Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Mustache Ride posted:

Are people really ending friendships based on political leaders and presidents who only exist for 4-8 years?

The answer is almost universally no, but in this one specific case, it's really up to the other person whether we continue our friendship. My position hasn't changed. Theirs clearly has changed and/or they weren't being honest before today. Either way, I'm feeling the shun towards me for being a 'social justice warrior'.

The handful of people I have cut out were mostly acquaintances or folks that I've meet and up until now enjoyed watching from a distance.

edit:

Pizza and beer with Rhyno is on my bucket list of things to do. You're a pretty chill dude.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

trouser chili posted:

I woke up this morning to discover there are squirrels in my attic, and Trump has covid. All in all a good start to the day.

One could also claim there are squirrels in Trump's attic too

:rimshot:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I immediately went worst case scenario last night - which is Trump dies or is incapacitated. That lets the RNC have a do-over, and it lets Trump off the hook. And puts the country in constitutional crisis trying to figure it all out. Death is the easiest, most certain way Trump and his backers maintain their delusions.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

rdb posted:

Getting really tired of this “both sides” crap myself. Yes, both candidates have issues, but its pretty loving disproportionate.

Same. And the victimization card that's played when the same exact tactics are used against them.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The time you spend raging on FB you will never get back btw

Also same. Although FB has done me a favor in that since their last 'update' my feed doesn't change much from day to day. So I don't go there as often.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Halloween was 3 months ago. We're clearly celebrating Christmas according to retail.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

I also made house stuff

I love that blue! Do you mind sharing the paint chip details?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I have a Sleep Number and love mine. A couple of things I learned when shopping:

Start with the c2 (the least expensive regular priced one). Don't start with the most expensive (i10).

Spend at least 15 minutes in your normal sleep position on each mattress. Bring your own pillow.

Start with each mattress at 100 and gradually decrease in 10 point increments until you're comfy. Use the 5 point increments as fine tuning.

Your number on one mattress will not necessarily transfer to another.

If your number is 30 or lower on any mattress, you really should try the next higher mattress series. If your number is 80 or higher on any mattress, you should try the next lowest mattress series (which has less foam padding).

The adjustable bases are a ripoff - unless you really want/need one. They are inordinately expensive and their trial offer doesn't apply to it. And it has a shorter warranty than the mattress.

If you really want an i10 (their top model), Oct is the month to buy one - $700 off and free delivery/setup is as low as they ever go. Once a quarter there will be one "low as it goes" deal - it's almost always an upper tier model. The best deal on the c2 is $200 off. It's never more than that.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 14, 2020

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

This morning is the beginning of early voting locally. Nice crowd out, about 2 blocks of social distanced line, moving about 1/4 block every 10 - 15 minutes. Historically it's been a 15 minute max affair on day 1. Seeing people excited and present to vote makes me happy.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

McStephenson posted:

EVERYONE.

WASH YOUR BUTTHOLE.

That is all.

Dr Rimmermann approves this message

:gonk:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Better eat your weedies

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Not worth the effort

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Some of us survived with only 512k_Dolphins for a loooooong time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

This is super not-helpful but all I can see is Jeopardy podiums with a trapdoor. Which would be an awesome thing in my opinion.