Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Speaking Out thread had a long discussion on horny posting, I won't repeat many of the same points but it's worth taking your time to read through https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928394&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Davros1 posted:

I once got a sixer for posting an Anna Jay tweet, so it'd be good to know.

You posted a picture of Anna Jay in a bikini while responding to someone saying "welcome to the HORNY ZONE," it doesn't take a genius to read that as super creepy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

NienNunb posted:

There are a sizable number of posters who absolutely agree with that post, some of whom have posted in this very thread :birdthunk:

And those people smartly don't open their mouths about it on this subforum because it has fuckall to do with pro wrestling or combat sports

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

CommonShore posted:

punk rear end spurious reports should be more probatable than standalone gimmick posts. It's poo poo like that which makes moderating hard.

e. and there should be a name and shame on it too

It can't be understated what a terrible idea this is

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
To honor a great puro tradition, Fight Island splits off into its own vanity forum with the mods booking themselves on top

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rowdy Ringsports was good, rolled off the tongue nicely

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Clearly the only peaceful solution is to bring back the Pisscast

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The next time an obvious rereg comes in and immediately starts making GBS threads up every thread and dragging out personal grudges, maybe bypass the "ramping" system and nip this poo poo in the bud. What's happening in the NJPW thread is unacceptable and should've never been allowed to escalate to that point.

Benne fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jun 8, 2021

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I guess I should weigh in since some of my posts were a catalyst for this whole thing.

My ChocoPro takes were and still are genuine and this is after I gave it a long and honest chance, I just find it a brutally unfunny promotion with bad wrestling and worse production values. But I was never going to Kramer into the ChocoPro thread and piss all over everybody's cornflakes, that's not my style and I dislike it when other people do that. So I left my opinions to myself and never read the thread, just let people enjoy their poo poo. If that makes me a "coward" for only giving my takes in the other subforum thread specifically designed to let people air random hot takes they wouldn't make in the regular wrestling forum, then whatever.

This all could've been easily ignored, but when you bring that poo poo into the Chris Regal thread in a lame attempt at a dunk, you're making it A Thing and stirring up even more needless drama. And you're not helping this subforum's reputation of being overly defensive babies.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah I just wanted to get my stance out there and I'm ready to move on. EMF is the one who called their fans perverts so they can take all the heat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The VoW Discord has a similar channel for posting bad/funny takes, except there's a rule it must be established media people or otherwise have an influential platform, not just random Twitter eggs and obvious troll accounts.

I don't know if we need a hard-and-fast rule like that, but at least take the effort to be selective about what you post in the thread. Otherwise you just turn into Dave Meltzer quote-tweeting 3-follower accounts and making GBS threads up everyone else's timelines.

Benne fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 23, 2021

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Literally why did anyone think that thread would be a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember when the general chat thread started a few years ago and thought it would just be a cool chill place to talk about random stuff, and it instead was a bunch of people talking about their suicidal depression and dead family members for pages on end.

The crushing joylessness in this sub-forum has been a problem long before EPA.