Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

JaySB posted:

NCAA D1 > NAIA fwiw.

Gaethje is arguably the worst matchup for Khabib stylistically. It's an incredibly intriguing fight.

I love Gaethje but fear that he’ll just get too tired if he has to do a wrassle, like pretty much anyone who fights Khabib. Should be cool either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Foul Fowl posted:

old ufc judging where the guy walking forward getting hit wins the fight

And sometimes modern MMA judging

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Memento posted:

Chael Sonnen: "PEDs? Yeah I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two"

Chael: You can’t look at a guy and tell if he’s on steroids

Also Chael: I can look at a guy and tell if he’s on steroids

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Forceholy posted:

Whatever happened to Cain? He made one appearance on WWE so he could lose to Brock.

I think WWE released him, as a new guy with a big paycheck during quarantine.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Mike Perry updates:

Has tattooed Coach Latory’s name on his inner lip. Which actually might be a pro move since he won’t have to look at it if/when they break up.

Is auctioning off the opportunity to be his cornerman in a future fight. Another pro move, leaving nothing on the table.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Yeah, Aljo made him look bad (in the grappling department). Sadly, I think it’s the only Sandhagen fight I’ve seen.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I didn’t know Reebok made that stuff too.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Unfortunately that showcase fight was against Cody Garbrandt in the cancer boy days, and Almeida was KOed spectacularly in under 3 minutes.

Lol, nice way to describe that surging period of Cody’s career.

Cancer Boy Cody, Motivated BJ, etc

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Is MMA getting anywhere near the viewership and money that NBA, NFL, etc are doing?

Probably not, I’d think. If you go by percentage, though, fighters are given a much smaller portion of the revenue compared to those major sports.

There’s more to it than straight money, too. The Reebok deal, USADA regulation, athlete code of conduct. These are things that affect them greatly and they have no say in any of it.

It’s hard to imagine that changing anytime soon.

e: beaten

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Horse Inspector posted:

He looks a lot like Cillian Murphy to me in that photo.

The one where 2/3 of his face is obscured?

I can see it. In particular around the eye region.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

leftist heap posted:

lollll they removed Leon Edwards from the rankings due to "inactivity". jfc

drat lol. Meanwhile, Conor moves up by tweeting.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Forceholy posted:

Co - Main Event is decent if you like dad jokes along with your MMA analysis.

Bring back Mastertweet Theater, you cowards.

It’s a crime that I got to hear Sir Nigel Longstock’s Bisping impression only once. Also, I can’t imagine how much worse Jessica Eye’s tweeting has become after having her skull caved in.

N-thing the recommendations of Co-Main Event, Heavy Hands, and Fights Gone By (Jack Slack).

I haven’t listened to UFC Unfiltered in years, but last I checked it was just 2 UFC shills cashing a check without much preparation on their part.

Morning Kombat hasn’t been mentioned yet this time. It has a nice odd couple thing with Luke Thomas (honest and knowledgeable but sometimes too smug/serious) and Brian Campbell (enthusiastic and goofy, but with a lot of experience covering fight sports).

John McCarthy and Josh Thompson have an alright podcast, Weighing In. Thompson has some really dumb takes sometimes, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Not sure I want to watch 300 pound heavyweights gas out even worse than 250 pound heavyweights.

I guess it would be funny to see fighting records with "TKO (plum tired)".