Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ll never vote in north america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
1 mil kiwis already voted and election next week!

not me tho i have not yet decided how imma vote on legalising lethal doses of cannajuana

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what if people said “white lives occasionally matter”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Who the gently caress names their kid cannon

it’s the 1800s version of hunter

these days we have sam

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

my child is named coolpix

calling my next kid arm mac book pro

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

that photo is absolutely going to be in every history textbook that covers this time period

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

al gore was p legit about climate change and 2000 wasnt too late

too bad 2020 is, p much

lol america’s idea of going green is selling their oil to china to burn it and generate power to send to america in AA batteries

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

im not judging im just confused are you not voting, voting for trump, or for independent? or private info.

also did you watch the end of inglorious basterds yet? if you dont like nazis you WILL enjoy it (unless you dont like seeing nazis get their commupance)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

wait this isn't the drinking thread

they all are if you're drunk

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3907081

:chanpop:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sweet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

i think "but you have the freedom to choose your provider!" is the biggest :jerkbag: argument against uhc

what I think is so odd is that the concept of health insurance is so deeply ingrained in the american psyche that people think universal health care means that everyone gets “free” health insurance from the govt or something

rather than just not needing health insurance at all because most poo poo just has no charge

well over here anyway hospital poo poo is free. not parking tho. drugs are cheap and general practitioners are not heinously expensive

health insurance still exists tho because you may want to choose to pay for better service, better rooms etc. boob jobs. shorter wait lists

i have health insurance and honestly i should ditch it once i get my wisdom teeth (i call em whizzers for short) out

still even better would be if i died

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’d read an effort post on hogs tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mate that just means you’re made out of gas

nah but good poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i don’t really know who to vote for everyone sucks, every single party is more than happy for the destruction of my industry to occur and none seem to want to do anything about killing landlords

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

carry on then posted:

imagine being single in 2020

like, imagine being that much of a loving failure, and now the universe is literally reaching out and punishing you with a level of isolation usually only reserved for the most deranged criminals

good

poo poo you’re a miserable oval office take some of your own advice and uncolonise yourself - aka take your colon out. and live to tell the tail ( because you made it into a tail behind you )

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thinking about tom morellos arm the homeless guitar

and how in 2020 millions of chuds are discovering that secret that rage against the machine have liberal political leanings and denouncing them for bringing politics into their music

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
every day I wake up and chuck on bombtrack and right there and then I sing all the words every day and every time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
god that’s the best album from the 90s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

makes me so fuckin mad all the kiwis that were like “we can’t afford to lock down it’ll ruin the economy”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dude I don’t think I knew that. I’m sorry to hear. your stories about how alcohol destroyed his life stay with me. love to ya

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the conservatives here have made it really hard to receive any money they perceive as "under the table" when you're on disability

perhaps you are in need of a rodtronics tshirt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

I'm gonna get the flu shot this year to own the chuds

staying alive to own the chuds

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tbf chuds do poo poo like get asbestosis to own the libs so its only fair you fight back by reducing your chance of a serious respiratory illness

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pretty sure he died

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

the demographic that might piss me off the most are the idiots who voted for trump in 2016 but have been so appalled by his behavior over the last four years that they aren't voting for him this time.

motherfucker, anyone with a brain knew this is how it was gonna be.

double down on his greasy shits or don’t even play the game imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when someone says “this is the pits”, I mean it’s clear they mean it’s poo poo but didn’t realise it’s because they were referring to one of the many pitssburghs in america. it’s a stupid fuckin name how come there is more than 1

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

leave us alone, dumb northern hemisphere media personalities

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertai...M2N2V7UGCFJZZ4/

Covid 19 coronavirus: Fox News host Laura Ingraham attacks New Zealand Covid response

A right-wing television host in the US has spread misinformation about New Zealand's response to the Covid-19 pandemic, sharing an old clip of Jacinda Ardern and claiming the Government is "throwing people into quarantine camps".

Laura Ingraham, host of Fox News' The Ingraham Angle, made the claims on her show yesterday, joining a growing number of right-wing pundits overseas who are casting New Zealand's response as a threat to freedom.

"The American left and their media poodles have long held up New Zealand as the model for how to properly deal with a lot of things, including Covid, but anyone who loves freedom should take note because the Kiwis have a terrifying new response to rising Covid case numbers," Ingraham said.

"They're throwing people into quarantine camps."

cracks me up. they show a video of our prime minister saying, you stay 14 days in quarantine, and if you refuse the test, guess what, another 14 days. truly facist methodology

and they're also saying we've only had 25 deaths, basically, its not enough deaths

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Oct 29, 2020

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it is disturbing when I read twitter though how completely out of context and out their mind people are about this

and they've turned me. it's now clear our rights are hosed. I can't believe i'm not allowed to drive drunk.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jesus didn’t want to gently caress mcdonald trump
only have him lead the nation

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

how has this not occurred to me yet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i belong to a the national oharmacy facebook group and to stir poo poo posted this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

My sister in law is a trainee doctor person and she is genuinely concerned that she could be asked to kill her patients.

it’s not like it’s just a free for all all of a sudden. pretty sure you have to be dying and suffering from your miserable slow death

i’m disturbed that I won’t be able to sell weed over the counter

Kazinsal posted:

"yeah I'm here to pick up my prescription of 500 mg of generic Killufast"

a 1g fentanyl patch should take care of most people peacefully :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
medicine is hosed up

so this dude who is a farmer and he’s nice but uneducated was asking if there was a drug they could give his dad to bring back his personality that he lost after having a stroke

kinda said that well, left to his own devices he would have died. modern medicine saved his life, and this is life that is left.

you don’t have to be in the game for long to discover that longer life is not higher quality of life, and that helping people live, if taken to the extreme, may just be extending someone’s suffering

plus they’re doctors. they all have huge responsibility all the time. and they get paid well for it. it’s not an easy job. at least that shows she cares. the GP across the road from my work is just coasting now.

ya know if a doctor prescribes all the wrong things and misses things etc and i pick up all his errors and etc, there’s no repurcussion? it just doesn’t matter. i don’t mind being a safety net but i’m not a fuckin proof reader. yet he earns all the dollars, patients complain that he spends the consults talking about himself and his hard life.

ya know he’s an ordinary white kiwi.. who at some stage in his life while being a doctor converted to islam

would love to ask him, a person well educated in science and medical science, what the gently caress he found
so compelling in loving islam. not all religions are made equal and that one is the fuckin worst. how the hell do you look at it and the culture it produces and decide “yep that’s what I need more of in my life”. he married a muslim woman maybe he just converted coz she’s got a platinum snatch idk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

as a doctor-adjacent person have you not like encountered muslim doctors before? there are more muslim doctors in america than any other single religion

never a white born in nz one no

it’s not the muslim part that is odd, it’s the converting to islam after being educated in a science based field that strikes me as odd

if any person from any background, after studying science, converted to christianity, I would also think that was loving disturbing.

Sagebrush posted:

did you know echi that when you say "the culture [islam] produces" you're ganging up 1.8 billion people across the entirety of africa, asia, the indian subcontinent, and indonesia (plus the diaspora in the western world of course) and suggesting their practices are all indistinguishable to you (and "the fuckin worst")

just, like, checking

I suppose I should have been a bit more specific and said something about certain parts largely
common amongst the culture that surrounds islam, my intention was that at least, not lumping all their cultures together, certainly wasn’t what I was referring to.

but the sexism and homophobia and lack of human rights and death threats toward apostates and aggressive anti semitism.: it would take a special kind of fool to try to argue that those things are just coincident in those cultures and not a direct result of their iron age religion

thankfully some people break free. ex muslims are the best, and the disdain they hold for islam is something we can all learn from (this is true of all
apostates)

Kazinsal posted:

it's time for the drunk echi racism variety hour

today I learned that islam is a race

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
christianity is real hosed up and things like the crusades and etc are evidence that it can bring true evil on the world and it’s not really bad to say that there are homophobic and sexist elements common to the cultures surrounding christianity and that these are bad and that christianity plays a large part in this.

and
in fact, it’s far more insulting to the cultures in largely islam nations to say their anti trans homophobic antisemetic stances are a result of the humans and the inherent culture, rather than the religion common to them.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I’m not going to say some of my best friends are Muslim’s, or claim to know the religion enough to speak in their defence. but I sure have worked with a lot of them. loving hell man, it’s been just over a year

and I know personally some people that were there.

it’s not the people, not one bit

I know loads of people on the methadone program. have a lot of empathy and care for them. doesn’t mean I have to think opioids are all good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also the animal has to die due to loss of blood. if you accidentally killed the animal with a bolt thru its neck it would not be halal

it’s called exsanguination

in western nations, due to our preference of not wishing an animal to die in that way, it’s common to knock the animal unconscious before this happens, so the animal doesn’t have to actually experience exsanguination first hand. but that still has to be the mechanism of death