Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

drkeiscool posted:

I just wanna run around with an orange-striped m16, Hawaiian shirt and fuzzy Russian hat. can I do that?

All they need are your credit card details!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Syrinxx posted:

You can preload on PC now. "Only" 49 GB of space needed

Hoo boy, can't wait for the extra 200GB download on launch day!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
New shootmans feels more like Quake 3 than MW. I like that but holy drat have I got to get used to it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I really wish that COD would do the Fortnite thing, or even the overwatch thing where you pay for the base game and it’s just updated in perpetuity while they generate cash from game sales and then eventually battle passes.

Like season 1 could last for 6 months and be Cold War, then season 2 is modern warfare, season 3 is ghosts (lmao), or something like that. But you have the same base game the whole time. Sort of a combo of the Fortnite and Overwatch business models. You could even have the different companies develop the different seasons to keep with the current status quo.

They already do it with Warzone. They know it could work

I realize there is corporate inertia involving like 30 different companies that prevents this, but this madden-esque release style is feeling more and more antiquated every day.

It's a cool idea and I would definitely be down if they stuck to one engine (IW, obviously). But Activision's share price has outperformed the S&P 500 by 11,000% over the last 20 years and Warzone's freemium model has proven to be a tremendous cash cow. If nerds keep handing them £50 each year for a new game plus whatever guff they sell for COD points, do you really see a shitheel like Bobby Kotick upsetting shareholders?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Hot Diggity! posted:

Why is matchmaking constantly dogshit and why am I getting stuck in these sweat lobbies all the time. I'm not good!

I'm finding that I'll get absolutely kerbstomped in one match then the next I'm on the team doing the stomping. Neither is fun, but I guess just suck it up as it's the weapon grind before Warzone integration. :shrug:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Rebirth Island but everybody is using the invisibility glitch would be a trip

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Yo how the gently caress do you report cheating on kill cam on this jank as gently caress game?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Am I right in thinking it's best to exfil at round 10 on zombies as there is a significant weapon xp drop off?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ClydeFrog posted:

There was a fix applied to that in December. You should be good up until about level 20 or so now

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-fixes-weapon-xp-rates/

Great - thanks!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

totalnewbie posted:

I think autoaim probably helps quickscopers the most. Other than that, I don't really feel like they have a huge advantage.

Shotguns are insanely good though, oh my god.

Quickscoping is easy once you train your muscle memory that the default reticle on your screen is the same as the reticle on your scope.

It's also incredible bullshit, just like controller aim assist and you should all loving die in a fire instead of telling me to 'get gud' in the post match lobby.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Captain Log posted:

Man, Outbreak is frustrating.

First two attempts to play crashed Cold War to my launch page.

Then three games with a constant loop of "Failed to Join Server - Dismiss" requiring a restart.

Got into a game with three extremely competent people, all of us running that leveled up revive perk. Wailed on a Hold Out, which is the kiss of death for idiots. Managed to pack my Weapon to level one, add napalm, and rank up the damage tier with a ton of left over points.

Warped. No Connection. Crashed.

Yesterday made it to the third round with randoms and two of them just disappeared mid fight during a retrieval.

I want to enjoy Outbreak, despite the fact that games can last fifteen minutes to hours. But the technical difficulties are infuriating.

Textbook case of COD's excellent idea, dogshit application. Idk if it's crossplay that causes problems, but I can't say I get a more stable gameplay experience with friends on different platforms than I do when I play with random pubbies.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I may be imagining it, but it feels like Zombles has been tuned quite a bit. The early pack a punches don't seem to scale as much as they previously did, which is good because it was a bit too easy before.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

threeagainstfour posted:

I changed my FOV from 80 to 100 and it made such a dramatic difference in how the movement feels in this game. I went from feeling like I was running through sand dunes to feeling like I was zipping around easily. Is that normal for an FPS?

Yup, check out any quake 3 frag vid and how ridiculous the fish eye effect is. Also make sure your ADS setting is 'affected' once you max out your FOV.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Captain Log posted:

I'm at the "Get 25 SMG Kills with No Stock Option" for that big body armor skin quest. I've done it with the LC-10 and the Mac-10 and not had a single kill count.

Anyone got that progress bar to move? If so, which gun? Whenever I've encountered this before, it will be some guns randomly don't work while others do. Or a completely different loving class of guns works.

Are you actually using the 'No Stock' item in the stock slot of the loadout or are you just using the default stock?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Levelling guns in solo outbreak is a hell of a hangover vibe. Chewed through the bullfrog and magnum today, 10/10 would recommend for those days after the nights you were irresponsible with the grain alcohol.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

pacerhimself posted:

I think the Milano has the tightest hipfire spread out of all the smgs

Captain Log posted:

Based on nothing but my casual observations, the Milano appears to be the least used SMG. I see the Bullfrog more than it.

The bullfrog is gross but the milano is way underrated imo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

drunken officeparty posted:

Nuketown is such a bad map

And dirty bomb mode is going to give me a loving aneurism. WHAT ARE YOU DOING COOLGUY2011 WHY ARE YOU NOT HELPING

I quite like it but the absolute brainfuckery of how spawning works is ridiculous.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Volte posted:

What, you don't like having the entire enemy team spawn directly behind you simultaneously?

I can't say I'm a huge fan of it, no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

priznat posted:

How are people doing those ridiculous quickscopes? Is that console aim assist and the correct setup for the rifle? Mouse macros?

Muscle memory and practice. You use the on screen reticle as a rough guide to where your crosshair will be when you scope in and kinda time the shot to be exactly at the point in which you scope.

IIRC they hosed it up a few games back by offsetting the on screen reticle from the scope crosshairs and people just bitched about it and adapted to it before the devs changed it back.