Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was a snide and snippy post even if it wasnt meant to be mocking someone getting a death threat which given their previous snide/snippy post about horny posting getting them a probation they should have already known this wasnt the place for that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It seems like I shouldn't have shared my thoughts and I apologize.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
"is there an update on this?"

There I managed to achieve the same thing Seth wanted to without getting probated.

I know there's frustration about the moderation in here (I've been a critic about not doing enough multiple times in these threads), but coming in trying to dunk on them is gonna achieve gently caress all. My goal is for mods to actually use their buttons and handle repeatedly problem posters, that ain't gonna be best achieved by open warfare

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yes, Seth Rollins' probation was due to him trying to use the thread to be a dick. It was about a particularly bad and serious topic and warranted a stiffer probation length than a day which, as noted, is the longest probation that can be automatically given by a moderator before an admin needs to approve it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Can I get your thoughts on if the posts here created an environment that enabled someone to send a death threat they otherwise wouldn’t have?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I do not for a single second believe that anybody's posting here justified or caused anybody to send a death threat. Whoever did that has absolutely zero excuse to have done so, no reason can justify them doing it, and the fact that at no point through the process did they stop and think,"Maybe what I am doing here is a stupid, gross and disgusting thing to do" is a pure indictment on them and nobody else.

This is a forum for posting about wrestling, MMA, grappling, sumo etc. We come here to watch it, talk about it, shoot the poo poo and have some fun. That anybody could think anything said or done here justifies tracking down somebody's offsite details and sending them a threatening message is beyond pathetic and is utterly inexcusable. It's not an environment or a situation or a tale with two sides, it's one person being a gigantic piece of poo poo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

Can I get your thoughts on if the posts here created an environment that enabled someone to send a death threat they otherwise wouldn’t have?

im thinking it was probably The Other Forum on here that he frequents that by coincidence seems to have to regularly ban users for posting death threats

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

im thinking it was probably The Other Forum on here that he frequents that by coincidence seems to have to regularly ban users for posting death threats

Let's not start speculating about whether it was people in other subforums who did it, that's outside the scope of this thread and this sub and is pure guesswork since none of us were directly involved. CJ2 believes it was most likely somebody from here as this was where they said they were experiencing hostility from before the message came through to them, and I don't see any value in instead trying to post about why other subs might have done it instead. If it was nobody from here who did it, then that's great. If it was, they know who they were and I can only hope they feel even the slightest level of remorse or regret for doing it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

I know there's frustration about the moderation in here (I've been a critic about not doing enough multiple times in these threads), but coming in trying to dunk on them is gonna achieve gently caress all. My goal is for mods to actually use their buttons and handle repeatedly problem posters, that ain't gonna be best achieved by open warfare

Definitely this. Hopefully we can make actual progress without it just being 'say something lovely and get a sixer' time for people already frustrated. Not that I don't understand both sides, but lets meet in the middle and get some real poo poo done.

Breaking the cycle of 'we're listening, tell us how to fix it' and 'doesn't matter, nothing is going to change' has to start somewhere and maybe we're well on our way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

For anybody who hasn't seen the announcement update: the sale is final, Lowtax no longer owns SomethingAwful.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

For anybody who hasn't seen the announcement update: the sale is final, Lowtax no longer owns SomethingAwful.

Very good news, I wish the new ownership the best.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Hell yes.

gently caress you Lowtax

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

gently caress lowtax

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_8WJzhsow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Handy stuff! Particularly for those of you who don't want the old donation tags under your avatars anymore.

astral posted:

:siren: In celebration of Jeffrey of YOSPOS's recent forums purchase: :siren:

• Donation tags can now be toggled off! Visit your user control panel's "Edit Options" page if you want to hide your donation tag.
  • Private Messages now offer a 'preview' button.
  • The "Search Thread" box is back so you don't have to remember arcane magicks to look for something in a specific thread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress Lowtax lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Even outside of all that drama, people were begging Lowtax to fix the search function for almost as long as I've been here he kept saying "Can't be done!"

Within a couple hours of Jeffery being owner, search function is fixed lmao

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what a sack of poo poo lowtax is lying about something as simple as a search function for his site

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Even outside of all that drama, people were begging Lowtax to fix the search function for almost as long as I've been here he kept saying "Can't be done!"

Within a couple hours of Jeffery being owner, search function is fixed lmao

It was fixed multiple times but then various issues would make it break. I don't really blame Lowtax, a guy I doubt who is very good at coding, to not know how to fix it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Even discounting everything else Lowtax was a lovely absentee landlord who clearly stopped seeing SA as anything besides a cash cow a long-rear end time ago, so it's entirely plausible that he'd just not give a poo poo about fixing anything broken.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its real hosed up seeing a search bar at the top of the threads now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mekchu posted:

It was fixed multiple times but then various issues would make it break. I don't really blame Lowtax, a guy I doubt who is very good at coding, to not know how to fix it.

A lot of the technical stuff happening now is down to astral being given the ability to look under the hood. I don't understand most of the magic they do, but that little search bar is a Godsend and I deeply appreciate how much interest they take in working on the site's various idiosyncrasies.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Wrestling related, and feedback related. I want The Rock to buy Something Awful, just like he did the XFL.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Great news. Maybe I'll actually get plat now!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Wrestling related, and feedback related. I want The Rock to buy Something Awful, just like he did the XFL.

Well listen here Jeffrey, you jabroni, I'm afraid that while the contract does read "of YOSPOS"...

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Malcolm Excellent posted:

turns out all those years ago, the crowd was actually changing BUY ROCKY BUY!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Congrats to the current mod team who will never again have to deal with Tax disappearing for years at a time. Only for him to then show up again - claim he wants changes - demod random people - make some rando he hired for his Missouri office an admin - and then disappear again.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

In the thread where he came back to post after promising he would never come back to post until SA collectively apologized for hurting his feelings, I invited Lowtax to meet me in a truck stop halfway between our houses and suck on my rear end with a crazy straw.

He shortly thereafter PMed me actually wanting to meet up.

Richard The Dick Formerly Known As Lowtax Kyanka legitimately wanted to meet me in a Missouri I-70 truck stop to suck on my rear end hole and/or cheeks through a silly straw, probably for sexual gratification. Now that the sale is finalized I feel like I can share this without causing problems somehow. It feels good to get this off my chest and share with others in case they too went through this, so know you are not alone. We are safe now and we are strong

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he's too big a coward but i want him to come back and try to post somewhere then meltdown and get perma'd. the cherry on the sundae.

gently caress off rich!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I would assume that he wanted to become friends with an internet-styled person. Having a friend who gets you is an important step toward happiness.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey you know how there's a vbulletin link at the bottom of each page? Did you know it actually links through to a changelog of recent forum upgrades/changes that astral and/or Jeffrey have been making? Because I didn't! Really handy way to keep track of a lot of the great stuff that they've been working on, including the ability to ignore PMs from users which is an option people have been asking about for years.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Very cool to hear that the literal Nazi collaborator has made some minor improvements to the site.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is that a reference to working with the "undercover discord" guy and having him take 100% of the blame or something else?

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 12, 2020

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah i'm kinda lost on that.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I’ll guess the fyad debacle for this pointless drive by nazi call out

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Well, there also was that time when they had a literal Nazi as a mod in D&D and they bought the dumbest possible excuse for why he was hanging out with other Nazis.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alright, the news of Lowtax's sale was significant enough to post about in here, but this isn't a thread to talk poo poo about other admins/wider forums crap. This thread is back to only on-topic discussion of FIGHT ISLAND rules/moderation.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I know that I've said this before, and I think it counts as forum specific content, but when people make posts like that can they please just say who/what it is that they're talking about? It is very useful to those who aren't that interested in forum politics but also want to steer clear of kiddie diddlers or whatever.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I know that I've said this before, and I think it counts as forum specific content, but when people make posts like that can they please just say who/what it is that they're talking about? It is very useful to those who aren't that interested in forum politics but also want to steer clear of kiddie diddlers or whatever.

I agree with this please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonna just assume the drive by Nazi accuser has a bigger probation queued up for admin approval, because lmfao if not