Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

joe biden is a dirty old shitstain, but i assume that his administration would be staffed by people better than the actual nazis that trump employs

they will be very polite and be on good terms with their friends in the media while they throw refugees into concentration camps and repeatedly gas them with harsh disinfectants and contract out medical services to doctors that forcibly sterilize women

all the norms will be followed

there will be so much decorum

the dang cheeto will be out of the white house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

until he helps start another war that kills over a million people and devastates an entire nation and destabilizes a major region of the world then trump doesn't hold a candle to joeseph loving biden. if you vote for joe because he's the "lesser" evil you are either a credulous moron or a colossal piece of poo poo

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

did you not see the thing earlier today where trump basically said "come at me bro I'll loving nuke you" to iran

yes, and after similar bluster north korea is a smoking, radioactive ruin. oh wait, trump just likes to talk big about poo poo. better to have dems that apply sanctions that kill tens to hundreds of thousands of people, progressively.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

one thing americans also don't really get is that their lifestyle is dependent on the exploitation of the global south, and the way that they have kept americans pacified is by crushing democratic movements in the globally southern nations that we exploit for various things. like for example, i just bought 3lbs of bananas at costco for $2 that were grown in Costa Rica, and we all have iphones that use cobalt and lithium from africa or whatever. if the person who had to climb the tree to pick the bananas or the person who had to mine the cobalt got more of the value of the goods they produced, americans would be unable to afford basic everyday items without getting massive raises, which obviously the corporations will not be keen to do.

they understand that very well they just think it's good and proper

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

i mean by that metric trump was a democrat for most of his public life.

the dems have been...bad?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

the dems are gearing up to further turbofuck everyone that isn't a millionaire with their balanced-budget poo poo and you're spending your time online telling everyone how important this vote is and how dangerous it is to to tell people how hosed they are. get the gently caress over yourself.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

if you genuinely believe that nothing better is ever possible consider stepping away from the internet and going outside and doing something to try to change that view and/or your world

better things are possible but they sure as gently caress aren't thru a choice between joe biden and donald trump

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

polyester concept posted:

i don't think anyone is arguing that we won't be eating a poo poo sandwich no matter who is elected. if the choice was between a poo poo sandwich and a poo poo sandwich with a glass of water, i'd take the water.

i'd rather burn the mother loving restaurant down but it seems a lot of people are content with poo poo sandwiches and would rather argue about whether we should get a squeeze of lemon in our water or whether that'd bankrupt the business

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Beamed posted:

we are seeing what burning the motherfucking restaurant down is like, too, which is .. really bad, also.

in this context "burning the motherfucking restaurant down" means annihilating the two party system

psiox posted:

thanks for arguing for not even trying

stop posting and go gently caress yourself

i'm not sure why you'd be conflating making a "choice" between two senile, racist, rapist assholes with "trying" tbh

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

So serious question, do you scold a layperson like this for not voting?

https://www.themountaineagle.com/articles/speak-your-piece-688/

those deplorables should just learn to code

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

I think we should take anyone who believes that coal was "taken away" by "them" and shove them in a skills for adults class so they can learn to be functioning humans in modern society

lmao right on cue

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

blue collar jobs that aren't coal cracking exist

yes, america is just full of opportunity for blue-collar workers, especially in towns where the primary employer (coal / manufacturing / textiles / etc) up and left
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

remember the administration is not just the president. i don't care much for biden, but look at all the scum in trump's orbit. i'd hope we could get at least a few decent cabinet members

have you paid any attention to who is orbiting biden?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Oneiros posted:

have you paid any attention to who is orbiting biden?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

leave it to a bunch of computer touchers and other pmc fucks to look at coal miners, historically some of the most leftist and pro-union workers in the entire loving country, and toss them under the bus because they offend their aesthetic sensibilities

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

you deleted the rest of my answer

i left the only part of it that mattered in

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

President Beep posted:

why do you keep arguing against things that no one has said?

that's the position of the entire democratic party. at the very least it sure as gently caress was the position of the last dem candidate for president to run.

speaking of arguing against things that no one has said:

President Beep posted:

heck yeah, bring back those coal jobs!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Beamed posted:

this is literally not something anyone disagrees with. don't present the opinions of the democratic party as people who hated themselves as they checked 'x' next to biden's name. that's dumb as poo poo.

i vote to put people in positions of power but i don't actually agree with/support their stated and historical positions, that'd be stupid!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

oneiros is the guy who, when everyone in the lunch line is given the choice between a poo poo sandwich and a poo poo sandwich with a glass of water, goes back and forth smugly saying "i can't believe you're all choosing to eat poo poo!!! poo poo tastes bad, and i can't believe you don't think so!!! you must love it!!!"

i don't have a problem with the people eating poo poo because they have no choice. i have a problem with the people who think that checking the "poo poo sandwich with water" checkbox on their meal preference survey is meaningful and effective action and dump on people who suggest otherwise

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

yes, this is the one, in the sense of like cancel the B-21 bomber project and put that money towards building a giant government-run solar cell factory in west virginia. what we need is a nouveau works progress administration.

people will undoubtely pop up in a few posts to lol at how unrealistic this sort of thing would be because they are terminally depressed losers who like to poo poo on everything, but it's a valid solution.

this is actually good! yes, actually put money into building up our industrial capacity and advancing clean energy production!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

polyester concept posted:

but this isnt a typical lunch line. if not enough people choose poo poo sandwich with water, then the cafeteria is going to cheap out and nobody is gonna get water at all.

[people choose poo poo sandwich with water, the cafeteria decides that they'd rather increase their profit instead and stops serving water anyway]

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Beamed posted:

yeah this might happen. but telling people they shouldn't try for water because you, personally, don't see a way for them to get it, is also dumb! this isn't hard. you're telling people to accelerate making things worse for impacted communities, not because you think it will help those communities in the short term, but because you want to own the libs or some poo poo. and that's embarrassing!

poo poo sucks anyway. america's literally doomed

telling people that the oasis they're stumbling towards is just a mirage is not dumb

i'll be very, very happy to be proved wrong. seriously. i hope to loving god i'm wrong, because the alternative is loving depressing as hell. but i don't think biden is going to be the improvement people think he is.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Beamed posted:

if you don't align 100% with my moral take on the particular ballot on whatever my homestate is, you love joe biden and sexual assault. this is the only take that is valid.

i dont think you think this, oneiros, but this is what your posts reads as.

i would never ague that people who don't agree 100% with my choices on california's (to be specific) ballot are idiots. the drat thing is chock full with hard choices and lovely propositions that offer one-step-forward and x steps back. my final decisions have diverged significantly from multiple organizations and people whose opinions i value and i don't hold that against them at all.

i will argue that, if you've taken even a cursory glance at joe biden's history and his campaign so far this year, if you think he's a significant improvement in any way then you're a loving rube

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

this is where you're an idiot. you can't think of a single way in which biden is a significant improvement over trump? not loving one? what kind of south park bullshit is that?

biden isn't great, he isn't even really good, but he also is not a literal white supremacist calling openly for domestic terrorists to murder half the american population. jesus

i don't view the guy who obscures his white supremacists views behind bullshit as less dangerous than the guy who openly endorses it. in fact, i view him as more dangerous.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

why the gently caress are you talking about the supreme court still? it's gone. it's over. and if you're expecting the dems to do anything about it other than make some whining noises to drive campaign donations you're a loving rube.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

there will still be supreme court appointments in the future and it’d be really stupid to keep loving them up, you complete idiot.

the supreme court is lost for a generation or more already and the dems are going to do absolutely gently caress all about it

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

the last time to worry about the supreme court was back when obama was president but rbg decided that it was more important for her to keep writing dissents than to retire with a guaranteed liberal replacement

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

under a biden presidency there will definitely not be any baby jails

they'll be called "family residential centers" instead

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

President Beep posted:

ugh. loving hellworld is awful. and it has us all at each other’s throats.

oneiros, if you’re reading this, I’d like apologize for calling you a dick last night and getting all petulent. that’s not how i want to behave, especially towards people that I actually have a lot in common with ideologically.

:sigh:

no worries, i can be a colossal dick. but hey, if we can't vent in the north american hellworld containment zone 1.0 what use is it really?

Kazinsal posted:

the french came up with a solution for all this in the late 18th century but posting about that on the 'net gets you banned by the mod-cops of supposed "left" spaces out of fear of invoking three letter agencies

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i think we can all agree this is a dumb rear end probe tho

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

kitten emergency posted:

i'm pretty sure trump wasn't the one who ordered the fbi to honeypot some michigan chuds to blow up a bridge in order to ring their bell for terrorism charges

yeah, the fbi has a long history of facilitating terrorism to juice their numbers

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Monochrome posted:

anyone else vote for gloria la riva

:hfive:

debating whether to even bother checking the news tonight or to just get a good night's rest

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

infernal machines posted:

did y'all reelect trump yet? how long does this nonsense take anyway?

america is a developing country these things take time to rig

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Biden is underperforming Hildawg at this point.

Turns out that running a conservative in an attempt to pull away the republican vote is dumb as hell

dems are gonna look themselves in the mirror, take a deep breath, and tell themselves "we shoulda invited more neocons to the convention"

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

fart simpson posted:

i have finally found inner peace

whiskey sours help a lot ime

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

ive been avoiding drinking tonight and it's not easy let me tell you

sippin' a cocktail, listening to some spanish guitar, and shitposting in the cspam election thread has me in a much better mood this time 'round i have to say

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i mean, at some point my mind will probably break and the bottle of wild turkey will just disappear mysteriously but until then, chill vibes

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

WHO ARE ALL THESE ASSHOLES VOTING FOR THIS rear end in a top hat

biden told everyone who wanted better things to vote for the other guy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

current election nite status: switched to thelonious monk and manhattans

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

better do as she says or she'll prosecute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Beamed posted:

drinking so much tn