Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SmokaDustbowl posted:

americans should shoot back

scroll up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

so how many days until she's in

how far away is monday

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

he did the mooch scoochin boogie and got outta there

Lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

maine has ranked choice voting for prez this year. not that it matters for this election, but if you other states could get your poo poo together that would be great.

we have a switch to ranked choice voting on the ballot but i do have to see which elections it covers,

still, mashin' that yes on 2

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

psiox posted:

i too make sure that the gravitational center of my worldview is twitter, a company

you're trying too hard

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would say vote to fix the two party system but lmao

voting for rcv on my ballot

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Blinkz0rz posted:

100 percent correct

now stop shouting into the void and go organize

deep irony in this post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kitten emergency posted:

i thought this was the thread where we could laugh at dead chuds, i feel like i've been lied to

no that loss is hilarious and it can stay

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Blinkz0rz posted:

this is all entirely true but the too cool for school act is just kinda sad

like what good is it to point out how far to the right of decent the dem party is?

it's better than not pointing it out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Blinkz0rz posted:

this thread sucks because no one iit is wrong about the problems but the only way to actually solve any of them is through long protracted struggle which is entirely at odds with the way american society is structured

this thread sucks because you’re telling people to stop posting in it because qqqqq

everyone here knows that posting in the yospos hell world venting thread doesn’t actually enact real world change

but sometimes people want to vent

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

kitten emergency posted:

the people killing the world have names and addresses

and yeah that’s enough on this vector

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Nomnom Cookie posted:

funny how the only methods of challenging capitalism that are legal to discuss are the ones that don’t work

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Beamed posted:

lol i hate to defend blinkzorz, a ton, but the idea that it's gonna be enforced to say "nothing at all can be done about this, except playing in Minecraft" by IKs/mods is loving hilarious

i mean we can’t really allow direct calls for violence

providing ideas or resources for folks who want to organize is fine, but also know that doing it on a public forum isn’t that great of an idea, especially if you’re suggesting things that might draw legal attention to yourself. there’s safer places to do that

qqing at people venting that they should just be taking actions instead isn’t the point of this thread

and again, funny how the only legal things to discuss are the ones that don’t work

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

i will not kiss the men because it is easy, but because i am hard.

beeeeeeeep

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush posted:

I think you had an opportunity to say "because they are easy" here

are you implying beep pulled a boner

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ADINSX posted:

I mean, is it? The military accounts for about half of our discretionary spending, a smaller federal government would by definition mean an end to that. They seem pretty happy with the current arrangement: A country that does little to nothing in the way of services of its citizens, with a strong, expensive military (with plenty of contracts for themselves and their buddies) and a police state mentality. If they had any intention of letting any of the states "go" don't you think they'd be encouraging the blue ones to leave? That'd be 55 solid blue electoral college votes they'd never have to worry about again.

I don't think any political party really represents what I'm describing, the GOP (in theory) wants a small federal government but it also wants small city and state governments, I'm not advocating that, I'm saying that the Seattle MSA region should have way more control over the tax revenue of the people that live here... Homelessness has exploded here in the past 5 years to the point where people are building hovervilles with actual wooden structures and foundations. I don't want to live in a "Homeless friendly city like Seattle" as the article puts it... I want to live in a city that actively has eliminated homelessness. Is Biden going to help with that? Are we gonna have to beg for our money back to help with that?

historically, governments react extremely well to the populace ceasing to pay taxes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ADINSX posted:

I know Trump says insane bullshit on a daily basis, but what do you think would happen if instead of a 2-1 decision to strike down these types of attempts to cut federal funding from cities, it was a 2-1 (or 3-0) decision for? Also, the guy pushing for this insane bullshit is appointing the judges.

Seattle was deemed an "Anarchist City" in part because of our (pretty tame) effort to defund the police department... during a budget crunch where literally everything is going to have to take a cut. I don't even know if the latest effort to cut federal funding has made it to a court, the article just says that this similar case was blocked... maybe they'll change their minds this time!

So anyway, what if that were ruled permissible, would the judge also say you don't have to pay taxes? At the risk of sounding like one of those "ALL TAXATION IS THEFT" guys, its sort of hard to think about it any other way, where most of our tax money literally cannot be sent back to us, like some sort of occupied territory.

if the decision goes the other way? then PDX loses federal funding due to being "out of compliance" or whatever. Same legal mechanism to enforce nationwide 21 for booze.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

and their operating systems are pieces of poo poo.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

Yep, bang on.

:tizzy:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Americans have been getting wrecked by partisanship existing since george Washington

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

yospos_reacting_to_schadenboner.mp4

lmao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i love the goon tendency of some dipshit taking a post in the worst interpretation possible and then a bunch of others dog piling onto it because no one is capable of thinking

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ShadowHawk posted:

It's cause I care about 290 and similarly awful things do happen regularly to everymans

If it's an ESPP though (or RSUs) you should also be selling those as soon as you're allowed, for exactly the same reason. Either Jonny makes a lot more in stock than I thought or he's got several years of ESPP tied up in there.

have you seen fastly’s stock price over the past 6mo/1yr time period

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i can’t focus on poo poo at my job today

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ShadowHawk posted:

If you've got a ton of inside information that your company is undervalued then maybe it's worth holding onto a bit more than you would otherwise

But even with extra information purposefully leaving more than 5-10% of your retirement savings in a single stock isn't investing, it's crazy reckless gambling

:cripes:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao that sure was a meltdown huh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

“mods asleep” doesn’t imply “post islamophbia” for gently caress’s sake

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i don’t care if it was funny 20 years ago

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

we have ranked-choice voting on the ballot here in MA but it won't apply to presidential elections, lol

it's still an instant-yes-vote tho

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

skipped 200+ posts are we dead yet

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i voted for rms

this is disgusting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

my ex just called me asking for my help buying a gun, but on the other hand, i have shells 'n cheese and shake 'n bake pork chops cooking. so nobody can say if election night is good or not

shotgun full of cheese lmfao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

carry on then posted:

lmao if you think you've seen what a chud owned america will look like

after tonight, they will OWN this country and everything in it. good luck not getting shot at the chud checkpoints

go on, explain your reasoning

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

carry on then posted:

this is starting to look less like 2016 and more like 84

you're delusional

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cool

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1324710866516905984?s=20

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PIZZA.BAT posted:

like loving clockwork

the debt doesn’t matter but explaining why this is true is counterintuitive and non sound bite friendly so rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PIZZA.BAT posted:

they know this

sure, but unless you can get the actual population to know this, :rip: