Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

McLarenF1 posted:

95GB on PS4
133GB on PS5
93GB on Xbox One
136GB on Xbox Series X/S

On Series X you can select specific components of the game to download. Base game, multiplayer, ray tracing data etc. You don't have to download the campaign for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It's weird I just had one option for download. The main game and some content packs, but no further description.

That said after watching the first two or three missions I am super super hyped for single player. It reminds of Space Cod in concept, just further improvement and refined.

The options to download are not in the Store interface, it's under storage management.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yep that's where I eventually saw that. Still not sure why it appears to be so small....perhaps because I already had Warzone?

Which part is small?

Really sucks that they're sticking slavishly to the release day and hour. I got Black Ops 2 a day or two early back in 2012 and was able to play no problem.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Anyone else's reticles upside down?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

When you're downed it looks like you shart uranium cubes.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

How did they release a 24GB next-gen patch and not even fix the inverted reticles bug?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

We should all try to make a human centipede while in the downed position in Dirty Bomb.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Does Ray Tracing work on this? The option on my XSX is greyed out and tells me I need to disable 4k 120hz which is also greyed out. I have the file required installed so maybe in missing something?

It is bugged as gently caress on the Series X. It changes my settings and the game is different each time it boots. Half the time it actually runs about 20 frames per second, even the menus are choppy, until it randomly works normally.

At least it's not hard crashing the entire system like it was on release.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm not entirely sure that Ray tracing even exists. It feels like we have hit a level of visual quality that you could just tell me that the next tentpole game had quadratic dynamic light shifting and I'd just say "sweet" and believe you entirely.

It's just ray-traced shadows in this game. It's definitely an improvement but multiplayer is so fast-paced that you'll likely see more of a difference with 120Hz instead, if your display supports it.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

How come Alpine only rotates on about 10% of the time now on Dirty Bomb?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Prowler posted:

You know, I haven't played that map at all in the past two weeks. I usually only drop in for 3 or 4 games each day, but you'd expect at least one of them would be Alpine...

Exactly. Also, how do you fire the cruise missiles in Dirty Bomb? The only kill I can get is the one you pilot yourself.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Prowler posted:

Is Alpine back in rotation yet?

Seems to be, I played it for the first time today in weeks.

Have you played Sanatorium? Great map.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Prowler posted:

The new Fireteam map is nice to look at, though I haven't fully decided whether or not I like it (that loving large tower with the multiple levels for snipers to hang out overlooking more than one bomb point sure was a decision). There's apparently an exploit where you can get into the geometry and shoot anyone who gets to the B point when it's on top of that giant statue. Hooray.

Twice, unintentionally, I ended up walking around the sky. I didn't have frag grenades so couldn't take my own life, and I had to wait out the rest of the match being a Skywalker.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Flak jacket needs a nerf. Change my mind.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Volte posted:

The only time I don't run Flak Jacket is when I'm using a sniper rifle since I want a SMG or shotgun in my secondary slot, so I need Wildcard, and I prioritize Tactical Mask in the first perk slot to make me immune to flashbangs and gas mines. Otherwise it's a no brainer with Perk Greed and yeah, it's insanely OP.

Flak jacket and sniping are really pissing me off at the moment. Why the gently caress is quick scoping/no scoping still a part of this franchise so many years in?

I've been thinking about what the developers could do with all the new processing power of the new consoles, now that they won't be constraints by the shite Jaguar cores in last generation machines.

Any thoughts on what they might do with Call of Duty?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-03-26-report-this-years-call-of-duty-returns-to-ww2

FFS

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

An alternate reality would at least be potentially interesting. WW2 has no life left in it for a shooting game. There is no innovation to be found. It will be a waste of time, smothered by its setting.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Hot Take - Sniper Rifles are broken when you can use them better at close range than a shotgun.

Sniper rifles need to get hosed in this game. They are ruining my life.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Captain Log posted:

DMR and SKS are useless.

Thank you, that's my TED talk.

DMR is great, I'm grinding out different weapons for the camos and it's a murder machine. What attachments have you tried?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Has anyone else not been able to get a game of Fireteam in the past few days? I can get into every game mode but this.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Has anyone else not been able to get a game of Fireteam in the past few days? I can get into every game mode but this.

Anyone?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Zwille posted:

It’s the next to last season already so I wonder if they’ll start dropping hints for the WW2 game.

Hopefully that it's not WW2 at all.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

rip call of duties

What in the name of good gently caress is left of the Second World War to use for a game that hasn't been done for 20 years now?

I mean, CoD:WW2 was a course correction for the unfair hate given to AW, BlOps 3 and IW. This is just laziness.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Is anyone able to get a game of Fireteam? I haven't been able to get into a game in months.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

maniacripper posted:

My favorite game mode and it's been dead for me as well :(

Fucks sake. I was hoping I had a port setting wrong or something.

The multiplayer reveal actually made me more interested in Vanguard, if they stick to making poo poo up as they go along and have plenty of anachronisms and don't worry about historical accuracy.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 8, 2021

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I wish they'd go with Advanced Warfare 2. They could even calm down on the boosting stuff but some of the gameplay elements were so fun and I loved the guns. Such a treat after the worst CoD ever, :iiam::iiam:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Gordon Shumway posted:

My suspicion is that it may have had something to do with Cold War getting rushed out by Treyarch since Sledgehammer was briefly removed from the dev cycle, and thus they went with the older engine that they'd used for BO4.

Always wondered why Sledgehammer were moved to this year - what happened?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

The Goliath Field Upgrade is a piece of poo poo. It can't go up the stairs and it gets stuck on every piece of geometry. I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to sort out the graphical glitches although some still remain. Think I'll be sitting this year out.

Also, why do some palm leaves blow but not others and why doesn't the wind affect smoke, like some Pennywise thing?

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 17, 2021

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

ethanol posted:

the lack of factions in vanguard is really weird and jarring and kinda sucks

What makes me mad is that people on your team have various accents. So when I hear call outs I don't know who they're for.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'd love sequels to Infinite Warfare and Advanced Warfare. WW2 outstayed its welcome back in 2006. There's nothing left to milk from it.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Beta extended by 2 days.

Edit: gently caress me. When my character is British and doing his callouts for some killstreaks, his voice switches to a German accent.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 18, 2021

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Playing hardcore on this would suck rear end because everyone is using the same character models

Axis vs allies? Nah it's axis and allies

It's worse than that, not only are there different nationalities on the same team, my character callouts alternate between British and German.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

This is triggering me. Why do some leaves blow but not others? And smoke isn't affected? Piss off, game.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Itra burst rifle won't register any XP for me for the weapon, anyone else got this problem?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

To whichever goon likes Fireteam games as their favourite mode but wasn't able to get a game in months, make sure crossplay is enabled.

I got my first Fireteam game in aaaages today by enabling that. I must have switched it off at some point and forgotten. Still takes a long time to get a game but at least it's possible.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

weg posted:

Definitely not buying Vanguard after how rough and rushed Cold War is.

Never fear, Sledgehammer Games have had 4 years to work on Vanguard, twice the length of time Treyarch had with Cold War.

Although Vanguard is truly awful.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-vanguard-2-and-3-writer-hopeful-sequels-get-made/1100-6497021/?ftag=CAD-01-10abi2f

"Call Of Duty: Vanguard 2 And 3 - Writer Hopeful Sequels Get Made". That's me out for them already.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Roman posted:

Looking at Vanguard videos and failing to get interested, I'm thinking Sledgehammer needed to say gently caress it and make Vanguard multiplayer like Zombies with the same aesthetic and all the magic poo poo & ray guns and whatnot. "But muh realism" yeah well instead you're getting another brown-rear end WWII game except with holosights, congrats

That's the problem, that unless you go ridiculously anachronistic, the time period traps you in what you can do. Like the killstreaks, they're just shitter versions of what we've all seen done better.

I really wish Battlefield 2042 was in better shape, so I can get my fun FPS fix, but that thing looks like it needs another year in the oven.