Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

the part where jamie oliver cuts the breast and thigh off a whole chicken and then points to the carcass and said "look at that! it's gross! it's trash!" made like 1.2 billion humans who know how to make chicken stock gasp a little bit

lol if he despises nuggies then his opinions on sodium are probbo fuckin dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

chicken nuggets are loving delicious

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Jamie has some takes and ideas that are not rooted in class war, but the ones that get articles and videos made about him are almost universally "look at this nice CLEAN FOOD. don't you feel good about eating this" type takes. he's slotted himself into being the guy who talks real about how the best food on earth happens to be 'light' -looking things that ladies home journal puts on the cover. he's basically the food version of dr oz and is laser focused on marketing to the people that think a chicken breast is the best part of the bird and thighs are gross cause they've got a little ribbon of fat on one side

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

Jamie has some takes and ideas that are not rooted in class war, but the ones that get articles and videos made about him are almost universally "look at this nice CLEAN FOOD. don't you feel good about eating this" type takes. he's slotted himself into being the guy who talks real about how the best food on earth happens to be 'light' -looking things that ladies home journal puts on the cover. he's basically the food version of dr oz and is laser focused on marketing to the people that think a chicken breast is the best part of the bird and thighs are gross cause they've got a little ribbon of fat on one side
food scolds need heroes too

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

jamie oliver doesn't even look fit

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fried ground chicken breast with a little bit of skin and salt.... oh my gawd!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

akadajet posted:

jamie oliver doesn't even look fit

He’s english

Apr 7, 2003

They’re all misshapen dough people

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
food is like the oldest politics on the planet

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They’re all misshapen dough people

Buddy, I live in Texas. Obesity rates here are crazy.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

when over 1/3 of your population is obese

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

akadajet posted:

Buddy, I live in Texas. Obesity rates here are crazy.

they still have a shape though, even if it's fat

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
makes perfect sense that beaumont area is like ~%50 obsese

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

lol if he despises nuggies then his opinions on sodium are probbo fuckin dire

tbf if i ate sodium pretty sure my head would explode

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

tbf if i ate sodium pretty sure my head would explode

what are u a snail?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
not that i'm trying to healthsplain to you, but i have bp issues and have found that when i spend some effort balancing sodium and potassium intake i feel a lot better. if my heart gets thumpy and i start raging out because i feel bad, i take an extended release potassium pill and eat a banana, and it makes a big difference.

bodies be weird, yo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
table salt, a thing humans need to live, is made of two things that if taken separately would cause your head to either explode or burn you like acid

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

*rotor blasts into thread with accumulated salt knowledge originating from when it was his literal wages, killing me instantly*

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

not that i'm trying to healthsplain to you, but i have bp issues and have found that when i spend some effort balancing sodium and potassium intake i feel a lot better. if my heart gets thumpy and i start raging out because i feel bad, i take an extended release potassium pill and eat a banana, and it makes a big difference.

bodies be weird, yo

if the cure to your problem is eating a banana, that ain't too bad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah, i manage. 2 bananas a day, a 500mg potassium pill, and 2 baby aspirin. Oh and i have been working really hard on not boozing, though <kavanaugh-ish-ly> i love beer, i have had to cut way down.

i dont want to make it to 80 but i'd like to make it past 50.

Apr 7, 2003

the human body is loving disgusting. vile. metal robot bodies when

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

at minimum well worth pointing out that it is hosed up how the richest country in the world has just about the worst diets in the world. of course *still* downstream from people getting hosed economically, but going "children should eat a vegetable" is not really poor-shaming.

just get the nuggets with fries. vegetable problem solved

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinio...es/202205190115

When Mastriano wins the governor's office handily because 3.4m PA voters are hooting and hollering for nazi candidates, I'll enjoy reading the thinkpieces about what went wrong.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Beeftweeter posted:

just get the nuggets with fries. vegetable problem solved

eat some veggie nuggets

2 birds with 1 stone

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

eat some veggie nuggets

2 birds with 1 stone

I was born too late :(

Apr 7, 2003

I would eat the gently caress out of those

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Jonny 290 posted:

I was born too late :(

fuckk those look icnredible

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

you know if those caught on they'd be selling them made out of reconstituted onion slurry now

Apr 7, 2003

We don't get any of the good poo poo here. Fuckin' McDonalds

Apr 7, 2003

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

the part where jamie oliver cuts the breast and thigh off a whole chicken and then points to the carcass and said "look at that! it's gross! it's trash!" made like 1.2 billion humans who know how to make chicken stock gasp a little bit

i only eat the bones

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
spinal cords are the most delicious part of the chicken

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
after a few hours on a low simmer, yeah, you're not wrong

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

American guy trying to explain what supersize it means to an employee when visiting an international mcdonalds.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

mcdonalds in India doesnt even serve normal hamburgers, its great

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

bodies be weird, yo

I'm sure you know all this already, but potassium is one of _the_ most important chemicals in mammalian biology. It facilitates electrical signals in our nervous system. If your potassium levels are off, it's life threatening.

Apr 7, 2003

mama mia!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

fart simpson posted:

actually i agree with spankmeister, caring about childrens nutrition makes you a bitch

his whole shtick was that it's not the deep frying or massive amounts of sodium in nuggets that makes them bad, no no it's that they're made of icky yucky "processed" meat instead of "real" meat. All you have to do is spend like twice as much time, and money, and you too can eat healthy!

Nuggets aren't the problem. They're a pretty efficient way to use the leftover meat on a chicken carcass. Jamie Oliver has his heart in the right place, but picked the wrong target, is all.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

When pizza's in a turnover you can have pizza any time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

spankmeister posted:

his whole shtick was that it's not the deep frying or massive amounts of sodium in nuggets that makes them bad, no no it's that they're made of icky yucky "processed" meat instead of "real" meat. All you have to do is spend like twice as much time, and money, and you too can eat healthy!

Nuggets aren't the problem. They're a pretty efficient way to use the leftover meat on a chicken carcass. Jamie Oliver has his heart in the right place, but picked the wrong target, is all.

Not the good food being expensive is the problem! No, it's the bad food being cheap, so let's make cheap food more expensive, so that poor people have even less options. - Jamie Oliver