Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Hackan Slash posted:

The fact that professional Call of Duty players can't get above a 2 K/D may be an indication that sbmm is tuned a bit much.

I think it more ruins things for playing with friends because the bottom of the scoreboard is getting absolutely stomped if there's a big group skill disparity.

really? because it would seem to be a sign that it's succeeding in putting them in against players of comparable skill

they really just need to give people the option to see their numeric rating - it would engender a fair bit of toxicity, but it would also give people an incentive to actually improve/care about performance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

AccountSupervisor posted:

I havent played a COD since MW2 on the 360 and I am having a grand ol time with this on my PS5. Shootin feels great and the maps are fun. This feels barely any different than my memories of the classic cod days. Not having the context of the past 10 years of COD probably helping my opinion, but regardless, I just dont get what people find so unbearable about this iteration?

that it barely feels any different from those old titles is part of the issue

it's right on the heels of a very good COD that actually iterated and felt different/like a step forward, and while Cold War absolutely does some things better, the overall experience is very much not an unalloyed improvement and feels like a step back in some ways

this is exacerbated by the extent to which it feels relatively unfinished/unpolished compared to Modern Warfare on (and shortly after) launch

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

huh, apparently scope glint is *completely* different in this game than past COD titles

the big takeaways
*scope glint is no longer broadcast at an angle, you only see it if a sniper is aiming at a bubble ~1.5 body lengths from you - which means it's something you should take *much* more seriously if you ever see it b/c it means they're essentially aiming right at you
*magnification/optic currently has zero impact on the appearance of scope glint - you'll get a big flaring "scope glint" with iron sights

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Gasoline posted:

Very much so, with the addition that none of the maps were in any way enjoyable.

No it wasn’t

It has bugs and the (larger number of) release maps were eh, but it was *substantially* more polished than Cold War from the jump

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ethanol posted:

the lack of factions in vanguard is really weird and jarring and kinda sucks

if you're going to do that idk why you wouldn't just actually have fun and make the whole game setting fully ludicrous dieselpunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

That's the problem, that unless you go ridiculously anachronistic, the time period traps you in what you can do. Like the killstreaks, they're just shitter versions of what we've all seen done better.

I really wish Battlefield 2042 was in better shape, so I can get my fun FPS fix, but that thing looks like it needs another year in the oven.

limitations can help create good art, it's really only a "trap" if you're trying to replicate an incompatible formula rather than pursuing a cohesive vision taking advantage of the setting you selected

if you're bored with WW2 then either don't make a WW2 game, or yeah go ahead and do a wild sci-fi dieselpunk thing/license Achtung! Cthulu, or w/e

but like, it's pretty clearly not impossible to make a good COD game set in world war 2, and nothing about being set in world war 2 (or being a COD game) requires hackish implementation of the MW weapon customization system, having the killstreaks be sub-par versions of things done in previous COD's, etc.