Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

In an attempt to get back into drawing, I picked up a used Microsoft Surface 4 last year and it's worked pretty good for me. Digital sketching and inking seems to suit me more than pencil and paper.

The only issue is that the surface is a little on the small side, after accounting for toolbars, the usable drawing space is a bit cramped. So I've been looking to upgrade to something a bit bigger.

Mainly, I'm trying to decide between the Lenovo Flex 5 convertible laptop or a refurbished Surface Book 1 (later surface books are outside of my budget) and I'm trying to figure out which one might be the better deal.

Mainly, I'm trying to figure out if the Lenovo Flex is a worthwhile digital drawing tablet. I can find both around the same price point, but the Lenovo would be new rather than refurbished and it would have a slightly (.5 inch) bigger screen, so if they're both roughly equivalent when it comes to drawing quality, I might as well go for the Lenovo.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of another good digital drawing tablet PC or convertible laptop in the 600-800$ price range I'm open to suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU