Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

blue squares posted:

Which CoD do I get today? I used to play so much CoD Modern Warfare back in the day and want that same kid of experience. I played the single player of CoD Modern Warfare and liked it a lot, but I would prefer a different game so I can do the campaign in addition to multiplayer

Of the two modern CODs - MW2019 and Black Ops Cold War, the MW2019 engine feels a lot better.

The best option though, is to buy neither and play Warzone which is built in the MW2019 engine and is free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

Captain Log posted:

It just realized I sounded weirdly passive aggressive by saying "it" instead of "the game."

Just wanted to clear that up by saying that snipe was directed at COD, not the very kind poster who broke everything down for an old like me.

I think your post was entirely clear! I think all the zombies maps in bocw are equally bad at explaining perks, upgrading weapon rarities and armor etc. The only bit you're really led to is fixing the pack a punch in die machine

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

Captain Log posted:

I so badly want to get the last skin for the mohawk ponytail lady, but I rarely find those loving orbs. Then when I do, they drift to a location and disappear. I sorta thought they'd be around the place they drifted?

It goes in exactly a straight line to its next destination and appears on the minimap the whole time. It can go a really long way so you're probably not going far enough. They often end up inside buildings.

If you haven't already level up staminup and you should easily keep up with it. Level 5 staminup reduces your running around time so massively that I can't imagine not getting it as one of the first perks!

Bungeyjump
Nov 9, 2003
Bungeyjumpingpeopledie

pacerhimself posted:

I'm gonna miss CW when things move on to Vanguard. It's the most fun regular MP cod in a long time. I recognize the flaws but it's very fun and the zombies mode is very accessible and the cross weapon progression rules. I wish they could've had that extra year for development because by the time they got around to the last few seasons it was in pretty good shape. The maps are mostly really good, faceoff 6v6 is one of the best game modes in all of cod.

Do you think it would all have been better in the mw engine that feels much nicer though?

Vanguard zombies in the mw engine could be fun!