Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Makes me wish I'd have done the needful and travelled internationally a few years back because there's absolutely no chance of it happening any time soon.
probably not but maybe late 2021 (lol). definitely do it though before world gets even shittier all around -- which it is rapidly doing. take the wife to see some cool italian/greek or german poo poo before everything decays and crippling global poverty. lotta cool poo poo and good biking out there too and you can bike pretty much anywhere, kinda wanted to do a long international bike-vacation like that like biking around europe, maybe throwing bikes onto the eurostar for long distances but mostly by peddal.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

bump_fn posted:

yospos is a lot of bay area goons and lol if you think their vote for president matters lol
correct

this is why im not supporting a sundowned warmongering racist rapist. rapists are bad people. it's also hilarious how libs killed metoo because it looked bad for their senile rapist so they made up a zillion medium buzzfeed articles about how women's bodies have ways of shutting that thing down and logistically it's just impossible see this 30 paragraph essay about how tara is lying.

gloria la riva is going to win

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

power botton posted:

the more the dems gently caress up, the higher the stakes are that a democrat has to win, the more you absolutely need to vote for dems next time

*1972* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1976* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important.no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1980* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1984* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1988* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1992* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*1996* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2000* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2004* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2008* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2012* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does less racist and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2016* look i know this warmongering racist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for her because she does less racism and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

*2020* look i know this warmongering rapist isn't your first choice, sure material conditions will continue to massively deteriorate for 99% of the people but you have to vote for him because he does rape but less less rape and think of all the poors/immigrants/lgtbq/bipocs that will be irreparably harmed if the other guy wins. we'll do some good in another 4 years we promise. now is not the time to play politics this is too important. no we can't tax the rich, or give you healthcare, nor we can't stop consuming fossil fuels yet because the economy isn't stable yet, but don't worry as soon as it is we'll take care of it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

bob dobbs is dead posted:

al gore was p legit about climate change and 2000 wasnt too late

too bad 2020 is, p much

that came about after he lost, he was running to the right of loving Bill Bradley (who at the time was at least somewhat for public option healthcare), and using rhetoric of "we gotta stop welfare queens, we gotta do tort reform, we gotta balance the budget and tighten the belt, we gotta get more 401ks". he absolutely got it stolen but he also didn't offer anything other than "hey im better tahn that other guy. no im not offering the people anything. plz vote?" he didn't really campaign on climate change at the time (and not that anyone cared, nor do they care tyool 2020 anyways). certainly would have been a lot better than dubya but also maybe campaign on things that get people hyped and excited to vote for you other than "i like 2 give money 2 rich ppl" and maybe it would have been harder to get it stolen by 1 state.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
~~CAP AND TRADE~~

just the most absolute dumbest motherfuckers

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

kitten emergency posted:

honestly I’ve been developing a theory of why things have gotten to this point and a lot of it has to do with the liberal inclination to think that 50%+ of the country is stupid and unintelligent. i think for the most part, conservatives understand that they’re being lied to, but they simply don’t care because their politicians deliver them the things that matter - less taxes for the Ford and jetski dealers, sure, but mostly they own the libs and the people who talk down to them. they know the republicans are going to keep black people out of their neighborhood. there’s some % that are all-in on trump and have been brain poisoned by the internet, but it’s probably on aggregate the same % of people who are all-in on leftism in america

but the rest... it’s why bernie did well in fox townhalls or w/e, because he didn’t treat the audience as stupid. i don’t know how you get beyond the point we’re at now without people actually recognizing that you can’t write off half the country as unsalvageable idiot golems who need their coastal betters to show them the way
it goes back quite awhile, in part between the hoover FBI, CIA coups, assasinating leftist union leaders writ-large, academica cointel and pushing chicago cato economics, media control by moneyed interests and shutting down/consolidating those (see also Sinclair and Clear CHannel spending most of the 90s through late 00s buying up midwest/south/smaller-town/etc local rags, radio, and network and consolidating into national punditry op-eds advocating their interest on the cheap), and so on.

a strong divergent point is the Paul Volcker and Carter administration saying americans need to tighten their belts and consume less and start of the globalized neoliberal economic system with the end of bretton woods and from there dems becoming party of neoliberalism, which is also essentially the party of republicans so the only 'disagreements' are over useless, and for lack of better word, "culture war" elements where neither really cares but its useful to rally the rubes. this was fiercely retaliated with predictable backlash because saying "the american way of life needs to change" was completely not acceptable and never will be.

an example of this is reagan and others in the 70s got their start opposing transfering over control of the panama canal to panama, they absolutely hated that even though it was a 100% worthless and of zero-use for strategic reasons (it can't even be used for the navy because its too small and easily bombed anyways), and was long agreed upon decades ago. the only reason was "how dare they" and using that to rally up the rubes, and even when they were in power they didn't stop it because they didn't want to, it was just a rallying cry and they knew that. now we've gone into the realm of these idiot true-believers who have long forgotten (or never understood) that poo poo like that is just "rally the rubes" cry and actually believe that poo poo beacuse they were told to believe that poo poo when they were younger. or republicans using immigrants as stealing ur jobs even though they actually love immigrants for exploitable labor and to crush labor power, they never actually wanted to do anything about it because the powers that be love having exploited labor domestically. when reagan took power they essentially subsumed each other just using useless "culture war" elements to point fingers and go "no im lesser evil"; and no longer advocating for labor, bettering the prospects and health of the people. and predictably labor rights deteriorated, most people just tuned out leaving your overeducated academic lanyard libs and rube rallied evangelicals spittling on tv because again, no one is saying "hey i care about you"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

its hilarious how though we're all supposedly sexist fascist dirtbags, the leftists in this thread are always fine and the succ rear end center libs come in loving raging and getting the thread in closure territory every time

i do recognize the anger yall feel due to the realization that decorum politics is worthless and your party will not exist after 2022. We See You. and We'll Do Better (at dismantling the DNC apparatus)
correct. electorialism is a purposeful dead-end anyways; vote for ____ or don't, it doesn't matter, don't tut-tut pearl clutch at people either way for some smug bluecheckmark moral superiority. if anyone actually cared they'd be phonebanking and canvassing for their guy which is 100000% more effective than just Posting Online, but they don't, they just want superiority.

the only actual path for improving material conditions is labor solidarity and organizing. voting or posting will never do anything -- it's all just shouting into the void.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

infernal machines posted:

oh, is she still alive?

that seems like an oversight
i think they know what they're doing and can handle her better without raising too many suspicions (not that they wouldn't get away with it again ofc). epstein was just a little too potentially dangerous to let stay alive. either a sham trial with 3 days in luxury prison and not to talk about people involved, or something like that. they very much seem to be intentionally wink wink skirting around everything and anything of actual substance. there's been very little 'oh thats new' here

Sagebrush posted:

p much everyone on both sides of the political spectrum agrees that epstein was murdered. the only debate is whether he was killed by the clinton foundation to cover up bill loving kids, or killed by the trump organization to cover up donald loving kids.

of course the reality is that both the clintons and the trumps hired hitmen to kill him, and so did half a dozen other mega-elites, and all their assassins bumped into each other in the jail hallway the same night and drew straws
this upcoming Martin McDonagh or Guy Ritchie movie sounds good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

i still can't get used to cars without DRLs. car rolling down the street looking like it's parked. gently caress sake

some motorcyclists also really hate DRLs on cars because motorcycles have had an always-on headlight requirement since the 80s, which meant that for a while any time you saw a headlight in the day it was a bike and thus you stood out a bit. that's no longer the case.

i like DRL on cars but i would also support mandating selective yellow for motorcycles.
personally headlights should be mandatorily on anytime the car is on, day or night. it's just better safety all around and there isn't any reason not to have htem just be car on = light on. daytime lights are ok but still better just to have full on headlights.

or abolish cars, that's better but i'll take having mandatory headlights on

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
its almost night and day (ehehe) how much safer it is with lots of close to near-misses of admiral ackbars trying to ram me driving my s/o's mini-cooper when i have headlights off vs on. part of it's just being a dark-blue small car to begin with but visibility seems to go way up when they're on

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Roosevelt posted:

oh yeah it's called the SWEAT pledge, and lo and behold:

i'm done. good night.

yeah mike rowe is loving garbage. a lovely cal grad turned into QVC hostman slinging overpriced garbage turned into literally LARPing as a Hard Working Blue Collar Whisperer Man for big moneys just showing up to pose for a second with some labor and tell them to keep working hard one day they'll succeed

speaking of cock bros, brace belden/pisspiggrandad did an extremely good two-parter podcast on them recently:
https://soundcloud.com/trueanonpod/kochd-up-part-i
https://black-epstein-feed-trueanon.sounder.fm/episode/episode-95-kochd-up-part-2?page=3

it can't be understated just how strong and in the game the cock bros have been working to push their ideology through the likes of Mike Rowes and other convenient puppets in advancing their goals--many many decades in the making and it's almost all come to fruitition. they've been trying to kill the USPS for like 30+ years just because fuckyou and are close to succeeding. The ending to the last episode there is also :discourse:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 29, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

graph posted:

basing the entire campaign on 'not trump' meant it was doomed to failure from the start

you would think DNC would have learned from 2004 with john loving kerry that.... hmm.... running another olde neoliberal ghoulish war criminal and saying "HARM REDUCTION! think of all the minorites that will be irreparably harmed under bushs second term! he's our best chance at beating bush!!" is a completely losing strategy time and time again.

not like there was exactly a great lineup but howard dean had some pretty good momentum and was for single payer healthcare at the time so they had to kill him by running media triangulation about how kerry was the most electable lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Monochrome posted:

is this still the fault of third party voters i lost my place in the script
that'll be the MSNBC/cnn/lanyard lib twitter talking points tomorrow and come to the conclusion "we gotta get more nazis on our side", but not yet no.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

where's the buble thread??

called it. i expected a 60/40 pass

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Major EPIC win tonight for all californians today.

prop 15 gone down in flames: corporate land owners preserving their god-ordained 1960s tax rate of $1 a year. they worked hard for those locked in tax rates. disney would have to RAISE ticket prices if they had to pay their real value! NO GOOD!

prop 17 flaming out: good gently caress zoomers. 17 years SHOULD NOT VOTE. infact we should remove voting rights for anyone under 65, they clearly dont know whats good for them

prop 19 passing: big win for all hard working baby bombers protecting their tax value to move anywhere they want! and real estate agents earning a fat commision that they worked hard for

prop 21 gone down in flames: landlords defeated evil rent controls trying to take away their hard earned money! rents are greedy parasites anyways good gently caress em

prop 23 going down like the Hindenburg: devita dialysis corporate preserving their shareholder profit dividend payouts. regulations BAD for consumer, bad for profit! very good win here!

prop 25 gone down in flames: bad no good legislature tried to abolish cash bail, smarmy gavin even signed it into law, but we said NO! bail bonds industry preserving cash bail for another decade and keeping those evil dirty urban feral criminals locked off and out of the suburbs. if they didnt want to pay bail they shouldnt have done a crime! SAFE STREETS NOW

Very good result all around, we did it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Roosevelt posted:

oh great, i'm so principled i voted for gloria or howie, enjoy another 4 years of trumpfest. assholes.

lmao are we already at the stage where libs refuse to look internally and start looking externally yelling at minorities for not voting hard enough and yelling at a couple thousands voters in california/colorado/ny/oregon/washington about not voting for a rapist??? btw libs are already blaming latinos and yelling at latinos for being bad people right now. fuckin' gross

yes please keep on trying to shame a couple thousand california and colorado people instead of looking at a guy whose brain is mush and has told voters not to vote for him if they want to close down concentration camps, or not ot vote for him if they want healthcare, or not to vote for him if they believe women. literally said those things, multiple times. and at any single point in his campaign he could have done literally just ONE (1) of the following and easily won

- promised LEGALIZE WEED DUDE (literally the loving safest thing to campaign on given over half the states have already legallized it and no one gives a poo poo about opposing it)
- promised to extend covid and unemployment payouts
- promised to give healthcare pls
- promised to forgive student loans
- promised to not bomb or lock-up brown people in camps
- selected any non-poo poo vp like sanders or nina turner or literally anyone else besides a cop during anti-cop movements

like literarily just one, he couldn't even do that. loving going "yes im going to legalize weed" would have handed him a landslide even while doing nothing else whatsoever and campaigning on conservative ideology for everything else.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Nov 4, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The DNC struck down M4A and legal weed by overwhelming margins as part of their platform at the start of their convention. Those are the most popular policies in America and both of them poll 50%+ with republicans. They didn't want to win.
This. all these the liberals getting mad yelling about poor latinos for not voting The Right Way or an insigifcant 0.01% of california voters for not adding to a worthless popular vote count are missing the point entirely. Libs should be mad at the Tom Perezes, the Obamas, the James Carvilles, the Jamie Dimons, the DC think tank elites, the lanyards, and all those other ghouls running the show who purposely threw the election because they didn't want to win. Vote-shaming people (either way) or trying to blame russia or trying to blame minorites or trying to blame ___ is exactly what the leaders want to you to do because it means you aren't looking at them

They purposely did not want to win.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Everyone in Texas and Florida looks like this

it's really uncanny isn't it? but yeah add AZ and holy poo poo they're made in a factory or something.

i dont know if it's smoking a pack of cigarettes a day, the sun, screaming at retail workers all day, or having an HR job but wowza.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 5, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

President Beep posted:

god I’m tired. I’m gonna go to bed and not look at the electrical map until tomorrow.
it's actually not bad at all. pretty good news all around, actually. the senile rapist won

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

fart simpson posted:

what if we want to do both

sorry we can only do one thing at a time, in series

dems the rules

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Clockwerk posted:

Thank god he's too dumb and lazy to actually coup. I thought others would do it for him, but everyone is just bailing instead lol
GOP has intentionally dropped him like a rock immediately, they never wanted him and they got 100% everything they wanted now and over the last 4 years. GOP sure has a lot of loving dumb people but the cock bro and mcconels arent that dumb: this was a very big win and went way better than the Mcconnels et al expected. Trump was just a useful figurehead that outserved his purpose.

They have a solid lock on the senate (not even including the Manchins), especially given Ossoff and Warnock are likely going to lose the runoff. DNC wont be able to accomplish anything of importance, and especially not anything against capital or anything to help people. and even better, they won't be able to fill most of the cabinet with anyone that isn't Mcconnel-Approved. They still get their Elaine Cho's and the Ajit Pais in charge.

Executive orders are dead because Mcconnel got his wish backfilling 1/3rd of the federal judicial system and there aren't about to be that many vacancy's coming up of importance. not compared to the backlog he got. There was nothing more the GOP could wring out of another 4 years of Trump, its done, and dems helped seat 90% of them. trump would probably even a more liability given he would yell at them for not passing more stimulus money which they definitely do not want to do no matter what.

GOP also took house seats, but better than that.... they've taken or held state legislatures across the country in a time of redistricting with an already sketchy as gently caress census, locking them into maintaining state power with 15% of the votes, and even better positioned to setup more house-seat wins in 2022 rejigging the ones they don't like. They are 100% taking the house big time in 2022.

the recession is going to worsen into a depression and GOP will just stonewall any pandemic relief (and biden will of course take the obvious blame, as he should), and then just run on democrat's uselessness in 2022 about how everyone's lives have gotten massively worse capturing that, and slide into an easy super majority win in 2024

just like when obama setup his political machinima to help.... him, and let all the state and house seats just get washed away because its all about the spectacle of The Big Man. The DNC has largely done it again folks, but oh wait they spent like $200 million on loving jaime harrison and amy mcgrath LMAO.

it's only sweet because cheeto is bad and ugly and loudmouthed, but it's a REALLY loving bad and ugly result

e: also forgot michigan passed a prop that allowed GOP to gerrymander again instead of using an independent commission, just in time too lol

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 7, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sorry got it confused with Missouri. same mi------ sounding dead state. amendment 3 in missouri gave the gop the right to gerrymander again, just intime for the redistricting

quote:

Republican politicians in Missouri have won back power to draw the lines in the 2021 redistricting process that will determine legislative districts for ten years. Their ballot measure, Amendment 3, was approved by voters on Nov. 3 by a vote of 51% to 49%. It was a difference of almost 59,000 votes out of nearly 2.9 million cast on the amendment.

The measure reverses anti-gerrymandering reforms that 62% of voters had approved in 2018. The 2018 measure created the position of a nonpartisan state demographer to draw districts that take into account “partisan fairness and competitiveness.” Amendment 3 eliminates the demographer and directs the state to use the system that was in place prior to 2018, which relies on a politician-appointed commissions, one nominated by the Senate and one by the House, whose members would be approved by the governor. It also deprioritizes partisan fairness and competitiveness, instructing map drawers to give more weight to other considerations like simple shapes and contiguousness.

Amendment 3 also includes language that appears to allow politicians to exclude people who are not eligible to vote, like children, non-citizens, and incarcerated individuals, from district counts.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 7, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

I do remember my teachers in late 1992 telling me about how we were all hosed because Clinton won though.

near-30 years later, turns out they were right thanks to welfare gutting, crime bill, DMCA, and repealing glass-steagall

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

see i used to think that "brunch" was just like having breakfast food at ~10:30am or something but one of my friends assured me some time ago that among city-dwellers it is actually queuing in line at a hip restaurant to have slightly-upscale breakfast food with alcoholic beverages.

i can confirm in the pre-covid days (and also even covid-days) that in the bay area/california it's extremely common for all brunch spots to have 1-3 hrs waits on the weekend. the 2- is an outlier past the standard deviation yet not an exaggeration but median wait can easily be 45 minutes to 1 hr here, sometimes longer if you show up at like 10am instead of 9am.

especialy if it's any even similar instagrammabe/pinterest-able place, but it generally extends to all local non-dennys/black-bear-diner brunch spots.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 8, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

That picture will be in history books

Someone pointed out that everything there was on the value menu
trumps in the know: better to buy 5 $1 value macs than 1 $5 big mac. hes got the instincts for money folks

definitely the most trumpy moment and the only time he was ever happy. being live for that was wild

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

psiox posted:

plus onslaught mode was the best

also gog has ut2k4 for cheap and it works great everywhere (even on osx with wine)

yeah I loving loved 2k4 back in the day, mostly because of Onslaught mode and the flying hovercraft slamming people was great. Assault was really neat but easily broken over it's knee, could have been really good with some work.

i've never been a fan of just straight up DM/TDM game modes, so UT2k4 was very much my jam.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

The_Franz posted:

and of course the shitlibs went from loathing to loving bolton because he wrote a book ripping on trump. a book which he wrote because he was speeding to the white house with a massive boner over finally being able to bomb iran after they shot down that drone, only to be left with blueballs after trump wouldn't sign off on his plan because it went way beyond an appropriate proportional response

let that sink in: bolton is so crazy that trump is the voice of reason in comparison
libs are loathsome creatures. lets not forget libs re-habilitated george bush and loving Robert Mueller. the amount of liberals cheering on this lifelong republican, an architect of getting us into the Iraq war and testifying that they definitely 100% totally have WMDS we have to go in now, is going to be the guy that loving undoes trump? lmao come loving on. it was a giant wet fart as expected and mueller did absolutely nothing.

Sagebrush posted:

i recall a year or so ago seeing someone link a snopes article to refute some right-wing conspiracy theory, and the chuds immediately responded that snopes is part of the left wing fake news and is run by SJW clintonistas and don't you know you can't trust garbage sites like that.

it shouldn't surprise me at this stage but i am still impressed by the chud brain capacity to just reject reality when it doesn't align with their beliefs. zero self-reflection, zero cognitive dissonance. the totally apolitical fact-checking site says my guy lied? no he didn't. this must be the work of george soros

all the conservatives I know turned on snopes over 12 years ago when snopes said "obama birth certificate real and this is a fake conspiracy" and that was that. end of using snopes forever because they're part of the soros liberal fakenews.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DELETE CASCADE posted:

trump got even more votes than he did 4 years ago. the gop establishment are terrified of him and the base he commands, as evidenced by their refusal to declare biden the winner even when he obviously is. republicans are supposed to be about conservative values. what conservative values has trump EVER exhibited? yet they love him unconditionally. trumpism has taken over the gop in a way that the tea party movement perhaps suggested but never truly predicted. it took a trump to make trumpism. but now it's out there, and it's not going away, because HE refuses to go away, and his followers aren't going anywhere either (except maybe the covid ward)

nah trump isn't anything new: trump is the embodiment of the GOP since the 1970s. hes a symptom, not a cause, that's what libs don't get. tea bagger movement wasn't really a takeover of the party, it was a further embodiment of the GOP of course taken further and further on the 'culture war' fluff. perhaps a slight re-action to the neocons but not really, its because those dastardly neocons come off as democrats. whites / gops love culture war, they don't have to talk about material conditions, rising healthcare costs, they dont have to talk about how jeff bezos is taking all their money. and dems love this too because it's exactly what their academic educated donors and corporate lobbyists want as they purposely strip out the copper wiring out of the country.

so when one party is saying "lalala everything is actually perfectly fine, have you considered learning 2 code? we just need more diversity, more clap women clap ICE clap agents slaaay kween slay them all, its the fault of uncultured uneducated swine if only they would support robert meuller we would save this country" they say as they leer over their latest pinstagram-friendly brunch of bottomless mimosas and the other party starts rallying about evil immigrants and owning china and bringing back manufacturing and walls and owning da libs, it's not a wonder people tune-out entirely or go for 'lets own the people telling me to learn 2 code and that im an uneducated huckster' they've seen their material conditions continue to deteriorate massively and have therefore been easily malleable to these rube cries and even the very simplest modest cry of 'hes going to bring my jobs back!' is a far loving cry more than most people have heard from the democrats for over 40 years.

trump is a success whereas those other ghouls like jeb, santorum, ted cruz oooze, huckabee, kasich, hawley, cotton, etc all fail is because they're losers, they come off as pretentious stuck-up over-academic preppy losers. nobody likes those types. they dont know how to yell the rube-rallying cries with charisma. trump is the successful businessman, just like me, he's good, he's going to build us the wall and bring manufacturing back! but trump isn't the root here, they're all the same--he just has those qualities that made it work.

trump lost 2020 because he stopped campaigning like 2016. he was acting like a failed loser in 2020: vote for MEEEE illl keep america great, fake hoax virus fake news trying to take me down, and whining like a lib. if he had stuck to how he campaigned in 2016 which is talking about how much hes going to smash nafta and the libs, hes going to own china, hes going to bring back more farms and manufacturing, hes going to revive the car industry, more walls! he probably would have won.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 19, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

does anybody else automatically translate ((( globalist ))) to [jewish] cause that what it means right

it would nominally mean the Davos Forum Global Elite of pure bloodsucking sociopathic monsters, of which many are jewish by an slightly outstanding proportion, but many are also not.

but in terms of generally used by right-wing it's 100% meant to be (((jews))) because they dont want to, can't, accept the villains are capitalism leaders writ large

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Sagebrush posted:

yet they don't, because the democrats are professional incompetents, and the republicans are literal death cultists

calling them incompetent undersells that they're also corpofascist conspirators in the pockets of mega rich corporations and instead paints a picture of "oh lordy i just dont understand these politick thingymajigs, how can we ever do stuff?". they know drat well how to do stuff, see also military spending and bolstering private healthcare or making sure to pass legislation to name the latest $50 billion boondogle battleship the USS H. KISSINGER or the latest afghani embass the JOHN MCCAIN EMBASSY.

they purposely struck out legalized weed during the DNC convention from the platform, literally the most popular platform in america with like 80%+ approval for it where even bible-thumping buttfuck inbred states are legalizing it these days. they also struck out universal healthcare intentionally. they purposely do not want to govern or do anything that would upset their corporate donors and megarich 90 year old ghouls. its not incompetence, it's also death cult malice. but more 👏🏾 women 👏🏾 concentration 👏🏾 camp 👏🏾 guards

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

I go to the Ren Fair here in September for kitsch value and it's fun to tell my wife that all the obese ladies in bodices are gonna be loving the guys who do the knight show as soon as the customers all leave.
they're fun. they do a Great Dickens Christmas Fair here every year and yes it's basically that but dickens and everyone walks around in horrible cockney accents and poofy dresses with top hats or chimney sweeper clothes and says happy christmas. https://dickensfair.com/galleries/sensational-photos-videos its a fun guilty pleasure and a good excuse to drink a lot of mulled wine and hot buttered rums with some meat pies and tea

but absolutely there's a whole lot of sweaty obese sex in costumes after-hours

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

yospos, hornily: "god look at all those fat titties in corsets. I bet they're gonna go have gross fat sex later. Sweaty, fluids everywhere. Moans and gasping."

"...disgusting"

exactly :twisted:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

qirex posted:

I have my gross sex in an apartment like an adult

thank you for loving and cumming in your computer :911: god bless

liquid cooling

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I miss going to the flea market

flea markets here used to be really good a couple of decades ago but have been really bad the last 10 years. just all the same vendors selling exactly the same re-packaged harbor freight / alibaba poo poo between each one. very few selling actual antiques or anything anymore. and when there are, they want like 300% markup over even ebay pricing because antique roadshow and american pickers has told everyone their granny trinket clown poo poo is worth $5000

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
everyone younger than me is a literal child forever

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

I still maintain that natively speaking English causes brain damage
it's true. language literally structures and wires the brain within thought-constructs of the linguistic framework. and english language is among the dumbest.

honestly if americans were actually better forced to be bilingual from an early-age it would greatly enhance and fix up brains because it does enhance thought and thinking. my one biggest regret is not doing that at a young age because being multi-lingual rules and now i'm far too dumb and rotted away to learn. i can barely remember english words/names as it is.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

you should watch yuru camp.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SmokaDustbowl posted:

canada legalised weed which is a good step away from american bullshit and also british bullshit. australia should have followed suit but they hosed that up

weed is basically legal in all the good parts of america, and even the not good parts at this point. absolutely incredible it's still very illegal in most of europe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

one of my friends had a massive stroke in his late twenties. his wife called an ambulance and the doctors dithered for hours because they assumed "oh he's too young for it to be a stroke, he must just be on drugs"
it's pretty cool american healthcare is just outright dismissive of anyone under the age of 55+white. ~It'sJusT AnXietY~ ~It'S JuSt DruGs~ ~DrUG SeekER~

ive got an young australlian immigrant PCP doctor now and she rules and actually seems to believe poo poo and take things seriously.