example, great UHD but probably not gonna blow socks off of a casual viewer as it’s one of those “this is as good as it’s gonna look” scenarios.

That's what impressed me so much about Bladerunner. I'm used to watching dark, grainy transfers of it. The new version looks like a movie that could come out today, and you can actually see what's happening in the action sequences. It was like I was watching it for the first time.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Re: Ghostwire Tokyo

It was a very pretty game that kept me engaged. Combat was a little one-dimensional. Your magic weapons are essentially magic version of a shotgun, a rifle and maybe a pistol? Lots of stuff to collect and whatnot, which you'll either like or hate. The story was decent. The thing I would say about this game is while I enjoyed it, as soon as I put it down I completely forgot about it.

Also if I played it again I'd probably prioritize grinding to get the perk that lets you grapple anywhere. I didn't get that until almost the end of the game, and it would have been nice to have it a loot sooner.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

The whole NO! Samurai Can't Murder Assasin People! That's Bad! gets treated like it's some huge game mechanic thing and it literally has no bearing on anything.

Yeah but it made finally getting the hidden blade that much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The biggest change in the story in second son is like he leaves the reservation or he leaves the reservation but also kills everyone first.

I didn't even know that was an option

I really wish they'd make another game. I'm a big fan of the regular person with a few super powers thing.