Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

skylined! posted:

I think you’re overestimating how effective even the best care has been in managing cases with poor prognoses.

I think folks are underestimating just how efficacious pure unadulterated evil is at keeping death away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Mat Cauthon posted:

Whatever happens happens. Insha'Allah he goes down drowning in his own lung soup.

Absolute best case is he lives through losing the election and then kicks it.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

No, best case is he loses and corona incapacitates him for life, but he's still mentally with it to see his legacy and empire crumble around him.

Perhaps. Its really tough to quantify the existential dread of dying. I guess in my mind a diminished life is still preferable to oblivion (or whatever hell awaits him).

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is susceptibility genetic? Cause this poo poo killed his brother.

Trust not to Hope, it has forsaken this Presidency.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Lazarus Long posted:

Not great timing on these campaign emails...feels like a threat now

gently caress since when did Turmp start shilling on Grindr?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Medullah posted:

Giant blast of orange powder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvBhlF5FkK4&t=108s

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Wilbur Swain posted:

Not tweeting in 12 hours after tweeting he has the plague though, nothing normal about that situation.

Its more weird that Scavino or whomever hasn't shotgunned out a bunch of chudly tweats for him....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

skylined! posted:

I assumed that trump already got it, was confirmed asymptomatic, used that to behave like an rear end in a top hat and everyone was just following his lead.

Yeah this was the overwhelming assumption (at least here on SA).

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Learned this from another thread:

Holy poo poo, I knew it had issues, but 51%?

Lol that that last 1% is just :discourse:

By that logic shouldn't they declare the opposite result as fact instead?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/ChangeTheRef/status/1312024331225051136

this is a sick and utterly depraved act exploiting the grief of these parents for such a twisted end.

Yeah welcome to the (ghoulish) new world friend.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Dapper_Swindler posted:

drat. he hosed then.

I can't reconcile this. She's had no problem lying through her teeth about whatever benefits Trump. I can't figure why she'd take issue with it now...

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

stillvisions posted:

"We resurrected your relative via AI" sounds like the new way for techbros to further muscle in on dimestore psychics. Maybe they can get the grieving parents to buy bitcon to honor his memory too.

Press "F(iduciary earnings)" to pay respects.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah it really is, that said a 10% mortality rate is massively bad, not because your grandma will definitely die if she gets it, she probably won't die, but because vast numbers of grandmas will die if everyone's grandma gets it.

Grandma's the world over decimated!

~the headlines read

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Lucas Archer posted:

Who the gently caress is this guy and why is he giving weird updates on Trumps health that don't match what the WH is saying?

Fake it till ya make it!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

skylined! posted:

BTW that treatment that the White House doctor just said trump received is experimental.

Its essentially harvested antibodies from folks who've had Covid and beat it.

It takes hundreds and hundreds of patients/volunteers/migrant children in cages just to make 1 dose.....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

goethe.cx posted:

regeneron is the company

Yeah, Compound V is the drug.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

"Trump has the absolute mildest case of severe Covid any president has ever had"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

predicto posted:

holy crap look at that 103 year old guy sitting right behind Kellyanne.

That fella is doomed

e: fb!

That's Death. He's the only one with a serious expression because he's realizing just how much extra work Trump/ACB are making for him...

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I will enjoy every single loving bit of the schadenfreude, Rachel. And I won'tn't lose one single bit of sleep.

I'm losing sleep because I can't not keep pulling the triple 7's lever of fun that is today's news cycle. Like at this rate we're gonna get 2 more Republican Senator Covid confirmations before the night is through!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

sexpig by night posted:

Maddow famously was literal friends with Roger Ailes and a bunch of other far right freaks, she's not anyone to the right of Nixon's friend no matter how much she pretends to be gay lisa simpson. She always has much more kindness to spare the far right that want to shock the queer out of her than she does for the left who want to tax her because she genuinely only views one of those as a real threat.

The corruption of wealth knows no boundaries.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Pick posted:

Just mentioning he's taking other stuff, and he doesn't need supplemental oxygen yet! Everything is good, fine even! Great perhaps!!!

No other president in history required less oxygen than him, perhaps.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

BigglesSWE posted:

Before the month is up, Fox News talking heads will declare that not voting for a sitting president is an act of treason and should be taken as such.

Not quite that far, but we'll probably hear a couple cries to delay the election out of fairness since Trump was sick....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Spiritus Nox posted:

You're supposed to quarantine for two weeks even after possible exposure, he's not even symptom-free yet.

And since he's beat it no need to wear a mask anymore so all y'all busybodies can finally stop asking him/talking about it....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

VitalSigns posted:

Shut up

I support the president's decision to discharge himself against all sound medical advice 110%

Yeah, kind of hard to be angry at this. Short of stopping all treatment (which even the bookies won't let me place a bet on), this is pretty good for my Trump deadpool.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

The Dark Project posted:

I was listening to Red State Update (still a good listen), and they were trying to come up with comparisons to this behaviour, and they found it basically impossible to make a comparison to something else which would be completely outlandish, because this stupidity has outstripped reality. They basically came down to "it is literally the thing it is" because of just how loving dumb it has all become.

We've got to be in a simulation, written by some dingus college film and TV dropout, who is looking to make some kind of schlocky made-for-TV daytime movie for a network hardly anyone actually watches. This goes beyond dumb.

But that's not a bad idea, insomuch as the thrust of the (Truman) show is people waking up to the realization that we live in a lovely syndicated politcal-dramedy. Just saying, I think its got legs.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

eke out posted:

That whole thing about how his fever is better and he's on zero drugs to stop a fever was a direct lie, by the way

https://twitter.com/celinegounder/status/1313199064952037378

They meant jungle fever.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

kitten emergency posted:

scoop: trump will die at some point in the future

It feels like were sitting on the positive side of the odds for once. Either Trump dies (fantastic), or he lives to witness the ignominy of defeat (fantastic).

The alternative of him winning is just the basal frustration and existential terror that liberals have been living with for the last 4 years already.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Eric Cantonese posted:

Why can't this man just go away? I've hated him since 1994 and he just keep coming back.

Because it seems there's no greater panacea of longevity than pure unadulterated evil.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

haveblue posted:

The new strategy is to make the country such a disaster by January that the Biden administration can't possibly clean it all up and it swings back to Republican control afterward. Which I guess means they're now accelerationists

Yeah its obviously this.

Writing is on the wall and they know they're getting creamed. Only thing they've got left to do is wreck as much and destroy peoples lives as much as possible to make it more difficult for the incoming administration to fix things back to some kind of normalcy.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Welp, time to file for bankruptcy. Guess he made that decision easy...

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Deteriorata posted:

Whether or not they are successful is another matter. They're clearly laying the groundwork for it with all the bullshit about mail-in voting and voter fraud in general. They're hoping for a rerun of Bush v. Gore.

A blowout win for Biden will put that to rest, but if it's close they're absolutely going to try to get it into the courts.

They're going to try it no matter what, and if it's close then they'll succeed.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

But I thought he already wore diapers.....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

So I guess this is the October Surprise/Announcement.

Rather relieved its something so utterly feckless.

Really not an ounce of feck.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Pick posted:

It's 2020. Tupac is absolutely showing up in that seat.

Bad news friend. Tupac died.

Of Covid.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Bread Set Jettison posted:

These huge Biden leads are absurd to me. Why was Trump getting COVID the last straw in a year full of last straws?

What if I told you due to the increasing compression of the time-wave that there will be more insanity still to come in this next month than in the entire preceding 4 years....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Nobody reunites Gold Star Families with their loved ones better than me!

~Turmp

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Inferior Third Season posted:

Chuds are going to show up with guns at polling places in swing state cities on election day, and the cops will do nothing about it.

Yeah I'm expecting chud drivebyes just to get the polling places shut down as crime scenes.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FizFashizzle posted:

There will be nothing left for us.

Yeah I keep having to explain to boomers that retirement is a byproduct of a bygone era. The end of the Millenials lives will probably closely mark the end of the middle class. Once you're too old to work you either starve to death or die of untreated disease (if you haven't already since both food/healthcare will overtake earnings for anyone not upper class in the next 25 years). Capitalist autocrats have already won. Only violent revolution will change anything for the better now.

hail communist vegan saitan!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Phoix posted:

Later in plan they suggest just knocking on her door, shooting her in the head, and then whoever shoots her should shoot themselves.

Ah, the old conservative, I shot her in self defense routine....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

VitalSigns posted:

oh man this is like Boomer catnip though, spend money that's earmarked for their children's welfare on them instead

FWIW I haven't met a millennial that actually believes there will be any welfare money left over when we hit retirement age. Its become a standard foregone conclusion that it'll run out with the last of the boomers.