Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

In "someone needs to lock that piece of poo poo ohio state doctor in an ikea with Mark Coleman news," this is a tough read, but good reporting.

CW: sexual abuse

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1313101855954735106?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

this got a chuckle out of me cuz he talked about his drilled sack in a commercial

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1314893729459830785?s=20

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i! posted:

Now that taxman is gone will we see fatherdog again?

Also Dunc what happened to im

it is rumor and hearsay coming from me, but apparently some posters decided to doxx duncan and call his work IRL. he is either blissfully offline or posting under a different name. he's gone from Twitter too afaik

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Holy poo poo! I havent been watching the card but I may have to remedy that. Lots of cool things happening per the GDT.

also, khamzat says some big names are ducking him

https://twitter.com/KChimaev/status/1314693576844951553?s=20

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

Chiesa said in an interview that it was bad business for a ranked fighter to take this fight against Khamzat because if you win, Khamzat will be seen as a flash in the pan and your ranking won’t go up, and losing will have obvious consequences. He’s right, too.

What ever happened to the Maia fight, anyway?

Oh, I get it. And yeah, whatever did happen with the maia fight?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CommonShore posted:

e. the new search function owns

khamzat magny should be a cool rear end fight. nice call

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Jesus Christ gently caress mike perry

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I think I had pre-usada bigg rigg winning over gsp and losing to a guy who unceremoniously lost an untelevised bareknuckle fight in like fuckin' montana or something is disqualified from goat status

I jest, but I just remembered that and laughed at the misfortune of a guy who couldn't sell steaks to oklahomans

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Chael beat a man so soundly he saw ghosts in the WEC cage and was not world champion only because his opponent missed weight. he is o.g. BMF champ. don't get it twisted

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Rude_Dude posted:

that triangle transition from mount was sick as gently caress and made me pumped.

but khabib turning to justin mid-retirement and telling him to cherish his mother and father being with him because you never know what may happen made me sad.

A buddy and I were texting and were both happy khabib didn't finish the armbar at the end of round one so we got more of the fight. Neither of us complained when he pulled that off. It was sick as gently caress

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Southpaugh posted:

I'm warming up to the idea of khabib having retired, rather than him sitting like a fact of the universe sitting at the top of lightweight. There'll be all sorts of nonsense going on now.

Not that the UFC cares about what is "right" at this point, but I'd be curious who Shelby would try and pit Khabib with at this point (Conor if he wins, duh). He's either beat everyone in the top 5 (gaethje, conor, porier) or they're coming off of losses (hooker, ugly tony)or both (everyone but the winner of McGregor and the diamond)

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Brut posted:

Do bronx.

Yeah that'd would have been cool

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

it could be hyperbole, but khabib strikes me as an incredibly earnest man. He told DC that because gaethje said he'd never tap a bunch this past week, he finished him with a triangle instead of an armbar because he didn't want to really hurt him since justin's parents were there lol

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1320800585466159104?s=20

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

it's not fair that "mini-khabib" has parents that would take her to basically every fight and i'm just a big dumb idiot that has seen khabib live 3 times :mad: :saddowns:

you got on tv though, didn't you? pretty sure i remember you and Mr Nice making a broadcast for some khabib event

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

What possible benefit could that have for chimaev?

Best name available and the satisfaction of beating up a domestic abuser? Thatd be my pitch

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

also, what a cool card to show up on tv lobster and nice! if nunes could have gotten a replacement fight and travis browne could have disappeared, it would have been an amazing event

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox:_Werdum_vs._Browne

CommonShore posted:

He already has the #3 welterweight in the world lined up

well, there's that :v:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Werdum landed a flying kick right to his dumb head. That was worth the price of admission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0XUTwmd5mg

lmao gently caress! let's not erase that browne stain from my memory

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

best freebase for mma

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

:unsmith: truly, country boy can survive

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

if khabib comes back, ill do a Goons With Spoons preparation of the dick of the goon who said he'd suck he own cock

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Mekchu posted:

I....what?

Once upon a time, a goon proclaimed he would suck his own dick if a fight (was it an Alvarez fight?) was boring. It turned out it was boring, and said goon tried to make good on the one-sided bet.

Im not willing to wager my own wang on Khabib not coming back (I believe he will stay retired), but I will wager that one goon's dick.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

we need to bring back SUPER HLUK and a turbo-hw division in the UFC. no belt or anything, just very winded, very purple men. also, 3 minute rounds for those fights

and yeah, being a small heavy sucks rear end. i gave up upwards of 70 pounds in some wrestling matches (hw started at 191lbs back in my day :corsair:). They eventually added 215 lbs and I was the happiest lad in all the land

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

FishBowlRobot posted:

"TKO (plum tired)".

lmao

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i do wish i bought the OG TKZ shirt and tom lawlor's "lawlormania" shirt back before reebok ruined everything

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

BlindSite posted:

A special cage though, only 5 ft wide.

grease 'em up and slide them in an elevator/lift. Fight starts when the doors close. Last one standing on floor 69 wins. If neither stand, the lump measurably higher than the other guy's is the winner by default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

crepeface posted:

𝑶𝑰𝑳𝑫𝑶𝑴𝑬

gently caress. the answer was in front of us all along: self-basting oil dome warriors