Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yeah remember conservatives also hate mailboxes. they pulled a shitload of them out so black people couldnt vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
turns into a ups drop box

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

it weirds me out that everybody smokes personal w̨͌ͯ̈́̅͢͏͇̬̺̤͚̜ ̳͈͓̼̼͊̿͑̍̄̋̑ę̷̶̞͚̙̻̹̺̙̠̲̐̋͗͌̀̎ͤ̚ ̖̪̹͕̳̺̪̖͕̋̃͑ͨ̊̓̏͡ȩ̵̛̘͈͕͈̭̄ͮͥ͋͑ ͚̰̘͆̾́ͭ̓̃ͨ̆̈́̀d̓̿̾ͩ͏̧͖̭̳͇̞̗̘ in social gatherings now. it makes sense but half of my party schtick is making new friends thriugh spliffs. not that im partying much these days

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
thx for reminding me i was just about out of oil, time to reorder

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Casual Encountess posted:

it weirds me out that everybody smokes personal w̨͌ͯ̈́̅͢͏͇̬̺̤͚̜ ̳͈͓̼̼͊̿͑̍̄̋̑ę̷̶̞͚̙̻̹̺̙̠̲̐̋͗͌̀̎ͤ̚ ̖̪̹͕̳̺̪̖͕̋̃͑ͨ̊̓̏͡ȩ̵̛̘͈͕͈̭̄ͮͥ͋͑ ͚̰̘͆̾́ͭ̓̃ͨ̆̈́̀d̓̿̾ͩ͏̧͖̭̳͇̞̗̘ in social gatherings now. it makes sense but half of my party schtick is making new friends thriugh spliffs. not that im partying much these days

it's weird but also great because at least in my peer group it's not viewed negatively at all. or maybe we're all just stoners idk

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
there are no social gatherings, and even if there were, sharing a joint would be the worst idea right now

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
let me just pass this thing we all put into our mouths and suck on then cough our brains out at each other

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i assumed this was in the context of the beforetimes

our local health unit made one of their big event contact tracings public and it included, notably, two dudes sharing an ecig

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i’m the only person in my group of friends who doesn’t toke. it’s funny when people pass me a joint and are all ‘ah gently caress i forgot’

but once in a blue moon i’ll partake and everyone will lose their minds over it lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i cant remember the last time i smoked. it had to have been in the aughts

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

I was going to make a crack about sharing a shot glass but come to think of it the last memory I have of passing around a bottle is a good one.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
how can i trust someone who won't smoke the weed

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

and what if it was jraph's ex who took the last hit

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

dispensaries are terrible places

i pay somebody go to buy weed for me now

lol jonny's keeping it real by continuing to have a weed guy

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

we don't have dispensaries in san mateo county, but you better believe we have same-day weed delivery services

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

better customer service and better product too ime at least here. i can send a text and my dude shows up within an hour usually

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

DELETE CASCADE posted:

there are no social gatherings, and even if there were, sharing a joint would be the worst idea right now

i mean yes its a pandemic. it just feels different when i sit outdoors with my friends now and we all smoke personal spliffs.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

mediaphage posted:

better customer service and better product too ime at least here. i can send a text and my dude shows up within an hour usually

it's very convenient but you have to know exactly what you want beforehand. there's something nice about the dispensary experience of seeing and smelling all the different buds, getting recommendations, etc

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

it's very convenient but you have to know exactly what you want beforehand. there's something nice about the dispensary experience of seeing and smelling all the different buds, getting recommendations, etc

ah lol that’s all still illegal here which is absurd

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i’m the only person in my group of friends who doesn’t toke. it’s funny when people pass me a joint and are all ‘ah gently caress i forgot’

but once in a blue moon i’ll partake and everyone will lose their minds over it lol

also this is a special treat for stoners. getting somebody who doesnt smoke high is such a nice feeling

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nature is healing

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/...ingawful.com%2F

finally a return to normalcy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/qHabAMG.mp4

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cat Face Joe posted:

and what if it was jraph's ex who took the last hit

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

DELETE CASCADE posted:

how can i trust someone who won't smoke the weed

Iirc that automatically means they're a cop

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

also this is a special treat for stoners. getting somebody who doesnt smoke high is such a nice feeling

oh yeah i get it. i used to be a stoner years ago. i had to take a break to get a security clearance and when i took it back up again years later it was nothing but anxiety for me. i miss it :(

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

PIZZA.BAT posted:

oh yeah i get it. i used to be a stoner years ago. i had to take a break to get a security clearance and when i took it back up again years later it was nothing but anxiety for me. i miss it :(

Same here pretty much. Never gonna recapture that magical period of my senior year of undergrad, stoned constantly, doing nothing but playing video games and watching trippy poo poo on yt.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i havent smoked in ages due to a background investigation i needed to get. i missed it terribly at first, and was bummed when recreational was legalized in my state, but after a few years I don’t even think about it anymore.

i do miss skipping class in high school, getting blazed at my buddy’s house playing 4 player WCW vs NWO Revenge on the N64, though. maybe if the administration decriminalizes it (lol), and having a multi year break will let me get that high again.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It will never be federally decriminalized because America needs to be able to put 'undesirables' in prison and it provides the flimsy context to do so.

Biden could deschedule it by decree, if he hasn't done that yet he won't.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i havent smoked in ages due to a background investigation i needed to get. i missed it terribly at first, and was bummed when recreational was legalized in my state, but after a few years I don’t even think about it anymore.

i do miss skipping class in high school, getting blazed at my buddy’s house playing 4 player WCW vs NWO Revenge on the N64, though. maybe if the administration decriminalizes it (lol), and having a multi year break will let me get that high again.

idk about decriminalizing n64 wrestling games, frankly i think there's still a significant public safety concern

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines posted:

idk about decriminalizing n64 wrestling games, frankly i think there's still a significant public safety concern

mystes
May 31, 2006

Biden has no interest in decriminalizing marijuana but there's no reason to think he would necessarily veto a bill for that, so I'm not sure he's even an excuse for the democrats not doing it.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

infernal machines posted:

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

Biden has no interest in decriminalizing marijuana but there's no reason to think he would necessarily veto a bill for that, so I'm not sure he's even an excuse for the democrats not doing it.

A bill isn't necessary, the president can just deschedule it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A bill isn't necessary, the president can just deschedule it.
Ah drat that sucks then.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

It will never be federally decriminalized because America needs to be able to put 'undesirables' in prison and it provides the flimsy context to do so.

Biden could deschedule it by decree, if he hasn't done that yet he won't.

I do think that facade is wearing pretty thin. The writing is pretty much on the wall for decriminalizing weed, but they'll just come up with something else for keeping the caste system in place.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

in Milwaukee we have Miller brewing screaming that legal weed would eat into their profits and they want to have a monopoly on getting people hosed up

we’ll probably be one of the last states to decriminalize for that reason alone. Miller is a huge presence here

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i don't get why vice businesses don't just get into other vices, seems like a no-brainer

Apr 7, 2003

shoeberto posted:

I do think that facade is wearing pretty thin. The writing is pretty much on the wall for decriminalizing weed, but they'll just come up with something else for keeping the caste system in place.

Legalized marijuana and Medicare for All are the two most popular policy measures in America today and that popularity cuts across all sides of the political spectrum.

The first thing the DNC did when they met to detemine Biden's platform was overwhelmingly vote both of them down.

What I'm saying is don't hold your breath.

Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

i don't get why vice businesses don't just get into other vices, seems like a no-brainer

It's easier for people to grow weed for personal use than it is to brew beer for the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

It's easier for people to grow weed for personal use than it is to brew beer for the same.

haven't really seen a lot of it here, most people just buy it. i know exactly one person that grows it and he buys far more than he grows lol