Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

The_Franz posted:

assuming you can afford the thousands of dollars a year per-person the :airquote:semi-affordable:airquote: insurance costs, it quickly becomes unaffordable when you actually use it due to the huge deductable

i had to use a word other than unaffordable, because that would indicate zero progress. which, well,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the proper name of the island is actually lesvos

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Does he...you know...sail from San Francisco?

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

bump_fn posted:

the proper name of the island is actually lesvos

it's sad that the real world island of lesbos is today mostly an internment camp for migrants

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Broken Machine posted:

it's sad that the real world island of lesbos is today mostly an internment camp for migrants

it’s a big island so it’s not just the camp but yeah it sucks poo poo. the eu has a rule that refugees seeking asylum can be sent back to the first eu country they entered so that northern europe doesn’t have to actually deal with the problems they caused, just the poor already austerityfucked southern countries

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

my partner and i performed drag frequently pre covid and 90% of our bad experiences were white gay men. i’m a bearded queen she’s a hyper we’re punk rock as gently caress. the entire reason we do drag is to take it back from the white gays.

we love performing in queer spaces but 100% of my performances in the yuppie aspirational gay spaces have had people be incredibly rude.

i don’t hold cis straight women to those standards because that’s unfair but if you’re queer you’ve been bullied and i won’t stand for people being lovely or racist ESPECIALLY towards the same team

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i have a huge chip on my shoulder but i’ve been in the local gay/queer scene since i was a teenager and i’ve performed and bartended or served at every joint in town and the quality parts of our scene are all smaller affairs or guest nights hosted at non queer bars rather than all the establishment queer spots

it’s been amazing this year watching our pride committee getting raked over the coals as blm unfolded for being a bunch of rich white liberal gays and lesbians who loved and endorsed having cops in the pride parade. no trans people or poc anywhere in the command structure.

it’s been 8 months and they’ve all had their heads in the sand and it’s been positively delightful watching the lawsuits piling up

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lament.cfg posted:

"The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them." -Julius Nyerere, President of Tanzania (1964 - 1985)

lol. nice.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lol at the whole “free _______” attempted perennial burn.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

that's just a list of everything boomers had when they were young. they filled their pockets and ran off and told their kids that if they even thought about sex they would die from aids

e: their weed and beer was poo poo though

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 6, 2021

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

President Beep posted:

lol at the whole “free _______” attempted perennial burn.

They have creams if you have a burning sensation in the perennial area.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

The_Franz posted:

that's just a list of everything boomers had when they were young. they filled their pockets and ran off and told their kids that if they even thought about sex they would die from aids

e: their weed and beer was poo poo though

i still feel like, despite everything that's worse now compared to then, overall i'd rather be living now than then

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm pretty sure the idea behind the meme is a guy in a van promising free candy, who your parents probably told you not to trust

the things they wrote on the van are things we all want, because they're meant to be a stand in for free candy, not because they think they're dumb to want

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 6, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Broken Machine posted:

i still feel like, despite everything that's worse now compared to then, overall i'd rather be living now than then

this is true for everyone except white men.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i don’t want free healthcare, etc. i want to loving gut the rich to pay for it. I’ll also gladly pay my share.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

infernal machines posted:

i'm pretty sure the idea behind the meme is a guy in a fan promising free candy, who your parents probably told you not to trust

the things they wrote on the van are things we all want, because they're meant to be a stand in for free candy, not because they think they're dumb to want

it literally says "free sex" on the side. everything's above board

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m extremely horny for obscenely progressive taxation

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

it literally says "free sex" on the side. everything's above board

outside of a very specific type of transaction sex is usually free, it's everything else that costs you

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the upshot is apparently whoever made the meme thinks bernie is going to molest you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You could do way worse than Bernie

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

who doesn't like actively punishing the homeless for ~ reasons ~ https://twitter.com/2AvSagas/status/1358131518749736964?s=20

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpa7wEAz7I

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Casual Encountess posted:

here’s a fun dog whistle for you non queers. peoole who says glbt instead of lgbt are frequently the ones being sexist and racist in the community

this is the first i’m ever hearing this and also idgi

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what don't you get - that some people reorder gay and lesbian in the acronym to make a lovely point, or that there are people that would do so

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

PIZZA.BAT posted:

this is the first i’m ever hearing this and also idgi

british terfs like to leave the T off

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

SmokaDustbowl posted:

british terfs like to leave the T off

erfs

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

what don't you get - that some people reorder gay and lesbian in the acronym to make a lovely point, or that there are people that would do so

oh i thought it'd be something more like using the same letters to represent similar but subtly different things. i was overthinking it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump_fn posted:

it’s a big island so it’s not just the camp but yeah it sucks poo poo. the eu has a rule that refugees seeking asylum can be sent back to the first eu country they entered so that northern europe doesn’t have to actually deal with the problems they caused, just the poor already austerityfucked southern countries

that’s an insanely bad rule lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

“texit”, lol. yes, please do this.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/05/texas-republicans-endorse-legislation-vote-secession?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-1

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

fart simpson posted:

that’s an insanely bad rule lol

canada and the us have/had a similar agreement. if you're seeking asylum you have to apply to the country you entered through. obviously in recent years this caused some issues

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
sweden doesn’t use this rule and so if you can smuggle yourself all the way from italy or greece to sweden you’re home free but that’s not exactly easy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

they can hook up with quebec

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

this is getting repetitive. i don't think there's been a presidential election since i was old enough to vote that hasn't had someone calling for succession in the aftermath

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Suxit, for Suomi does not belong in Europe!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_K_79O21hk

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
it's lgbtq so your republican dad's ears perk up long enough after you said LESBIAN to hear the rest of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i figured it was lgtbq because it rolls off the tongue better