Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think it mean?
This poll is closed.
"Shut up, you attempt at a rooster! I liked you better when you were quiet!" 3 10.71%
"Shut up, you adherent of Kenny Roger's Roasters! I liked that episode of Seinfeld!" 5 17.86%
"Shut up, you incompetent rouster! We've changed time periods in the middle of the game." 4 14.29%
"Shut up, you incel losers, I loving don't care about Goku." 11 39.29%
Other 5 17.86%
Total: 16 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Hello, I'm Fleta, and sometimes I get paid to fix video game scripts.

It is a beautiful Sunday morning and I am inside working. Hooray! Best of all, my boss panicked because he's behind and sent me a script that hadn't undergone any proofreading. While this is fine and even better than getting one that's been "proofread" (because then I have to identify and delete every reference to memes or anime I can find, because my boss doesn't know them and his "writing team" consists of two incels who spend all their time doing animes)...well, there are some hiccups.

I present, with no context, the following sentence I am expected to "fix and make not poo poo":

script posted:

Shut up you intent of a rostear I'd like you better when you were quite.

Okay, so this isn't the worst one I've ever seen. Clearly, the second half of the sentence is meant to be "I liked you better when you were quiet." However, I have exactly zero clue what the rest of the sentence means.

Goons, what do you think it means? Any ideas are better than what I'm coming up with. They are the poll options.

Possible clues:
- I can't explain the story, but I can say that this line was spoken by [the broad concept of] God.
- "rostear" might mean "rooster"
- "God" is speaking to, shall we say, a gentleman who greatly enjoys rural pursuits and the political beliefs typically associated with his race, gender, and social class.
- Someone may or may not have exploded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

UltraRed posted:

You crow like a rooster, shut up.

Ohhhh that might actually be valid, thank you for the legit idea!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

"shut up you intent of a rostear" is gen z slang for "may i kindly suck you off"

If God was Gen Z then everyone in America could still do their TikTok dances!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I made a typo in the poll title. I am no better than he is!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Flannelette posted:

What language did it start as?

This is what happens when he writes in English and he's rushing. His primary language is Spanish, more or less. English is his third and this is not representative of his abilities, but the dude works 13 hours a day every day and it falls apart sometimes.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

inkmoth posted:

If we assume rostear is a rooster / cock, then perhaps the intent of a rostear is to gently caress

or just write about secretions of the cock and see what they say if you submit that as a translation

Unfortunately, due to our rating, I don't think that's it.

HOWEVER

Maybe God was calling the guy a cock and they didn't think God would say "cock"? But that's a goddamn terrible line that I'd rewrite anyways, so I refuse to accept it.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 27, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Xaintrailles posted:

I believe he's being called a "wannabe cuck."

Please do not make me explain this. I already had to explain why it's not appropriate for a female character to call herself a grenade.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

OP massive noob who vouldn't suss out rooster. Report and destroy via steam press.

WHAT IS THIS INTENT

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

What is the intent of a rooster? To peck the brains of intellectual noobs.

I'd like you better when you're not quite :unsmith:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Okay, so let's pretend we are white guys in college in the mid-2000s.

I have been told, in that scenario, that one is frequently in a situation where you meet two girls at a bar. They are friends. One is very attractive and the other is not.

By the laws of 2000s male-hood, an unattractive woman will convince her friend not to leave for sex because she is not attractive and therefore a bitter hag. The attractive woman has no agency and apparently will stand there twanging her clitoris like a banjo, or whatever it is beautiful and stupid women do in the minds of men.

Your buddy, being your buddy, knows what to do. He seduces the ugly girl so you have a "clear path" to the hottie. He throws himself on a grenade.

Anyways, it was very awkward because the character in question was positively describing herself as a grenade, and I had to explain why that sounded weird.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The Management posted:

This is a hell of a stretch

Hey, I didn't invent this phrase, sorry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Flowers for QAnon posted:

This was immortalized in the “Jersey Shore” MTV show and introduced much of the world to the term. I deleted the weird nonsense you added.

I don't believe I have to like sexist terms, and I feel that I have the right to respond to them with derision. You're rude, you're weird, and your contribution is not appreciated.