Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm gonna say that while the open world stuff is extremely (and sometimes low rent) botw, down to the design of the little environmental puzzles, and actual koroks everywhere, the real meat of the game doing dailies and domains and things ends up being a pretty different thing being so combat focused. And the combat in this game is actually a pretty decent brawler once you rip into it and get good at switching characters in combos and building elemental reactions. Seen a lot of people down on it that try to play it completely like botw and are disappointed by how simplistic each individual character is. Really shines once you get into the world boss fights.

Genshin Is Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lagidnam posted:

You can buy a battlepass at AR 20.

You also get a free BP.

Nothing world shattering in the payed version as far as I can see.
It's mostly just a shitload of character/weapon xp and money. You get your choice of one so-so 4 star weapon at bp30 which seems real stingy, and also about $25 worth of gacha if you do the whole thing. I bought it because i'm gonna be playing a lot of this game this month anyway + I want to save up gacha for when they add Klee, but it doesn't seem like a particularly good deal

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Framboise posted:

I rolled with built up gems and free stuff and got Noelle and another Fischl.

An actually good fire user would be nice...
You can get Xiangling for free at AR20, shes mostly just a good spear user but her fire attack isn't bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ougher posted:

I want to argue that this isn't a 'mobile' game, since you don't need an android emulator to play it on PC and its on ps4. But I'm not gonna die on this hill.
It definitely isn't, but having extreme mobage brain helps

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Phoix posted:

Is this part of a quest chain or did I miss how to get her somehow. I just finished the Stormterror stuff at AR20 and still don't have her
You have to finish floor 3 of the spiral abyss, idk if that means abyss corridor or the Real spiral abyss though, I haven't dug that deep into spiral abyss yet

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

IDK at what point this game gets into the Whale Zone where you absolutely need jacked up characters, but i'm just asuming its these AR40+ super high level domains that drop 5 star mats and artifacts, and I couldn't even begin to guess how many dozens of hours you'd have to grind to get to that point. I'm 22 and I've played in pretty much all of my free time since it came out, and the easy AEP is starting to dry up. I could see how how level spiral abyss could get a little hosed up also

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ougher posted:

I'm around the same AR as you and I don't know what you think is drying up but I still see plenty of everything coming in. :confused:
You get an assload of one-time adventure experience from discovery and shrine upgrades, and I've done all that now, + the amount of aep you need to rank up keeps increasing, its definitely gonna slow down if you have to rely more on commission and resin aep. That's not even a paywall though cause short of buying resin and that's a bad fuckin deal, there isn't really a way to turn money into aep

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ohhhhhh okay I wasn't aware of this, that's very big news.

Also what's the way of farming pulls, is it actually getting the fate itself through some method or just getting primogems and then converting it
You can get $1 worth of primogems a day doing the dailies, so that's like one free ten-pull a month + I think 6 acquaint fate from the free part of the battle pass? (you have to pay for the battle pass to get intertwined fate) That is about the extent of farmable pulls I think unless the second part of spiral abyss gives gems too, idk

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That stuff is a little hosed up IMO, also Revali's Gale being locked up behind a 5* character

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You're gonna be changing your tune when Klee comes out

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Is 1.1 also going to include the third region? I heard that they originally wanted to get it in for release but coronavirus

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Everything else in that shop is farmable, I think the fates are probably the best buys

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They're holding a beta for 1.1 in China, and I don't think that's started yet. IDK how long that's gonna run before launch though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Depends on exactly what you mean by summoner, there's a couple characters with pets

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Every time I run the launcher User Access Control needs my permission to let the app run. Does it actually need admin or is there something I can change in system preferences somewhere to fix this?

...change for the launcher, not reducing my system security. Plenty of games, including installers, run just fine without demanding Admin.
Its running a kernel level anticheat, so it needs admin

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It is now, after the patch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Did the ascension quest for world level 2, wow that's actually a good rear end dungeon. If there's one thing I really would want it'd be more designed areas like that, instead of all single room combat shrines

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

I'm still pretty early (AR 12) and I just pulled Xiangling and Fischl in the same 10x pull!

Would MC/Xiangling/Fischl/Barbara be a good generalist team?
With anemo MC yeah that wouldn't be a bad team at all

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The only place it may or may not work is spiral abyss cause that place is all about having a bunch of heavy hitters ready to go, but that's also a tiny part of this game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CJ posted:

What should i do with this premium currency it keeps giving me as a new player?
Spend it to buy pulls (on the event banner probably), or save it to pull in the future, is the only thing its good for

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just use jumping attacks, even the blue rocks break in like three jumping attacks from a sword guy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

fadam posted:

What is the right answer to this?
I don't watch that dude's videos anymore so idk what his advice is, but like any mobage the answer is to figure out what mats you actually need and don't waste energy farming stuff you won't use. Sunday is kind of a dump day since all the mat domains open their loot tables, so you're probably better off doing artifact domains or leylines then. Also making sure you squeeze 120 resin in for Stormterror and Boreas once a week because they drop some good stuff. And if you feel like no-lifing it, making sure you never cap resin cause then you're just wasting time.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Do the souvenir shops ever restock weapon upgrade mats?
All the other stores have restock timers on the bottom, I'm guessing no.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

AweStriker posted:

I’m only at AR 12, so I’m focused on getting story done and maybe hunting down those stamina jewels (the elemoculi) for now. Haven’t even seen a 4* artifact, and all my wishes have been 3* weapons, one Fischl, one Noelle (who was guaranteed), and two Xianglings (who were not but she’d have been free from somewhere I hear).

Any thoughts on what to do/who to build?
Xiangling/Fischl is a solid combo, pretty much any combo with lightning is good tbh but fire+lightning is big damage. You'll still get the freebie Xiangling at AR20 also, and her 3rd consellation is real good, adding fire damage to her normal combo. Whoever you add on top of that will be a good team

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Anora posted:

Why exactly are people calling Fischl "Support," She has no support skills, they are all damage
The way people use "support" in this game just means someone that is really good at applying element to set someone else up for elemental reactions

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Artifact upgrades go a long way also, a +atk% artifact will almost double its bonus going to even like +4 while also picking up another substat

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

fadam posted:

ATK is only left click damage right? E and Q are elemental mastery?
IDK exactly how it works my understanding is elemental mastery mostly only effects reactions, and then both your normals and specials scale off ATK, unless they say otherwise like how Barbara's heals scale off max HP. Then there's also gear that specifically says "normal attack damage+" or "pyro damage+" or whatever

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Swirl is a crazy good reaction in any kind of group fight, and the anemo MC's special still does okay damage single target anyway. MC's good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Dang if the Genshin Impact subreddit is to be believed, some of the weekly battle pass missions require more resin than you can generate in a week. That’s to say nothing of how much I can actually spend, since I can really only play once a day (at most). That makes me wonder if primogems would be better spent on resin refills than character rolls.
The battle pass is pretty bad, but at least you can fill it out without that dumbass resin weekly. If you tick off literally every daily thing and all the weeklies other than the resin one, you can get like 60k bep, and you need 50k to max it out

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you max it out its like $10 of event gacha pulls + $10 of gems + hella xp books and weapon and talent mats + one so-so 4* weapon, for $10. You can just level it and see if you end up maxing it out by the end of the season and decide to buy it then though, not like you level up any faster if you fork up the money up front

If you're going to spend money on anything imo the monthly pass is where its at, because its $50 of gems for $5, so thats like 20 pulls a month

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone know what happens if you roll a character you've already maxed out constellation for? Do the items get turned into something else or do you just get stuck with useless items?
You get way more starglitter than you normally would

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nessin posted:

I've got an extra shrine of the depths key but I've opened all the Mondstat shrines, at least those that are on the interactive map. Is there a use for a key besides the shrines?

Also what's the strategy for beating Stormterror if you don't have Venti? Or is the fight different after you beat him in the story? I can't imagine how to do it without the bow wind attack.
There are wind sprites or whatever on the corners of the platform, after you bust his claws you can just jump up there and punch his tumor

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

You can also just climb him
Say what

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There are lots of 4*s that have lovely procs, and at least up to level 50 their stats don't really seem to scale any better than the 3*s. Maybe they get way better later idk

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

3000 gems is about $50, normally. If you want to spend $5 to make 20 pulls in a month when the klee banner is up, go with god

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Congratulations, your quest has finished

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Is it really?
I mean I have barely seen any gameplay from it but somehow I highly doubt it's got anything similar to BotW's "Chemistry Engine" going on.
You need to look harder, they made a fairly good brawler thats completely built around taking that subtle elemental stuff from botw and turning it into a more explicitly defined system. Its a gacha rpg but being smart about elements and being good at the combat goes a long way

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Do not pay money on this game, its fine f2p

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

All the farmable stuff in this game is in single room encounters, I have to imagine if they're gonna do the standard mobage event thing that they'll be like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Most people are using her for support to apply lightning element yeah, you really only want to use normals on your main dps. That said, bow damage is really good if you have enough ATK, you generally would want to just mash her normal combo rather than use an aimed charge though