Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bump_fn posted:

the "well, actually"ness industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

infernal machines posted:

what the poo poo?

bump_fn posted:

france really loving hates muslims

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

On Wednesday he gave the French Council of the Muslim Faith (CFCM) 15 days to work with the interior ministry.

The CFCM has agreed to create a National Council of Imams, which will reportedly issue imams with official accreditation which could be withdrawn. The charter will state that Islam is a religion and not a political movement, while also prohibiting "foreign interference" in Muslim groups.

Late on Wednesday, the president and his interior minister, Gérald Darmanin, met eight CFCM leaders at the Élysée palace. "Two principles will be inscribed in black and white [in the charter]: the rejection of political Islam and any foreign interference," one source told the Le Parisien newspaper after the meeting. The formation of the National Council of Imams was also agreed upon.

President Macron has also announced new measures to tackle what he called "Islamist separatism" in France.

The measures include a wide-ranging bill that seeks to prevent radicalisation. It was unveiled on Wednesday, and includes measures such as:

Restrictions on home-schooling and harsher punishments for those who intimidate public officials on religious grounds
Giving children an identification number under the law that would be used to ensure they are attending school. Parents who break the law could face up to six months in jail as well as large fines
A ban on sharing the personal information of a person in a way that allows them to be located by people who want to harm them
"We must save our children from the clutches of the Islamists," Mr Darmanin told the Le Figaro newspaper on Wednesday. The draft law will be discussed by the French cabinet on 9 December.

In France, state secularism (laïcité) is central to the country's national identity. Freedom of expression in schools and other public spaces is part of that, and curbing it to protect the feelings of a particular religion is seen as undermining national unity.

for a country that professes the state's active disinterest in religion, they seem to be awfully invested in legislating the ways it's practised

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

qirex posted:

the trump pocket universe is shrinking until only he remains. for more information on this phenomenon please consult star trek the next generation episode s4e5 “remember me”

specifically, the part where she asks the computer "am i qualified to carry out this mission" and it says no

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

best to separate these two groups into separate parties then, so each can maintain their ideological purity

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Also Ellen is a completely loving horrible person to her underlings, which is a good give as to what sort of person she is.

well that and her whole schtick has been "ha ha gently caress you i'm rich" for long enough to confirm it's not an act

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

it's a character on the show after having a bunch of surgery to try to turn himself into a dolphin because he feels an affinity with dolphins, i believe in the same episode where his son has a bunch of surgery to turn himself black so he can play basketball better.

and now here to entertain you, the what the christ dancers

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

wow how did graph get elected

:5:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

echinopsis posted:

this inspired me to start saying fatherfucker instead of motherfucker

cocksucker became sockfucker and it is good

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

polyester concept posted:

book of mormon was pretty big and well received too though, never saw it

the LDS church here had a flyer in the program that said something like "you've seen the musical now read the book", which i thought was a balanced and mature reaction to the wantonly offensive-for-their-own-sake things that were happening on stage

dgmw the musical was good but i'm under no delusions about how many people in the audience could identify themselves and the white saviour complex as the butt of the joke, despite it being on stage with a lampshade on its head and both thumbs pointed at itself

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

fuckface kenney is going to make a big covif announcement here at 4:30, it's going to be so stupid

covifeve

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

arounds were hosed and outs were found

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

mediaphage posted:

loool outstanding

toronna said they’re going to basically go over every bylaw with a fine toothed comb to see what else they can charge the guy with too, so hopefully it sends a message

i don't run a restaurant so my sense of scale might be off, but i would gleefully let the bylaw guy fill his whole book if it means the medical officer of health does not question my restaurant's right to exist

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

President Beep posted:

m-morty! i turned myself into wine and crackers! i’m eucharist rick!!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

well they aren't sending people to gitmo anymore so local jail will just have to do

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

expat snobbery should be left to the english, as it is all they have left to cling to

except for the home children of course

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

On Wednesday he elected to have attorney Frank Walker finish the trial for him while he listened remotely from a courtroom holding cell.

how badly do you have to gently caress up to get megatron as your lawyer

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ultravoices posted:

early simpson's is from the last gasps of the monoculture.

i don't think a lot of kids are making references to googles do nothing when they have two bros in a hot tub sitting five feet apart (cause they aren't gay).

aw gently caress, i can't believe you've done this

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

President Beep posted:

a human going!

WE LIKE ROY

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

cmon frenchie, say chowdy

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

gonna follow beep to planet of the hummus

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

spend the real money on game-worn stephen yan aprons

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

in ireland, does poc mean "protestant or catholic"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

question whether you really need to be grouping people that way

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

for england, james?

no, for memes

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

President Beep posted:

yeah but does anyone do sarin for fun?

this is why your gulags keep dying

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

graph posted:

yeah, it sucks. the first two weeks also suck (i kept goldfish on hand, a fistful for cravings). i cut 90% of my habit after i moved

i'm picturing you getting a nic fit, dunking your head into the aquarium and sloshing around trying to catch a live fish

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

where hustle's the name of the game
and trump votes get washed away like the snow and the rain

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

hm, a group of people whose stated purpose is pissing off hte other side for its own sake struggles to name any good they've done in the world

Weed smells good as gently caress and the smell tells me someone nearby is having a good time.

Cigarette smoke tells me someone's Budweiser uncle just came through and he's ready to fight.

this

e: nah

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 2, 2020

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

graph posted:

all of those people are probably very comfortable so have this too

https://twitter.com/hilaryagro/status/1333770864383434758

use promo code SANTA for a 2% match donation on your next gofundme campaign

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

but was the juggalo influence in and if itself bad or was it largely improving on a population likely to be into some really bad ideas due to other movements and cultural currents?

"accept and welcome everyone you meet here, make sure everyone's having a good time, and spray sugar pop on things instead of drinking it" is a message more people could use to hear

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I went to see Mac Sabbath, the McDonald's themed Black Sabbath band, so I have no leeway to make fun of anyone's music taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx3g-0yalV0

gwarby's

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

qirex posted:

the real thing and angel dust albums have amazing production

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

watch now as I test how much off you can gently caress

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

the first time I heard mother i just stood and stared at the speaker, it was like hey dumbfuck there's a story and an album behind the rfus

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

imagine four years of a country at the edge of a cliff

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

if i never hear the phrase "middle-class" again it'll be too soon

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

if oop has taught me anything it's that you should call an object by its class and not by its creation time

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

I mean, even zoomers hate on millennials for the ridiculous amount of learned helplessness that is so prevalent in that age cohort.

"why didn't they teach me to do taxes"

the 1040 is two pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

i was in 5th grade in 2001

that's okay not everyone succeeds on their fourth try