Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if you're making jokes that make you step back and wonder "am I being too racist" i would advise not making those jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Paper Lion posted:

Why was Seth Rollins given 2 Ramping Probations® for the same post? I am confused. Death threats are bad. I want to post peacefully with all the friends on this forum.

mods can only give one day probations max without admin approval and seth rollins concern trolling for like the third time in this two page thread was considered worth a longer one

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think it should be probatable but in this feedback thread i think going 'y'all should find some better jokes especially ones that don't take up full pages of threads' is decent feedback

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wasn't the audio on the cole vid not even originally for that video

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
does cavauro actually care about the probation from july that you're bringing up in october

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Critical posted:

i feel like i only started seeing that nitwit in this subforum this week, if so congrats all around for breaking him so efficiently if that's the case

i only bring this up because it's real funny but their first probation was for saying a wrestler in nazi gear was hot and then they got probated at least two more times for getting mad that they were probated for calling the nazi gear hot

so be glad you missed them

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think probation avs override ban avs

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
personally i think people should be discouraged from posting their thoughts on animal genitals on SA

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's only a bad reason if you intentionally misunderstand what the mod meant

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
a thread for cool old archival stuff would be nice, especially if it also covers stuff like obscure old indie matches

most of the more specific threads usually end up talking about current events

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think it's dumb but i also think pretending people posting about it are doing it to be secret bigots themselves is also real dumb

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't know exactly what the reasoning is behind it, but it would've been nice to see an announcement or something about posting about posters getting a much more severe punishment here than in other places on sa

like i'm not going to argue about getting bopped for it and it's probably better for the subforum in general if people stop posting about posters so often, but when people are getting sixers elsewhere it feels a bit strange to see people get hit for a day/three days/an entire week for it here (especially without a mod warning, unless i entirely missed it)

that's it that's my feedback

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i posted a while back about how i felt the problem with the wrestlethreads was that a lot of people were just posting dumb poo poo that they didn't actually believe because they thought it'd be a funny bit and kept running it into the ground way too far after it stopped being remotely funny + making it hard to talk about stuff for real because it'd just start getting weighed down by disingenuous stuff. i think things are getting better on that front even though there's still a bunch of shitposting, and i'm happy that a bunch of people that frustrated me before have made that shift (on their own, ofc)

i appreciate people confronting bad/terrible posting directly, even if they can be abrasive, but that's taking into consideration a bit of a vaccuum in terms of active moderation (when they're not doing things like bopping me for a day for saying the incredibly cutting 'can't believe this person is being weird about wrestlers again'). i don't know who in the world could get mad at yea ok or massrafter and i hope lid gets a better handle on whatever tear they've been on over the last few days

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
my feelings on 'you can't be critical of aew in the aew threads' is that you absolutely can, but there's oftentimes people coming in with criticisms that come across as either extremely picky or patently false & it's really tiring to have pushback on those criticisms for those reasons met with 'geez, it's okay for someone to say something negative about the show' or 'you don't HAVE to defend a millionaire' or similar. people can genuinely disagree with you without being a crazy fan or w/e

I understand people feeling like they're coming into a thread and disliking people disagreeing with them, but sometimes people say things that feel like they didn't even watch the show they're griping about and in aggregate it's really exhausting

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SamuraiFoochs posted:

[...]
I'm not saying people don't nitpick, but also don't sit there and tell me the opposite doesn't also doesn't happen because it 100% does.

you really shouldn't be taking my post as saying the opposite never happens and having that as your main takeaway is kind of part of the problem? i even say in my post that people absolutely are allowed to be critical of aew, and straight-up i personally think max used to get edgier than he should've so i agree with you on that point. getting aggro at me because you think i'm denigrating people with valid complaints isn't helpful, especially when my post is explicitly not about them

like, i didn't want to bring up specific examples because i felt like it was fine as a generalization, but i'm talking about people saying stuff like 'this guy could barely move in the ring and was a waste of a hire' when he did a standing leapfrog in the middle of the match, or 'it sucks that aew didn't say anything about cm punk's injury on the show' when there was an entire segment dedicated to him coming out, talking about the injury, and explaining that there'd be a challenge for the interim title (for two recent things on top of my memory, but it feels like it happens multiple times a week). it's hard to treat stuff like that on face value when it just feels so baseless, you know? how do you treat a criticism in 100% good faith if it feels like the criticism is coming from a universe where the show they watched was not the show you watched, and how do you respond when they get mad at you for saying something along those lines

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

dromal phrenia posted:

Yeah I'll cop to posting the white noise "crowd is dead" shitpost sometimes but that stems from people repeatedly saying it when crowds were visibly on their feet and audibly loud, that's why it became a catchphrase. Some criticisms have been really baffling, like the person is watching an entirely different show or accidentally hit mute or something.

this is a genuinely good example too. back before it became a meme you'd see people posting about how little the audience gave a poo poo about a match or some wrestlers and the match itself would have people on their feet, reacting loudly, and chanting for people. it'd be a little more reasonable if it was 'the people on SA didn't give a poo poo' b/c lord knows there's a dozen wrestlers hugely over with the crowd that people on sa want gone and say they don't understand why they're still on TV. it just grates when it feels like people have to be actively ignoring chunks of the show to post their complaints, and it's definitely part of why i felt people were being disingenuous on purpose

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
from earlier posts i think at least a small part of it is that lividliquid thinks that the max caster trump dunk continuing to be in the aew thread ops is a dunk on them specifically and not just a thing that made people laugh once in a sea of things that were also funny once. getting that av bought for them was a lovely move and something they took real personally + seeing a reminder of that i can empathize about it continuing to feel fresh

idk

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
fwiw i remember the bad bunny stuff getting into some rough territory in terms of doubling down on being dismissive of his success because it was "only" in spanish-speaking areas and probably would've asked people to re-evaluate that position if i was feeling punchy at the time

Mekchu posted:

When people asked "why don't you assume everyone is engaging in good faith discussion" this post calling me a racist because I disagree with what this poster has to say is a good example of why.

Piss off.

i don't think the response to lividliquid not singling specific people out in that post should be 'they are calling every single person reading that post racist and bigoted' and i think this is a pretty lovely way to respond to someone who is very clearly saying what they genuinely feel

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah that's a very good post SDS and i think you should post more in general

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

karmicknight posted:

So, there was a report calling out a joke that spermgod made in the ROH thread as being a dick. At first I looked at it and said, "oh this is a kind of dumb, dickish joke, but it's also its clearly a joke" then I read a post they made 40 minutes later in a different thread (the one quoted) where they are clearly still either thinking the exact same dickish joke is the height of comedy, or they are really just being a dick.

what is this first post because that second one doesn't read like a joke or being a dick at all

certainly not severely more of a dick than people have been about gresham (and other wrestlers) recently

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The_Rob posted:

So we’re only allowed to make one joke per thread?

no, because the probation was apparently for saying the same thing in a different thread over a half hour later

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think it was a great post but also i think that when there's like five threads all talking about the same thing at once it's reasonable to forget you made a post in a different one before

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

karmicknight posted:

Am I crazy for not thinking 18 hours is particularly long.

i think anything over the minimum 6h needs more of a reason than 'kind of dickish' but it is less than the day i got for saying another poster was being weird so i might be biased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as another point of comparison for probe length, one of the most recent probations in the colony is a 6h for being antisemitic