Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

For anyone who is like me and didn't know anything about Khamzat until like a week or two ago this is a fun catch up video with commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbs6ZAxsJt0

Very interested in his future fights

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUST BLEED

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rewatching this I forgot that Justin just keeps casually spitting giant globs of blood onto the mat as everything on Tony's face bleeds

Nobody that fights either of those two seem like they are ever the same again, much like fighting Robbie Lawler

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Free Mekchu

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I can't even tell from the rap sheet entry what Mekchu even did

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MMA mods should only be able to be punished after trial by oildome

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That guy definitely fucks

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

up everyone he fights

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

That mask makes Khabib more scary and I wasn't sure that's possible.

Also, Mike Perry really is a horrible piece of poo poo
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/10/ufc-news-mike-perry-domestic-violence-allegations-ex-wife-speaks-out

Yeah don't read that story if you don't want to read his very detailed physical abuse, just a heads up to those sensitive to that stuff

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Justin is going to use what life force he has left after all the damage he's taken over the years leading up to this to finally beat Khabib, then he'll fade into a cloud of dust in the middle of the octagon leaving only a belt behind

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Derek Anderson, he's 16-3 in Bellator

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Seriously though Anderson Silva was on another level for years, much like Khabib. I'd probably take Khabib out of the two because Anderson's clowning was his downfall and Khabib was a frightening all business nightmare.

GSP and Jones as well but Jones loses so many points in my mind for being Jon Jones. Anderson Silva was part of what got me into MMA in the first place so I'll always be thankful for him for that. Then you have guys like Aldo who dominated their division for years as well. There are so many larger than life fighters in UFC's history it's tough.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 24, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I can't argue that logic

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Much like Silva if you stick around too long ultimately your legacy gets tainted by degrading performance leading to losses, drugs, hitting a pregnant woman with your car or slapping around old men in an irish bar etc

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol no, he's more likely to pass out and hit his head in a bathtub

Many fighters end up popping for PEDs and ruin their legacy, Jon Jones was the one who hit the pregnant woman, got caught with drugs and did a bunch of other poo poo and Conor McGregor got into a fight with an old man in an irish bar

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shirkelton posted:

If losing to some of the greatest fighters of the next generation that follows you is enough to disqualify you from consideration, then Aldo is absolutely the GOAT by default.

GSP lost to Serra and Hughes and Khabib lost to Gleison Tibau.

Aldo lost in like 13 seconds to McGregor

Shirkelton posted:

That was Renan Barao.

How did you know that but missed all the other references

But you're right, I was thinking of Aldo when he was doing a scary cut to bantam

https://twitter.com/_PhlegmFatale/status/1202724279093268480

https://twitter.com/CptnFantastico/status/1202700875837444097

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 25, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

Gaethje also wrestled with a number of mixed martial artists such as Georges St-Pierre during his collegiate years.

Fun trivia fact

Shirkelton posted:

McGregor is a much better fighter than Serra, Hughes or Tibau.

Yes

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The best eye poke in the game

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Chael not mincing words in his analysis of Justin's performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld2N6CQK504

This was a very good video, thanks for posting it

Chael saying "I have never seen a man that could beat the Khabib I saw tonight" and prefacing it with a statement made about Tyson 31 years ago was pretty strong

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fatherdog posted, some of the exiled posters have returned and we're back to IT nerd vs Keven style arguments

Memories

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is this your first time seeing a sponsored video or is it just because it's Chael

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fake/Bad/Lying sponsorships are a way of life for content producers big and small nowadays you can't act like its exclusive to Chael especially MMA content producers it's rife with bad poo poo

Let me tell you about a little app called Raid Shadow Legends

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Even if it enhances your performance

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is John Gunther ever gonna fight again?

That guy was wild. I wonder if he's still living in his van.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Edit: I also wouldn't put it pass Dana to just say this stuff without talking to Khabib just to put pressure on him

I have to imagine it's exactly this

If Khabib puts his gloves on the mat and retires I believe he really did, the guy keeps his word and has turned down shitloads of money before

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Also they take away your PEDs and your leg cracks in half

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The movement Hall does right before putting Silva down is like Silva traded places with so many fighters we've seen him do that very same thing to in the past

The end sequence was kind of surreal in that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I can never get enough of idiots trying to rob or fight mma fighters that can easily end them with their bare hands

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes I guess