Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
RF and I were masons. This was very sad indeed to me. I am sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Amnistar posted:

From Mafia Roles:

"A Beloved Princess is a player who, upon death, causes the next Day phase to be skipped."

So probably a variation on that? Loved is usually the extra vote, beloved in penalties to the town for killing them.

RF could cop someone? Or that's what he claimed. :shrug:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The target was Grandicap FYI,

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Natural 20 posted:

Smells like vengeance.

Vengeance for Jeabus.

Okay is this an actual thing? I'm not sure if this is a joke or an actual meta read.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Got any game analysis you wanna talk about instead of just mechanics and anime gimmick chat?

Sure do! You were extremely helpful in making sure that biaga was mislunched and ensuring votes went through. Sci was on the biaga train literally the whole of day 1. So yes. I think you're scummy, and I still think Sci is scummy. I'm very suspicious of your last minute swerve off of Sci and onto Biaga and I'm wondering if you were just bussing Sci on D1.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

Sure do! You were extremely helpful in making sure that biaga was mislunched and ensuring votes went through. Sci was on the biaga train literally the whole of day 1. So yes. I think you're scummy, and I still think Sci is scummy. I'm very suspicious of your last minute swerve off of Sci and onto Biaga and I'm wondering if you were just bussing Sci on D1.

Last minute?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

RF could cop someone? Or that's what he claimed. :shrug:

Sounds inconsistent with the flip, but it's a lot easier to justify lying to your mason partner to try and get a feel for their alignment imo.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Uhhhh well this is interesting

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Last minute?

It was a couple hours before deadline, so I suppose while it wasn't last minute, it certainly helped shift momentum. But what about the rest of my post?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway, as for swerving off of Sci, I was prodding him and voting him because he was literally the only scummy thing around to even look at when nearly everyone else was not posting. I wasn't happy about that being my only option, cause Sci is a strong effort player out the gate, which reminds me of myself, and thus feels real lovely to lunch him as early as D1. drat straight I voted someone else once there was actually anything worth voting for. I still don't know what the hell Biaga was on about even looking back knowing now he's town, calling me and Sci sowing dissent to frame others or some poo poo, when there was no one else except Nat around to even talk to. It was scummy as hell and I'd do it again.

Now that it's D2 though, and Biaga didn't pan out, I am getting concerned that Sci could still actually be scum and his level of effort will make me always shy away from wanting to follow through until I get convinced of his hard towniness. Also known as "The KB Zone"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

It was a couple hours before deadline, so I suppose while it wasn't last minute, it certainly helped shift momentum. But what about the rest of my post?

It was literally as soon as I woke up though. So don't make me go look up the actual timestamps cause I know that was more than just "a couple" hours

About the rest of your post, hope that's covered now in the one I just made

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway, as for swerving off of Sci, I was prodding him and voting him because he was literally the only scummy thing around to even look at when nearly everyone else was not posting. I wasn't happy about that being my only option, cause Sci is a strong effort player out the gate, which reminds me of myself, and thus feels real lovely to lunch him as early as D1. drat straight I voted someone else once there was actually anything worth voting for. I still don't know what the hell Biaga was on about even looking back knowing now he's town, calling me and Sci sowing dissent to frame others or some poo poo, when there was no one else except Nat around to even talk to. It was scummy as hell and I'd do it again.

Now that it's D2 though, and Biaga didn't pan out, I am getting concerned that Sci could still actually be scum and his level of effort will make me always shy away from wanting to follow through until I get convinced of his hard towniness. Also known as "The KB Zone"

Actually, speaking of level of effort, what's your thought on Q? They only have eight posts in the entire thread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

Actually, speaking of level of effort, what's your thought on Q? They only have eight posts in the entire thread.

Well, literally their second game and all. That's a decent enough excuse.

Their own posting leaves next to nothing to analyze but once it's no longer 3am over here and I've had some more sleep, I'm meaning to mentally mock up two different scenarios: what I'd expect scum to do if Sci is town and D1 was a town vs town situation where they didn't need to give a poo poo, and what I'd expect scum to do if Sci was scum and had votes parked on him that early. Hopefully Q's minimal content will make some blip in that vote-analysis context.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Either way I'm going to stick with my biggest read of D1:

##vote Sci

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hang on wait, what is this

SolusLunes posted:

Sure do! You were extremely helpful in making sure that biaga was mislunched and ensuring votes went through. Sci was on the biaga train literally the whole of day 1.

This is not true. Most of D1 was just farting around in jokephase and anime chat and lurking till we tried to seriouspost for a while but no one else showed up. Sci didn't "get on the Biaga train" until Biaga showed up to post the scummy thing. Only at that point did Sci vote and hold. A move I sympathise with heavily since I woke up and had the exact same reaction: "Holy poo poo this is scummy, way more than scummy enough for D1, hot drat let's go with this"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And now since I went to look back I did check the freakin timestamps. My vote was at 5:30 am my time, which was seven and a half hours before deadline. I voted as early as I possibly could which still left a lot of time in play.

Sci's vote was around 10:30 pm my time, so seven hours before me. Sci's "literally all of D1" vote on Biaga was only two time units of what you consider last minute.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

And now since I went to look back I did check the freakin timestamps. My vote was at 5:30 am my time, which was seven and a half hours before deadline. I voted as early as I possibly could which still left a lot of time in play.

Sci's vote was around 10:30 pm my time, so seven hours before me. Sci's "literally all of D1" vote on Biaga was only two time units of what you consider last minute.

Wow god I'm dumb I went back to quote your assistance and it turns out it was a grandicap post:

Grandicap posted:

You forgot the hashes, you need to format correctly to get it to count.

i apologize bif pls to convert my suspicion of you to grandicap

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Well I don’t like the biaga flip, obviously, but I don’t think Sci is necessarily scummy for their vote. I’ll reread when I have time later for the exchanges, but for my vote at least it was focused on what I thought was feigned scumhunting, which apparently was actual scumhunting. Sorry, Biaga!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

Wow god I'm dumb I went back to quote your assistance and it turns out it was a grandicap post:

i apologize bif pls to convert my suspicion of you to grandicap

I thought you were suspicious of me before anyway! :v:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought you were suspicious of me before anyway! :v:

Well yes that's just the default "bif is always scum when I'm town" suspicion though

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

What was RF's reasoning for Grandicap?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote Nat 20 because effort is never rewarded. Yeah I wouldn't put it past RF to lie to me. :( It's really sad.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

In the words that are surely paraphrased and not exact wording: grandicap sus

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay first part of a new day recap, let's look at RF's posting:

Retro Futurist posted:

Wow that isn't what I said at all, I'm pretty sure that's illegal

So from RF's statements, this is the only one that I can see that would imply cop of any sort and it's from joke phase.

Beyond that RF's only statement of importance was their vote on Sci and I discussed that to death yesterday as being relatively low effort but still reasonable.

So the only thing I'd suspect is a potential Sci sus still from the NK, but that's pretty limited.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yeah I’m not sure about the Sci angle, Biaga was new but they were acting a bit cagey jumping at shadows, so I don’t think the vote and scrutiny was unwarranted. That said, grandi doesn’t look too great after that flip, and I don’t really see any other cases RF was tracking that would make them a priority target if that is what we’re examining.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm sorry? How does RF's flip make me look bad?
If Toal is his mason, and RF told them that I was going to be the cop choice, the only way that gets back to me is if Toal is my scum buddy.
If Toal is my scumbuddy, they just wouldn't have announced that RF told them that I was RF's target.

I'm just not following the logic here.
Saying I am scummy for being an active defender of Sci is a reasonable reason to be suspicious of me. But that is a little hasty without a flip.

That being said, my read on nat20 is lessened due to Biaga's flip. I will have to reread to recenter my reads.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Unless the masonry is more than 2 people, or was, rather. Then that whole line of discussion falls apart and I would totally vote me based on it.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

My legs are aching, I am very very tired, who is scum?

I think Solus is being pretty disingenuous and forcing his case on me, and it’s always easy to tunnel on your D1 read.

Nat20 is still suspicious to me.

Bif seems town.

I saw someone say that Q_res is new, so I will probably give them the benefit of the doubt I should have given Biaga.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Also, much to my children’s amusement, my butt hurts

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I don’t think we can draw any conclusion whatsoever from Toal being masons with RF, or RF supposedly planning on investigating Grandi

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Scientastic posted:

Bif seems town.

SUS

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I know, I was surprised myself

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok. Done with all my busy weekend kid stuff, but apparently there is a Disco Dating fangame so I will not be settling in to effortpost again until I can get Kim Kitsuragi to at least hold my frickin hand

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok. Done with all my busy weekend kid stuff, but apparently there is a Disco Dating fangame so I will not be settling in to effortpost again until I can get Kim Kitsuragi to at least hold my frickin hand

Yay turns out I wasn't too far off the first time through :kimchi:

Also turns out trying to overanalyse this D1 any further is proving hard since my brain was burnt to a crisp this weekend, so how bout I just stick with a good ol Lumpenlist

I'm not feeling particularly great about anyone as actively townie, so I'll just go from scummiest to less-scummiest

#1 Scummiest gutfeel rn: Kimball Gumball Gumption

I was getting some vague vibes about him yesterday. Starting from here:

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean, I like the poo poo literally everyone likes. And Cardcaptor, watched the poo poo out of that as a kid.

Also dang you have a lot of joke votes on you.

I mean it's technically true since Toal had left that blatant jokevote on Sci since the start of the game, and RF was just following along with it. (in hindsight, to signal his solidarity as a mason breadcrumb) Then Nat's third vote could've been more serious at that point, but it still had a comedic tone to it. But I had cast my 4th vote on Sci very seriously. For some reason, GG needing to point out how many of Sci's votes were jokevotes makes me uneasy. Like they could be scumbros and he wants to make sure this momentum dissipates. But even if Sci's not really scum, I didn't like how GG bothered to comment on the high number of jokevotes just when things were starting to transition to serioustime, and then he went on to continue with a new meaningless jokepost of his own:

Gumball Gumption posted:

##vote SolusLunes

A dangerous influence

If GG was concerned about the jokevotes at all, why not bother to call me out at all for piling on an unusually high jokevote kickstart? I just got the heebie jeebies about the whole thing.

Oh but then he did post this about me instead:

Gumball Gumption posted:

This feels performative considering every Sci post inbetween this one and the Bifauxnen post before it looks like a joke to me.

Calling my post he quoted performative just seemed odd, and even more odd was that he didn't bother to vote me or nothing when all he was sitting on was a total jokevote and this was the first serious point he'd made all game. And again, if he had even the slightest suspicion on me, why not comment on how much I was pushing momentum on Sci?

Gumball did seem to be walking it back real soon though, by questioning Biaga:

Gumball Gumption posted:

What makes you think they're working together?

But as we know, Biaga was town all along so this was probably a much easier thing to question and attack once he stuck his neck out that much.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Eh, I don't know. I think you latched onto my post of Bif being performative and are now trying to yes and it. Honestly the scummiest thing about Sci right now is how quickly he wants to get a kill but I agree with the target so it's not that scummy. ##Vote Biaga

Continuing to support the Biaga thing, while mentioning his earlier post about me being performative... only to make it seem like his post there shouldn't be taken too seriously or scrutinised, look here at Biaga who's way more scummy for agreeing! And the way it twists around to Sci here feels odd too in a way I'm too wiped and beat to eloquently describe.

This went on way longer than I expected so rest of Lumpenlist later

##vote Gumball

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh, also this from today:

Gumball Gumption posted:

If that's what I was doing wouldn't I have taken the out anyway and swap my vote or try to push us into a D1 no lunch because we ran out of time? I could of just claimed his last post convinced me he was newbie town and not scum like I thought.

Lol no,why would you want to make yourself look conspicuously responsible for a no-lunch, by being around to vote at one point but the taking your vote away and never getting around to putting it back? That'd look infinitely scummier than mislunching some townie D1

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh wait apparently I went over that already lol

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

sandnavyguy posted:

Yeah I’m not sure about the Sci angle, Biaga was new but they were acting a bit cagey jumping at shadows, so I don’t think the vote and scrutiny was unwarranted. That said, grandi doesn’t look too great after that flip, and I don’t really see any other cases RF was tracking that would make them a priority target if that is what we’re examining.

I don't like this post. I disagree that there is no point in analyzing votes on Biaga (and Sci) based on Biaga's flip. Ignoring voting and posting and going into hypotheticals about why was RF killed is focusing on the wrong part of the game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I've also been staring at that SNG post, and looking at his echoing use of "jumping at shadows", but failing to remember if he was town or scum in the last time I think I remember him doing that echoey thing

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Of course, statistically speaking it was prolly scum heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
It's been percolating...and I'm gonna go ahead and ##vote SNG

The defense of the votes on Biaga, plus the pivot to focus on Grandi without actually casing them, just saying that RF's flip makes Grandi look bad, feels like prepping for a grandi town flip with "Oh but the dead cop said he was sus, don't blame me"