Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m in on PS5. My coins carried over from MW. Didn’t expect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Housh posted:

On PS5 I can't whether I like performance or quality mode better. It's cool running at 120fps but the graphics do take a hit. I think cause I'm sitting pretty close to the TV.

Where do I find this at? I looked forever last night and couldn’t find the performance setting.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Housh posted:

It's really stupid and I hope COD patches this to toggle in the game.

You have to close the game. Go to Settings>Save Data and Game/App Settings>Game Presets>Performance Mode Or Resolution Mode>Change from Automatic to Performance.

Then when you go back into COD, it will be running in Performance at 120hz.

Thanks!

And that is really stupid way of doing it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

anyone got a spare ps5 they wanna get rid of or

Sorry all 3 of mine are being used.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Crain posted:

God to guns take so long to level up.

Other than that I'm liking MP in cold war a bit better than MW, I'm doing better and can actually get my kill streaks. In MW I'd barely ever even get my second tier rewards. Here I can actually earn stuff regularly.

I love Cold War more then MW until that loving Combined Arms boat map comes up. Then it’s the worst game ever made.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

V for Vegans posted:

If you shoot their heads off in under a minute, you get a rad Easter egg. I’ve been trying to shoot as many as I can at the start of each match in hopes that someone on the other team has the same idea so we can freak everyone else out in the match but it hasn’t happened yet.

The hatchet is the greatest lethal choice in this game and 99% of my fun right now is getting hatchet kills on other dudes.

Now I'm going to start doing this.

My favorite part of the Nuketown's closeness is saving my bomber remote control truck for the Domination side switch then rushing it to the other spawn. Usually can get 2-3 kills with guys still hanging out to the flag.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

LGD posted:

huh, apparently scope glint is *completely* different in this game than past COD titles

the big takeaways
*scope glint is no longer broadcast at an angle, you only see it if a sniper is aiming at a bubble ~1.5 body lengths from you - which means it's something you should take *much* more seriously if you ever see it b/c it means they're essentially aiming right at you
*magnification/optic currently has zero impact on the appearance of scope glint - you'll get a big flaring "scope glint" with iron sights

1st *: Good, about time.
2nd *: WTF

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If you like 80s spy action popcorn movies then it's worth it if you are going to play the multiplayer also.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Stupid PS5 question. I have CW installed and want to install Warzone but do not want anything MW. When I go to the store and go to download Warzone it takes me to the MW install. I go into where you can choose what parts to download there is nothing for Warzone, only the campaign and the billion multiplayer parts of MW. Nothing says Warzone. What the hell do I download?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Captain Log posted:

OOoooooh, that makes sense.

I have a tendency to unlock stuff, then never use it. But it feels good to make the bar move towards completion.

What's the goon think on the Ppsh sub?

I’m still leveling it so don’t have the good attachments yet but the thing is awesome. I’m usually not a sub (hehe) but I love this thing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Does Bruce Willis say "Welcome to the party, pal" after every kill?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I finally got orange tracers and people explode in a ball of goo. It was worth it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Captain Log posted:

Wait, you can save custom loving blueprints? For real?

Losing my load out every time I need to switch is a pain in the dick.

Sniper Question - I only just passed the 25 of 50 Longshot/Headshot kills challenge. What are some of the best lanes and game modes for knocking those out? I know a shitload of lanes because I'm not that stupid, but I'm not sure of the good places for long shots.

Also, what type of mods make the quick scoping sniper rifles? I picked one up from an enemy and killed six or seven people in a row with it. The rifle was also some sort of metallic tie-die, which was lovely.

If you are quick with the trigger then Nuketown. You lay in the backyard and just pop the campers that love to sit in or hover by the garage near B. As long as they are past the trailer it’s a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

mfny posted:

It was my impression though that there is a "unifying app" in the middle of all this which is War Zone as well ? or is it that Warzone/MW are separate from CW(and presumably Vanguard) because the former are not native X/S games and the latter are ?

There is no unifying app. Each game is separate and their main menu is just glorified links to the other games. If you are in CW and choose MW/Warzone it will launch that game and vice versa. The same will be for Vanguard. The system is extremely bloated and confusing.