Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

who posted my thermostat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol i don't have a thermostat

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I wonder how expensive keeping your house at 90 is. It must be more than $300 a month.

If that’s an apartment with forced air and an equally split gas bill, probably not too much!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
this is dad kryptonite

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
a fellow goon on twitter also pointed out that kind heat on in May implies all windows shut and that combined with 90F is a good recipe for mold

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Summer Lee confirmed as having won her primary.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

in hellworld news, Gaylord Michigan got hit by a tornado today

they don’t have tornado sirens up there because until now they’ve not been a thing. I very specifically remember going up to Mackinac for 4 July once and the locals were passing out from heat exhaustion at a boiling 78°F

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fabricated posted:

Summer Lee confirmed as having won her primary.

She'll be my state rep, so good.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Stereotype posted:

lol i don't have a thermostat

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
without a thermostat can you still yell at others for changing it slightly :confused:

this is the thermostat's primary function

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

She'll be my state rep, so good.

democrat...

...good?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Beeftweeter posted:

without a thermostat can you still yell at others for changing it slightly :confused:

this is the thermostat's primary function

when the temperature in my house is too hot or too cold i am forced to yell directly at god

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

graph posted:

reminder that after winning lt gov, he chose not to move into the lt gov house and instead turned it into a fun summer activity house/pool for underprivileged kids

seeing his place that he decided to stay in is what convinced me that he, while not incorruptible because no one is, is a hundred times stronger than i ever will be

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Stereotype posted:

it's unconstitutional for the government to do things

yeah i think we’re now in the ‘strangling in the bathtub’ phase

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PIZZA.BAT posted:

seeing his place that he decided to stay in is what convinced me that he, while not incorruptible because no one is, is a hundred times stronger than i ever will be

fetterman is legit a good human and i would let him babysit any theoretical kids i have

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

fetterman is legit a good human and i would let him babysit any theoretical kids i have

you expecting?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

strong boris the babysitter energy. “he is a bad man, but he wants to be good”

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Stereotype posted:

when the temperature in my house is too hot or too cold i am forced to yell directly at god

seems unwise when you live on the side of a volcano

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
https://twitter.com/DebsEbooks/status/1528272881586581504?s=20&t=nCfgKV2XyKxhQVuOuY7MwA

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/NotABigJerk/status/1527690693220638727

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/CATACLYSTA/status/1527962480147824640

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

why don’t they just lower the cost of the food

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

this is the man who went to the USA to wage a war against nuggets and cried like a little bitch when the kids didn't like him taking away their nuggets

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

spankmeister posted:

this is the man who went to the USA to wage a war against nuggets and cried like a little bitch when the kids didn't like him taking away their nuggets

trying to help kids eat better seems like a weird thing to complain about

Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

He’s intolerable

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

fart simpson posted:

it's not about trying to get kids to eat better it's about poor shaming.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

at minimum well worth pointing out that it is hosed up how the richest country in the world has just about the worst diets in the world. of course *still* downstream from people getting hosed economically, but going "children should eat a vegetable" is not really poor-shaming.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

i know you're not going to watch this, but somebody else might

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-a9VDIbZCU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

at minimum well worth pointing out that it is hosed up how the richest country in the world has just about the worst diets in the world. of course *still* downstream from people getting hosed economically, but going "children should eat a vegetable" is not really poor-shaming.

agreed

Apr 7, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

The forces that cause our lovely diets are the same forces propping this guy up and paying him

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/publications/82101/eib-165.pdf?v=3395.3

this is from 2017 and i bet it's worse now.

if the grocery option you have available to you is dollar general, it's hard to come by a vegetable.

the should in children should eat more vegetables is doing a lot of work. the tone that's taken by the jamie olivers of the world is one of personal responsibility-- parents SHOULD be feeding their children more healthy food, so they can have the morally correct palate to eat a vegetable in the school lunches.

i think that readers of this thread could agree with me in that i also agree with the statement that children should have more healthful food-- but the should there is about access, equity, caregivers having the time and knowledge to be able to cook healthful food, and us all not being ground under the heel of capital.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i don't agree

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

you can prepare good and cheap food but you need the knowledge (and time!) to do so, and the food industrial complex has been busy stripping that knowledge out of people since before ww2.

http://ongov.net/dss/documents/good-and-cheap.pdf

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i don't agree

bootstraps, but for home ec classes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
can confirm the dollar general thing. have one on the corner and it's a loving wasteland. like they have white bread and maybe hamburger buns. absolutely no vegetables or fruits that arent frozen, they might have one or two bags of the most c-grade broccoli in the freezer. it is not a fuckin grocery store

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ultravoices posted:

https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/publications/82101/eib-165.pdf?v=3395.3

this is from 2017 and i bet it's worse now.

if the grocery option you have available to you is dollar general, it's hard to come by a vegetable.

the should in children should eat more vegetables is doing a lot of work. the tone that's taken by the jamie olivers of the world is one of personal responsibility-- parents SHOULD be feeding their children more healthy food, so they can have the morally correct palate to eat a vegetable in the school lunches.

i think that readers of this thread could agree with me in that i also agree with the statement that children should have more healthful food-- but the should there is about access, equity, caregivers having the time and knowledge to be able to cook healthful food, and us all not being ground under the heel of capital.

actually i agree with spankmeister, caring about childrens nutrition makes you a bitch

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

fart simpson posted:

actually i agree with spankmeister, caring about childrens nutrition makes you a bitch

oh my mistake, we return now to your regularly scheduled cool ironic detachment.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ultravoices posted:

oh my mistake, we return now to your regularly scheduled cool ironic detachment.

who are you even arguing with here OP?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the part where jamie oliver cuts the breast and thigh off a whole chicken and then points to the carcass and said "look at that! it's gross! it's trash!" made like 1.2 billion humans who know how to make chicken stock gasp a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Jonny 290 posted:

the part where jamie oliver cuts the breast and thigh off a whole chicken and then points to the carcass and said "look at that! it's gross! it's trash!" made like 1.2 billion humans who know how to make chicken stock gasp a little bit

What the gently caress.