Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I just discovered that there’s a solo zombies mode and it tracks progress on weapons xp and battle pass. Now I don’t have to wait 20 mins to find a round only to immediately disconnect or get stuck on a loading screen between rounds to of outbreak. Very nice being able to level guns with no interruptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrking
May 27, 2006

That challenge seems dumb as hell, but if you're set on completing it I would try communicating in the pregame lobby. When I was grinding camos in MW I would ask people to run UAVs and Radar drones, and it seemed to help, but they're pretty common choices anyway I guess and I still ended up throwing my care packages to the other team. If you got a patient friend, maybe you can repeatedly join his game until you're on opposing sides, then cheese it? Otherwise I think you're stuck using a lovely perk you don't want and playing dom/hardpoint.

mrking
May 27, 2006

Today I discovered you can upgrade all the weapon classes, perks, field upgrades in zombies. I had so many points to spend and some of these look like big upgrades lol.

mrking
May 27, 2006

mostly just cosmetic, but sometimes they come with attachments that you haven't unlocked making leveling a bit easier.

mrking
May 27, 2006

i did it in zombies, 400 zombie crit kills. solo, its like going to round 25 or something and headshotting most of them. it seems okay, but not any better than the diamattis

mrking
May 27, 2006

One time I spent like an hour in a loop loading, migrating hosts, and then disconnecting. I was ready to never play zombies again until I found solo mode. Now I've maxed all my guns and done the whole camo grind and I am again ready to never play zombies again. Solo Die machine was faster for the camo kills than solo outbreak for all but sniper rifles,if anybody is doing that.

mrking
May 27, 2006

I spent almost 100% of the time sitting still in the penthouse letting zombies walk in a line at me until I had money for PaP and the reload soda. Or running in circles around the plane wing. Tbh I didn't enjoy it much and thought of switching to killing floor 2 or aimlab a lot while playing.

mrking
May 27, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Welp, I now feel empty.

Looking at my camos progressions, the "Kill an enemy revealed by your scorestreak/equipment" is the one keeping me back. I wish there was a good way to scoot that one along.

How often do they drop new guns? Seems like a few have popped up out of nowhere. Didn't know how frequently new guns are added.

Field mic is good for that camo. With the perk that lets you carry 2 field mics, you can cover almost all of nuketown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrking
May 27, 2006

mfny posted:

Decided to pick CW in the sale and the Season 6 battle pass and run though it before Vanguard hits for .. reasons. (If anyone still wants to play CW MP at this late stage add me ? GT: S1Nx81)

Already have Modern Warfare/Warzone Installed and figured when I purchased CW id just install the CW content via this existing install, but this seems not to be the case and I am now downloading the CW "Base Game" + MP via the Xbox Game Library ? looks as if once this is done I can delete the Modern Warfare "base game" and have access to MW MP via the new Cold War "Base Game" instead ? this whole situation is kinda confusing ..

They are two different games, and the splash screens of Cold War and modern warfare will just close and launch the other game if you click on it there