Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm assuming Pence is already acting by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Depends what side of "Pence 2020" you come down on. If Trump stays alive and stays in office, though, the most he can hope for is a sympathy bump, but voting for an incapacitated elderly man is ehhhh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

That only works if the bad thing isn't comeuppance.

Yeah the narrative that he did this to himself like he's done it to 200,000+ other Americans is already rolling, even if Biden isn't touting it himself.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Maybe he gets vented and then wakes up in November to learn he lost in a landslide and his kids are in jail.

Can I get this package too?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ms Adequate posted:

October 2nd is my birthday.

I say this not to get well-wishes, but because I want to stress to you that this is the best birthday I've had since I turned 12 and was absolutely and totally blindsided by the N64 I got.

The grab em by the pussy tape came out on my birthday in 2016 and I think schadenfreude must now be a quadrennial birthday tradition or something.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Fallom posted:

There is absolutely no way peoples’ votes just get converted from Trump to whatever candidate replaces him. That’s not a possibility even if we “just don’t know.”

I'm pretty sure this is exactly how it works, actually, heh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Statistically, he is much much more likely to survive and even recover. But he is also, as mentioned, in several groups that make death more likely than, say, Mike Lee.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

If Herman Cain and Chris Christie are the only ones we get out of this, I'll be disappointed, but so it goes.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Count on him getting better and recovering. If I was betting, I'd bet on him recovering after a week of faffing around. That's what the data says is likely.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

You're right. They're incompetent. Because it's a bunch of conflicting information and out of place behavior.

I think Trump will be fine by next week if not two. But it's also probably worse than they're selling right now.

Yeah this basically.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There are sporadic reports of rare double-dippers, but as a general rule the T-cell immunity appears to be working.

There's also the possibility of being a long-hauler or even suffering different but related complications like heart issues or seizure, etc.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

eggyolk posted:

Extremely normal and not insidious or insane. Nope, nope, nope.

They've been sending these out for the last 4 years. They're just fundraising nets same as when Bernie sends me a petition to sign titled "President should stop doing bad thing!" and questions like "Do you agree that Trump is a loving bog monster? [ ] YES [ ] ABSOLUTELY"

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

Which is insane because someone working through being committed to a hospital would be a fantastic PR move

if they hadn't been the reason they got it in the first place.

Yeah, the self-own and hubris aspect to this really changes it completely. If Trump had been hit by a drunk driver, it'd be sympathy party 24/7 but this way it's just more of him being a narcissist.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Are news channels even going to bother reporting on this stuff anymore?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Narcissists make poor puppets. At least I imagine they do, I don't actually know jack poo poo about anything anymore.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Utah has been a default mail-in voting state for years and it's great and I'm glad it's spreading.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I can only assume that chaos was the goal. Removing mail boxes and sorting machines in order to make it difficult for enough regular folks to encounter enough friction to then sound the alarm and cast a pall on the election as a whole. "How can we trust the results when I couldn't even mail my ballot?!" This is the only thing that makes logical sense (again, I know nothing and am a political noob) in light of the fact that plenty of R voters vote by mail too. The general goal has to be to throw the entire thing into question enough to get other bodies involved?

Edit:

Aineris posted:

For gently caress's sake. If I didn't get my GE ballot and found out that it got thrown in the trash instead, I'd be loving pissed and I'd would want the person responsible to face justice. Shouldn't everybody's vote count? This kind of poo poo is a big loving deal.

Just because the administration sucks for obvious reasons doesn't mean that everything that they do is evil.

I think cases like this would always be investigated. The thing this morning is that now they can tweet about it and try to get it into the news while an election is going on to try to <insert whatever election influence strategy here>

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1314048380063145984

Where in we once again learn the Goons cant understand the generic voter

I am first in line to declare that I absolutely do not.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah the past 4 years has given me every reason to cancel hope and wait for the reality. Good polls are decent salve in the meantine.

Also, hey how about my anti-democracy senator, huh? That's cool.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

that birdpost was from arpil of 2020.

Yes. You're right.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

HappyHippo posted:

This is really funny but I'm glad Biden isn't doing these. Let the Lincoln guys do this while doing "serious" ads.

The Lincoln guys are, in fact, even BETTER to do this poo poo than some other Democratic PAC or whatever. The fact that they're mostly from the right-leaning end gives it a perfect flavor and weight that it wouldn't have coming from anywhere else. It's like Claudia Conway dunking on her mom.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Oh, absolutely never ever give money to them.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lol if Pence had corona, even if there were rumors, they would certainly make 30 tweets about it. This is almost as silly as the green screen stuff.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ah, I see he has conceded already.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

He would get instantly banned from Twitter

and yes you would have to get rid of comment sections and a bunch of other things because if I go to a site and post a death threat, the site could be legally liable now

lol it's truly a win-win-win then.

Edit: ^^ Oh fine. :mad:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Who wants to listen to the Kraken get butchered live?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNAdnT53MZA

https://mobile.twitter.com/marceelias/status/1335980197305315336

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1336690648276152328

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1336691827320233984

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

cr0y posted:

Do we have any idea when SCOTUS might throw out this Texas case? Want me some chud tears

This guy is as good a source as any

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You folks talking like schools aren't already all open and have been since September are blowing my mind.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

they haven't been, here, they have been varying shades of "partially open", and that is changing rapidly as our count rises, I'm sort of expecting a total shutdown before or after Christmas

https://education.vermont.gov/news/covid-19-guidance-vermont-schools/reopening-status-of-vermont-public-schools

Yeah, well, me and my public school teacher wife aspire to move to Vermont at some point, heh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I posted about it in the Corona thread, but closing schools full stop is gonna gently caress 20 million+ kids out of a reliable school lunch from the nation's second biggest food assistance program.

I only post that because that never seems to come up whenever this subject is spoken of.

It does come up, and when we went remote last year (and when schools go temporarily online now) the schools continue to provide sack lunch pickups every day. Which is to say that there's a straightforward solution for that.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

we'd love to have you; our schools are a mix of awesome and super hosed up, and if you have any questions about our experience relocating here, feel free to PM me! Also if you're in the area and want legitimately free cannabis or shatter, hit me up (offer valid for any D&D goons over 21 that happen through VT in a way that adheres to our COVID mandates).

My sister is in the process of applying for a teaching job here.

Hey, thanks! We're in Utah at the moment, and we're getting tired of being gaslit by our state government, lol. Also Utah is most likely not a good long-term place to settle when it comes to climate.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Willo567 posted:

This is scary as poo poo.

Ehh, not really. Maybe generally. It's not going to stop this case from being thrown the gently caress out/not even accepted.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A big flaming stink posted:

by the way, elon's grain silo rocket took off about 15 minutes ago

it flew for about 7 minutes then exploded

https://twitter.com/AmazingSpace2/status/1336806025354211331

Elon Musk is a moron dickhole, but this is what rocketry looks like, generally speaking.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I only pop into this thread during moments like this. Hey, everybody!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

Amazing :allears:

So that's every stupid lawsuit pretty much dead right? We can just sigh in relief and laugh now?

There are a few mini ones in the individual states left, but nothing of consequence.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marceelias/status/1337393127481618433

That's yesterday's wrap up, so those numbers don't include today's wins (it's 1 loss, 57 wins as of now).

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

A minor but meaningful mental health breakthrough for me this year was making peace with the fact that I would be honestly very happy to see people die who have access to levers of power or pulpits who do not use them at all or use them to actively make other people's lives worse or harm other people. I feel bad for that schmuck's little kids because I empathize with them via my own kids, but he did that to his own family. Likewise, I will be very glad when Limbaugh dies, and I was happy to hear he had an expiration date scheduled for the near future.

I am ok with this. In fact, I think it is an ethical and moral mindset to have.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

i am a moron posted:

This presupposes such an enormous amount about your own interpretation of reality, the certitude of your own opinions, and represents such an enormous lack of basic human decency that declaring it ethical and moral is nothing short of preposterous. I say this as someone who almost certainly agrees with your stances on everything. Rationalizing your way to declaring hatred ethical is not a healthy way to interact with reality.

That's fair enough, and what's absent in my self-important write up is the very fine granularity to which I slice it all up. The discussion about this I had with my therapist was around Bolsanaro and Trump getting sick and how I felt kinda bad that I found myself hoping they would die. I concluded that I didn't have to feel bad about actively hoping those 2 would die because they are active and real threats to billions of lives.

Further down the spectrum, though, I never hoped that this LA guy would bite it, nor do I walk around thinking about Limbaugh and spitting foam that he's still breathing, but I'm not going to mourn either of them either (even if I do feel bad that there are a couple of innocent kids who are missing their father), and I do agree that if you're going to actively seek to obtain the levers of power in order to use them to suppress and continue the destruction of our ecosystem, then happy trails.

If you still label this as "not a healthy way to interact with reality", then so be it and acknowledged. I do not live in healthy times and I am not a healthy person, but I'm no longer going to feel bad about recognizing the novelty of poetic justice spontaneously occurring in a chaotic world.

mutata fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 31, 2020

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Say what you will, Schumer's speech was exponentially better than Biden's, lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

God drat I hate Mike Lee.

Mittens is obnoxious but he's by far my favorite senator out of our 2, lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cacator posted:

My friend have you tried LSD?

If only I knew where to safely get some then I could cut back my therapy to every other week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Grim.

https://twitter.com/Ashli_Babbitt/status/1345125644888281088