Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I know absolutely nothing about this anime but that rule sounds fun, I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

oh I like the gifs!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Grandicap posted:

Oooh, a whole lotta names I don't recognize. Who's new, and who do I just not know?

I'm gumball and I guess I'm new but like I've played mafia a bunch so don't go easy on me ok!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I was going to read about this anime but the wiki page scared my pet bird. He just started screaming the second he saw anime

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

Long ago there was a great and fearful mafia player.

After wandering the scum plains for many years and foiling both town and mafia alike he wandered into the wastelands never to be seen again.

Until now.

Drawn by the lure of trashy anime he has arisen once again and foolish be those mortals who think that they may best him, for they shall know the power that is.

Natural 20.

Burma Shave

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh wow so much scum

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

I had to look this up.

drat Yanks.

Incredibly suspicious

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Scientastic posted:

So who here actually likes anime?

I mean, I like the poo poo literally everyone likes. And Cardcaptor, watched the poo poo out of that as a kid.

Also dang you have a lot of joke votes on you.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

##vote SolusLunes

A dangerous influence

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kiki was easily my favorite movie as a kid and as an adult I realized it was mostly about how work can make you feel alienated and depressed so I only love it more.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Thanks for the check-in Toal, wasn't actually thinking of you in that post since you hadn't bothered to show up to post about anime but not Mafia

All this quiet makes me wanna vote Sci a bit less though, cause even if he's being sketchy at least he posts poo poo

This feels performative considering every Sci post inbetween this one and the Bifauxnen post before it looks like a joke to me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Biaga posted:

Bif and sci are jumping at shadows pretty hard. It is like they are coordinating their actions to spread dissent and acuse others for their own benefit.

What makes you think they're working together?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Biaga posted:

The last few posts between them seem driven by the same goal of pinbing focus and votes on a single person. Their posts and opinions are empty and hallow in focus and drive and are less about finding value and more driven by removing someone cuse "lunch d1!!!". The fact that they are jumping on my so quickly without defending themselves doesn't help justifying their actions.

Eh, I don't know. I think you latched onto my post of Bif being performative and are now trying to yes and it. Honestly the scummiest thing about Sci right now is how quickly he wants to get a kill but I agree with the target so it's not that scummy. ##Vote Biaga

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's both odd that the votes are so low effort and that Sci is acting like it's real momentum. But Sci is like 4th down on my suspicion list right now so I'm still happy with my vote.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Grandicap posted:

How is 5/7 not momentum? Especially on d1 where literally anything can be the impetus for an execution.

It is but it pings me as odd just because it's not the argument I'd take it I was in Sci's spot. It's artificial momentum from some joke votes and lazy effort. I feel like Sci ignored that and more went after this as it it was real momentum on weak arguments. It's a null read overall but it pings me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Really quiet and I'm very surprised we've not seen anything from Biaga yet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If he's scum he probably was told to hush and his friends would dig him out of the hole.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

##unvote

I just want to let him defend himself without a hammer slam. Still my pick to lunch.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nah but I'll be around and it seems like a nice thing for a newbie.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, my gut says lunch. Sorry. I'm being influenced by just using my newbie card as scum but like, it works.

vote Biaga

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

##Vote Biaga

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Biaga (6): Scientastic, sandnavyguy, Gumball Gumption, Bifauxnen, Amnistar, Grandicap, -Gumball Gumption, Gumball Gumption
Scientastic (5): Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, Natural 20, Bifauxnen, Biaga, -Natural 20, SolusLunes, -Bifauxnen, Natural 20
Toalpaz (1): Q_res
Amnistar (0): Natural 20, -Natural 20
sandnavyguy (0): Bifauxnen, -Bifauxnen, Scientastic, -Scientastic
Bifauxnen (0): Scientastic, -Scientastic
SolusLunes (0): Bifauxnen, -Bifauxnen, Gumball Gumption, -Gumball Gumption
Natural 20 (0): Amnistar, sandnavyguy, -sandnavyguy, -Amnistar, Grandicap, -Grandicap
Grandicap (0): Bifauxnen, -Bifauxnen, Amnistar, -Amnistar

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is October 14th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's about 37 minutes from this post.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Amnistar posted:

From Mafia Roles:

"A Beloved Princess is a player who, upon death, causes the next Day phase to be skipped."

So probably a variation on that? Loved is usually the extra vote, beloved in penalties to the town for killing them.

I'm not sure how mini golf and greek food, with pictures, did not win this challenge. But I am going to put that down to my poor prose instead of poor date idea.
I have excellent taste.

##vote Gumball

This jumps out to me in light of the flip. Like thinking there might be a claim that would result in Biaga not getting executed and then Gumball coming across as pro-town for not pushing it.

If that's what I was doing wouldn't I have taken the out anyway and swap my vote or try to push us into a D1 no lunch because we ran out of time? I could of just claimed his last post convinced me he was newbie town and not scum like I thought.

There is probably scum who voted for Biaga but I'm looking at SNG or Q_Res. SNG had an explanation for a different play style but then spent most of the game defending that and voted like an afterthought. Q_Res entire contribution was saying Biaga was a bad idea and then acting like we ran out of time and they had to vote Biaga to avoid no lunch.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Hi, I'm here. I'm posting.

Welcome to posting! Thoughts?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

The target was Grandicap FYI,

What was RF's reasoning for Grandicap?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So where is Q_Res?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, can't speak for Nat20 but mafia requires thinking and I didn't do much thinking this weekend. Also just not feeling a ton of pressure because well, just not. I'm vanilla town so like oh no if I flip.

Amnistar posted:

To clarify, I'm pretty sure Gumball was ready to move their vote to your after a claim from Biaga to "save" the PR if biaga claimed something, which makes it incredibly unlikely that you're scum.

Nah, only thing that was going to get me to change my vote from Biaga was if he claimed something important, I mostly didn't want us to stumble into lunching a newbie who also had the poo poo luck of being the cop or something. And I didn't have a specific target, it was going to be a lot of re-reading to figure out our best lunch that wasn't Biaga.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Scientastic posted:

But still reading along and responding to a call out? loving Hell GG, come on, there's been stuff to comment on and you are deliberately lurking.

##Vote GG

lol yeah, I had a great weekend. Anyways I'm the weird kid's grandma.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

GUMBALL WHERE ARE YOU EVERYONE THINKS YOU'RE SCUM
yo, I'm vanilla town and the grandma
WHY ARE YOU RESPONDING LIKE YOU HAVE PRESSURE ON YOU?!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Anyways I'll do a deep read on everyone in a bit though I think it's super funny Q_Res also got away with

Q_res posted:

I've reread the thread like 4 times and I can't get a good read on anybody. :emo:

right after I called Q_Res out but that didn't get a peep from Sci about intentionally lurking

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

SNG are you claiming thunderrod or what? lmao

I think SNG is claiming they wrote the winning story.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Scientastic posted:

You have two votes

A grandma with 2 votes!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Scientastic posted:

And the idea that I was setting up GG no matter how he responded ignores the fact that he responded within minutes of being called out. That’s not just not being active, that’s reading along and relying because you’ve been mentioned

lol yeah I checked on the thread during my work break and check in now and then during work but didn't really this weekend because I didn't want to think this weekend. This argument is unhinged and can't be the best you have if you really think I'm scum. You don't really think I'm scum.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bif - lots of scum hunting. Feels mostly town though likes to put out a lot of noise to look productive. Could maybe be scum trying to control the narrative but if that was true I think Bif would of been more active this day phase.
Armnistar - No solid read on Armnistar. Slightly more scum than town but low effort either way.
Natural 20 - Strong town read, lots of hunting. Could use more activity this day phase but both days give me a strong town feel.
Q_res - Low effort, happy to lunch. Feels more like newbie scum than newbie town and if they are town should at least make an effort. Really has just parroted people.
SNG - Scummy, has really only played to survive. Happy to lunch.
Scientastic - Honestly no idea if this is town or scum. Every single target you have no matter what you're fully convinced they're scum until you're not. Could be convinced to lunch.
SolusLunes - Tentitive town. Scum hunting but in a low key way that could just be about keeping pressure off.
Tolpaz - Low effort and the mason claim is really easy We have no way at all to confirm it so what a great early scum claim. All of the bread crumbing is loose enough that I don't fully buy that it's actually bread crumbs.

Anyone I didn't mention - idk, no real read. Post more I guess.

sandnavyguy posted:

Wait there’s a grandma in here? Who’s grandmother Gumball?

The anime kid who died and is also what this game is about? His grandmother.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Grandicap posted:

I am not on your list.

Yeah, still feeling you out so I just don't have any sort of solid opinion. Town shaped blur I guess.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also re-reading Scientastic, feels slightly more scummy than town. I'm wrong about latching onto stuff and not letting go. That was last game. This feels sloppier in a scummy way, latching on and letting go when no one else bites.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

##Vote SNG

Feels the scummiest so it's where I'm dropping my vote right now. Going back to work.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah but I'm the grandma

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Grandma Gumball Gumption, it's funny. I'm the grandma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Q_res posted:

I'm heading off to work right now, I'm not sure how much I'll get to check in. SNG is flailing, but I still think it could be town flailing.

Gumball seems to be a little obsessed with me, though he never engages with me. Just tries to point me out to anyone looking at him with a "hey, what about him!" post.

##vote Gumball

Point me in the direction of the thread where you posted content to engage with and I'm down to engage with it.