Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I imagine you need to sell your soul to moloch to run for congress in Florida. There was an incident in college where his college roommate wound up dead, and the police rushed to close the case at his dad's behest. He also grew up in the truman show house, and occupies the seat that Joe Scarborough gave up after allegedly murdering his intern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol at this dork poo poo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

all that work and effort for what's ultimately still just a chevy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sniep posted:

all that work and effort for what's ultimately still just a chevy

they seem to have a very cavalier attitude

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
big for sure stands out in my mind but i’m pretty sure i saw reruns of splash and joe v volcano too

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
corvettes are uniquely cool vehicles. the weird thing is that each generation is uniquely cool, in it's own way.

if you are into corvettes you are into exactly 1 generation, maybe kinda 1.5 . you either like the malt shop first gen, the mullet and black sabbath 3rd gen, cocaine+yacht rock 4th gen, hagar van halen 5th gen, kid rock 6th/7th gen, or the pure bolivian flake insanity that is the c8

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they are gorgeous feats of engineering. i will never talk poo poo on any vette. I also would never, ever, ever own or buy one.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the first gen viper is right there

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

corvettes are uniquely cool vehicles. the weird thing is that each generation is uniquely cool, in it's own way.

if you are into corvettes you are into exactly 1 generation, maybe kinda 1.5 . you either like the malt shop first gen, the mullet and black sabbath 3rd gen, cocaine+yacht rock 4th gen, hagar van halen 5th gen, kid rock 6th/7th gen, or the pure bolivian flake insanity that is the c8

this tracks big time. i love the curves of the 3rd gen.

once got to drive a friend's 5th gen. it was fun right up until the fuel pump started crapping out and i wondered if i somehow broke it lol

Jonny 290 posted:

you're just saying that because it wants to kill you!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

they seem to have a very cavalier attitude

my first car was a mid-80s brown cavalier. think it used to be a taxi of some kind. it would occasionally crap out and just not want to start, but it never stayed fully dead either. one time when it wouldn't start we were pushing it up onto a trailer, mom grabbed the steering wheel and *pop* it just pulled right out of the steering column. she decided then and there i was getting another car; that's when i got the '90 t-bird.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

the C8 interests me so much because it's the opposite of the traditional corvette (big pushrod V8 in the front driving the rear wheels through a manual gearbox) and yet baffling things like "rear-mid-engine V8 driving the rear wheels through a dual-clutch automatic" are ideas that GM comes up with because they work REALLY well despite it alienating a whole set of their consumer base

but it's also a seventy thousand dollar base model before taxes so it interests me in the way that a first gen acura nsx interests me. it is an absolutely rad car and I will never have the means to purchase or keep one

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

if i were a billionaire i’d probably own a couple corevettes tbqh, i’ve always had a thing for them

but i expect to stay in the hatch or small pickup market for most of the rest of my days

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

probably about right; however, i really like the first, third, and weirdly enough, the 8 gen. but yeah owning one seems like an awful money pit and even the latest 8th is just like unbashed mid-life crisis_the_car but in a weirdly shameless and cool way. first gen seems like it'd be the most interesting to own though

thunderbirds on the other hand.... hoo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

my hope is that with the C8 being unexpectedly cool, GM's going to try a Fiero revival to compete with the BRZ/86 and MX-5

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
gm pretty much cant make anything other than BIG TRUCK (with DOA fuel injector) these days so i doubt they're going to do anything other than continue to make BIG TRUCK WITH BIG DEFECT, and sometimes a new corv

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Joel Greenberg, the Tax Collector Tied to US Rep Matt Gaetz, Once Blew $90k in Taxpayer Money On a Crypto Mining Rig
https://gizmodo.com/joel-greenberg-the-tax-collector-tied-to-us-rep-matt-g-1846595381

gizmodo posted:

Perhaps the most incredible item on Greenberg’s rap sheet — even wackier than the story about him impersonating a law enforcement officer — is the time he reportedly used $90,000 worth of taxpayer money to build a massive cryptocurrency mining rig in his private office, which immediately overloaded the electrical breakers and then, when he moved it to a different office, caused a power surge that started a fire.

https://twitter.com/Scott_Maxwell/status/1377039713396211715

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

Joel Greenberg, the Tax Collector Tied to US Rep Matt Gaetz, Once Blew $90k in Taxpayer Money On a Crypto Mining Rig
https://gizmodo.com/joel-greenberg-the-tax-collector-tied-to-us-rep-matt-g-1846595381

He got in trouble for literally 0 of those things iirc, even impersonating a police officer to fake arrest someone

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
His wife does nothing but bitch about cancel culture all day while her husband is in prison for child loving

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

A first gen viper went up for sale here lately, like 20K miles, I think it was under $40K

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

His wife does nothing but bitch about cancel culture all day while her husband is in prison for child loving

apparently you can’t see this without a fb account which honestly i think i’m thankful for

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

Wasn't there a whole tv show about a hero that drives a Viper?

Like Knight Rider but with a lot more fishtailing.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

c2/c3 fan checking in.

e: the early c3s. not the anemic garbage from the late 70s or w/e.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Wasn't there a whole tv show about a hero that drives a Viper?

Like Knight Rider but with a lot more fishtailing.

was this the one on nbc that had like an emp for disabling cars and active camo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

c2/c3 fan checking in.

e: the early c3s. not the anemic garbage from the late 70s or w/e.
hell yeah. gimme dat C2 Sting Ray any day. love the C8 purely because it proved gm could do something different for a change and still come out with a winner

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, the c8 is cool in many ways. one of which is how it pisses off corvette fundies.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just made a fun graph to show how america is healing post covid

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1377591596431052810

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

President Beep posted:

yeah, the c8 is cool in many ways. one of which is how it pisses off corvette fundies.

the corvette continuing to change and evolve over time is a miracle given how every single other "merican muscle" car keeps remixing the same ancient history worse and worse

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mediaphage posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

carry on then posted:

the corvette continuing to change and evolve over time is a miracle given how every single other "merican muscle" car keeps remixing the same ancient history worse and worse

agreed.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1377333805845946370

and hes good buddies with this guy. weird

https://twitter.com/zachmider/status/984809037312286720

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this gaetz poo poo is genuinely wild [if this isn't all forgery or smoke blowing or a scam]

quote:

Rep. Matt Gaetz possesses text message screenshots, an email, and a typed document that purportedly support his claims that a federal investigation into his relationship with a 17-year-old is related to an extortion scheme against him.

On Tuesday, the New York Times reported that the Justice Department is investigating whether Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid her to travel with him. Gaetz has called the report "totally false." Gaetz told Axios that his lawyers told him that he "was not a target but a subject of an investigation regarding sexual conduct with women."

The Florida Republican countered the report on Twitter and in statements to Axios and Fox News with a claim that his family is being extorted for $25 million and that the people pushing stories about an investigation into his relationships with women are the people extorting him and the subjects of an FBI extortion investigation over the last few weeks.

The documents in Gaetz's possession detail an alleged scheme that revolves around attempts by former Air Force intelligence officer Bob Kent and Beggs & Lane attorney David McGee, a former federal prosecutor, to free ex-FBI agent-turned-private investigator Robert Levinson from imprisonment in Iran.

Levinson went missing in Iran in March 2007. McGee is the attorney for the Levinson family. Kent in December 2018 had planned a secret mission to try to rescue Levinson, but he was reportedly thwarted by the federal government.

Screenshots provided to the Washington Examiner show a message that his father, Don Gaetz, a former Florida state Senate president, said he received from Kent on March 16. The message proposes “a plan that can make [Matt Gaetz’s] future legal and political problems go away.” Gaetz has denied any relationship with a minor.

the washington times is a fully chud-owned right wing media outlet

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

im the underarmor tank top

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

idg why the simple life of a millionaire partyboy failson wasn't enough for gaetz, I guess trump proved out that you could ride that to the top no matter how much of a gross weirdo you were

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

qirex posted:

idg why the simple life of a millionaire partyboy failson wasn't enough for gaetz, I guess trump proved out that you could ride that to the top no matter how much of a gross weirdo you were

It's kind of amazing how all of our wealthy overlords are all just losers. Bezos started prime videos to bone actresses, Elon tweets like a teen, Jack is trying to kill himself by discovering eastern spirtuality, and also people like Notch are lol.

If I had that kind of wealth i'd be off the internet loving Instagram models and doing designer drugs.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/amandalitman/status/1377625303149916160

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's kind of amazing how all of our wealthy overlords are all just losers. Bezos started prime videos to bone actresses, Elon tweets like a teen, Jack is trying to kill himself by discovering eastern spirtuality, and also people like Notch are lol.

If I had that kind of wealth i'd be off the internet loving Instagram models and doing designer drugs.

Fwiw there's probs significantly more people of extreme means doing exactly this, they just try to stay out of the headlines.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shoeberto posted:

Fwiw there's probs significantly more people of extreme means doing exactly this, they just try to stay out of the headlines.

Yeah i'm sure there are probably hundreds of epsteins out there who's crimes haven't been exposed. It's just very amusing that our very publicly known figures are like this.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

shoeberto posted:

I think part of it is those ultrawealthy people want their politics done for them so finding some pre-compromised shady florida cokehead fratbro who's only a centimillionaire they can easily manipulate is a good outcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

seriously. I’d be out flying airplanes and driving race cars and poo poo. traveling even!