Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I ❤ 🐼

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Just noticed the ED is from the same artists who did Beastars' OP.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 31, 2020

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pootybutt posted:

Just noticed the ED is from the same artists who did Beastars' OP.
It's legit one of my favorite songs of the year. There's just such a ridiculously rich amount of joie de vivre in the song that it legit puts me in the mood to boogie something fierce.

:emptyquote:

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
I love how they just move on without explaining Panda at all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I see that people have started using the ending for other series and I goddamn hope this becomes a trend because this is beautiful.

(Jojo spoilers, including for parts that aren't in the anime yet)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDvx1_gpy9A

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I....am surprised how much Nanamin and Kira's whole look overlap

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I see that people have started using the ending for other series and I goddamn hope this becomes a trend because this is beautiful.

(Jojo spoilers, including for parts that aren't in the anime yet)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDvx1_gpy9A

Ok that Joseph part is spot on, I love this

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Time for Gojou vs Jougo. And Jougo is a Curse roughly half as powerful as a full powered Sukuna.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Panda will win.

Panda always wins.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Jujutsu Kaisen's particular mix of comedy and horror was on full display this episode, and it ruled. It's a bit jarring to go from a restaurant full of people being burned alive to Itadori & Gojo's absolute delight of a training session, but that's all part of the appeal of this series. Eagerly anticipating next week's showdown.

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 7, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I laughed way too much at doodle Yuuji.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Humor in this isn't really doing it for me (had same problem with Demon Slayer, though thank god nobody in this is as bad as Zenitsu), but I guess most people enjoy it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I wanted to do a Dodon Ray..

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

demon slayer took the jar jar binks approach to comic relief, this show is vastly better imo

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Never watched Demon Slayer, but I am digging Yuuji in general and the weird comedy that keeps happening.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Jujutsu Kaisen's particular mix of comedy and horror was on full display this episode, and it ruled. It's a bit jarring to go from a restaurant full of people being burned alive to Itadori & Gojo's absolute delight of a training session, but that's all part of the appeal of this series. Eagerly anticipating next week's showdown.

It's interesting, because it didn't work so well for me, despite my love of Chainsaw Man. I thought the humor worked, and horror was alright (although it was hurt a bit by the lack of tension. There was no way that anyone was going to be allowed to leave alive once people started igniting.) but I feel like the mix is less organic than in Chainsaw Man. At least, so far.

In Chainsaw man, the humor and horror feel more of a piece. Horrible things happen, and sometimes they're so absurd you have to laugh, while other times they're so absurd reality as you know it breaks down and primal fear kicks in, and sometimes the absurdity is overwhelmed by the tragedy. Here, it feels like a less solid connection.

Like, Gojo's jokes when things are horrible come from him being used to horrible things happening and so absurdly overpowered nothing scares him. All to the good. But the goofy humor with the students when they thought Itadori was dead didn't mesh so well. There was too much reaction for it to feel like they just were too used to death to not give a drat any more, but too little to feel real.

For Chainsaw Man comparisons, it wasn't Himeno's half-assed memorial to the dead rookie when she was getting drunk off her rear end, but it wasn't her own death, either. (Or her memorial, which blended humor and feeling perfectly).

I know that comparing two different manga, even in the same magazine, can be rather unfair, but Chainsaw Man somehow feels totally self-assured jumping from humor to tragedy to all out action, while here there's a bit of a record scratch that can make the scenes shifting mode feel awkward.

But again, it's still early. Maybe it smooths out a bit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For a little surprise. Jougo is the strongest of the villain group.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So I guess Gojou wasn't talking poo poo when he said he could beat Sukuna. :stare:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
:hellyeah:

Absolutely gorgeous fight!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Excited to the most advanced curse slaying weapon of all in the preview, "a gun"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Excited to the most advanced curse slaying weapon of all in the preview, "a gun"

Hey, works in Chainsaw Man.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Centzon Totochtin posted:

We already know that a Handgun is all that is needed to take out Grade 3 Curses or below (If Mundane weapons worked on Curses)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://store.crunchyroll.com/collections/suspense-horror/products/jujutsu-kaisen-special-grade-cursed-object-ryomen-sukunas-finger-proplica
You too can order a super gross cursed finger prop.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm glad there is a specific Do Not Eat warning

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I'm glad there is a specific Do Not Eat warning

lmao

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The English dub starts next week.

Adam McArthur as Yūji Itadori
Robbie Daymond as Megumi Fushiguro
Anne Yatco as Nobara Kugisaki
Kaiji Tang as Satoru Gojō
Ray Chase as Ryōmen Sukuna

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The VA for Marco Diaz ending up voicing Itadori seems rather... out of the ordinary.

Everyone else seems fine.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
This is the only half decent shounen I've seen in probably several years.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Love these nerds, what a great cast of characters

Buzzsaw Roomba fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 21, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Todou is the best

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Toudou :allears:

I'm loving the soundtrack too

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Toudou is an experience.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Panda's human hands weird me out. It's like that deer from Adventure Time

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He's a Panda. A panda voiced by Domon Kasshu and Kanji Tatsumi's VA. His hands need to be ready to make fists. :colbert:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

This is perfect.

This show is also pretty fun and I'm pretty firmly sticking to my guns and not going and reading the manga immediately to find out what happens. Which I think speaks to its strengths. Either that or hell year has drained me.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its the boy
My boy
Soon to be your boy too

Todo

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I appreciate Nobara always being willing to talk smack no matter what.

Also bless this girl.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nobara is a smart girl. She understands that there's only a finite number of things you can possibly give a gently caress about and has decided to spend her fucks to give wisely.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ibblebibble posted:

I appreciate Nobara always being willing to talk smack no matter what.

Also bless this girl.

Miwa is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mai is already a significantly better character in the anime than she ever was in the manga and that's because of the Juju Scroll this week alone. I'm taking it as canon.