Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
ABC if they feel like it and gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
You're deff going to be loving off unless there's an incredible level of write ins to counter the previous vote.

This is about loving off literally right now, or after a few final things, and how many things if it's not this very second.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Yeah, if our mates want to give the ghost touchers a hand let them, idk either way but if they do I won't begrudge them an hour or two to do whatever estoric things they want.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
B
Lemon is a magical dog and dogs are good at sensing whether we need to bounce or not.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
ABC

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Outrail posted:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lemon runs into the forest and not that much later comes back. Apparently the caves are enchanted to magically evilly move around like some shifting hell maze, but it's probably not a big deal. She did make sure to seal off the entrance really well so that ghosts couldn't just waltz out. Almost certainly whatever is in there is going to try and lure people in and try to trick them into loving up the old seals and releasing some kind of horrible thing or other, so probably the archeologists should only let trained non-morons in there.

Mary leaves behind some monster traps, and Felix tries to enchant a weapon. Instead he accidentally transforms it into a giant hornet which stings him and flys off into the forest. Welp, a few days rest and some poultices will take care of that.

You collect your people and your beasts and bid the archeology team farewell. Days unfurl like the sails of the ship and soon you've arrived at the Spice Islands!

Wait a drat minute, this wasteland isn't the spice islands at all!
"No, Miss Zlata, a... slight detour." The captain assures you he's only stopped here for a brief half day because it will be his last chance to speak with an old friend. They'll be off from the hidden island in no time, but he cautions you that it could be unwise to leave your things unsecured in the meantime, if you choose to disembark yourself. You get the feeling he'd be happier if everyone else stayed on the boat but he's also somewhat afraid to tell you what to do.

This seems odd, but there's something in Cannius's notes about a salty island, you pop the book open and he has an entry near the end.

Corno's Exemplary Guide to the Spice Islands posted:

So much flowery-but-clumsy language... this must be the "Secret Island," one of a handful of islands far enough away from the continent to be unclaimed, yet short of the Spice Islands themselves and pretty much lawless. Cannius claims it's full of pirates, brigands, thieves, occult practitioners, warlocks, witches, oathbreakers, etc etc. It has a few unique geographic features. Hmm.

The captain is serious about not taking long here, so you:
A:
Continue to read about this place and lose track of time. The captain would think this is the best option. Mary would agree, there's nothing here that's good.
B: Sell off the loot! Nobody will ask questions! Probably these hardened ultra criminals will not also rob you! Everyone thinks this is a bad idea.
C: Pirates eh? Check them out and drink grog or whatever. Toby actively wants this and is practically begging you to let him go.
D: Warlocks eh? Could be worth it to get some weird charm. Felix would be cautious but optimistic.
E: Just explore the island some, and see what there is to see. This is the kind of thing Lemon would support.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
E: Day hike with dog.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Felix tries to enchant a weapon. Instead he accidentally transforms it into a giant hornet which stings him and flys off into the forest.

The captain is serious about not taking long here, so you:
A:
Continue to read about this place and lose track of time. The captain would think this is the best option. Mary would agree, there's nothing here that's good.
B: Sell off the loot! Nobody will ask questions! Probably these hardened ultra criminals will not also rob you! Everyone thinks this is a bad idea.
C: Pirates eh? Check them out and drink grog or whatever. Toby actively wants this and is practically begging you to let him go.
D: Warlocks eh? Could be worth it to get some weird charm. Felix would be cautious but optimistic.
E: Just explore the island some, and see what there is to see. This is the kind of thing Lemon would support.

Felix, I ask. No. I demand you make me a crate full of magical murder hornets. Paint 'valuable, do not open or steal' on the side.

C, let's get into a bar fight with a pirate.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

Felix, I ask. No. I demand you make me a crate full of magical murder hornets. Paint 'valuable, do not open or steal' on the side.

C, let's get into a bar fight with a pirate.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

BE- have our guys sell some loot while drinking with pirates while we explore with doggy

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The old captain seems pretty serious about not leaving your crap unattended and so you ask Felix to prepare a swarm of deadly hornets and everyone except Toby will stay at the boat to keep it well guarded.

There's the barest suggestion of a path, but as you head inland you reach a sort of "settlement" made from broken pieces of shipwrecks and rough hewn rocks and stuff like that. The only tavern lacks a name, but not patrons or booze.

Every kind of renegade and criminal is crammed in here, even people who must surely be disgraced nobles, and newly minted cutthroat kings. You're quickly challenged to a contest... of drink!
But you've got to wager something...
A:
Nothing. You're not going to allow yourself to be pushed around by scum like this. Kick some rear end till you get respect.
B: Money.
C: A magic charm.
D: One of your weapons.
E: A piece of your armor.
F: Stampy.
Whatever you wager you'll get something similar if you win. Toby can help you cheat, but if he gets caught you'll have to fight the whole bar.
Cheat? y/n

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Offer up some charms if we want, but:
B Money they respect.
No on the cheating... for now. Yes we can't get too drunk.
They will have a million eyes on us and we could get our throat slit in an instant.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
    PS the way this will work is:
  • Depending on what you wager the opponent will be a different person, but it's going to be the same difficulty -- a hardened boozer
  • If you wager money it's going to be A LOT of money, enough that you might end up completely broke again
  • If you wager anything that's not money and win you'll get something that would otherwise be very difficult to obtain, even for a rich noble
  • If you get caught cheating or welch on the bet you'll have to fight the whole bar which will be pretty tough
  • If you win and they try to welch on the bet the whole bar will be against them and try to make them pay
  • Every round that you guys drink will make it harder to cheat because more people will be watching
  • It will go until someone concedes or is too drunk to stand.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Lux Animus posted:

Offer up some charms if we want, but:
B Money they respect.
No on the cheating... for now. Yes we can't get too drunk.
They will have a million eyes on us and we could get our throat slit in an instant.

Let's offer up some charms then then, C), and cheat early on just to get an edge.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 24, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
D, Y

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Two people simultaneously spot you and try the challenge, and they almost come to blows over it.

The first is a younger elf. She wants to challenge this "pollywog" for her bow. The other is an older human who wants to challenge her for her bracelet. Obviously they're arguing about you.

The bartender is a very large fish folk and suggests they just let the wug decide.

The guy slams a scuffed & corked glass bottle on the table. "This imp is a hell of a wager." The chick is not baking down and throws a firearm down. "Only a lunatic wants an imp! This lantaka's the real wager."

Well, your bow is very high quality, and is almost completely silent. The bracelet is the one that points you towards what you're hunting.

If this bottle actually contains an imp that could be good or bad. There's plenty of stories of people tricking them into service, or getting tricked by them and getting a bad end. On the other hand you're not familiar with this weapon other than it's obviously a real gun of some kind. You don't know offhand what's contraband and what's not.

A: Wager your bow vs the gun
B: Wager your bracelet vs the imp
C: Start a fight and use the chaos as cover to get the hell outta this mess

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 26, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A) :hellyeah:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
C

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

An upgrade? Yes please

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C

This is suddenly really dumb and likely rigged, let's gtfo.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol I swear to god these days it seems every time it's a tie. Probably i should have put more effort into writing this situation.

The gun is for real a real gun, but it's much different from other ones you've seen and you aren't sure how someone's supposed to even hold it, and the bottle is for real very old and very weird, and almost certainly has something magical going on with it.

You can't check Cannius' notes right now or you'd look like a max level dweeb, but probably there's some mention if a legit imp or actual firearm is somehow contraband. There's pirates out here just waving all kinds of illegal poo poo around no problem. The Spice Islands at least do have a sorcerer king, so maybe they don't give a drat? The gun seems foreign enough to maybe have been forged there?

If anyone tries to cheat and gets caught the whole bar will flip out, and if a loser doesn't hand over their wager the bar will flip, or at least that's always how this kind of thing has gone before as far as you've seen. Trying to get out of a challenge like some kind of cowardly worm is grounds for an attempted rear end beating, at least in lovely dives and probably here, but the rest of the bar will not care or get involved if that happens.

You're noticeably rich with fancy stuff that people would want, but it's not like the place is full of dregs only, there are other rich people here who are pirates or maybe even nobles themselves. You know just based on the knowledge and experience you have that challenges like this are supposed to be relatively sporting and it's not like you're a totally naive buffoon who would get tricked into wagering a gold coin for a worthless stone, just a moderate-level buffoon.

What would Auntie Ell say if she knew you failed to rip off one of these idiots in such a simple challenge? Hmm, but what would she say if you walked into an obvious scam yourself? You've beat guys like this before, like when you riddle-dueled a barbarian leader last thread. He tried to back out and fight, but his own people kicked his rear end, handed you the win, and left off their raid. Would pirates be like that? :shrug: maybe.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Don't we have a charm that lets us detect when or where magic is being used?

I think we should focus on making sure we aren't being cheated more than we focus on cheating.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Lux Animus posted:

Don't we have a charm that lets us detect when or where magic is being used?

I think we should focus on making sure we aren't being cheated more than we focus on cheating.

You do, and you summon all your worldliness to give yourself an appraising expert sort of air. The pirates are fine letting you look over their stuff, because after all if you can wager something pricey you probably have your poo poo together. Or are very bold, or a lucky risk-taker, or stupid. All of these are things pirates in the bar have been bragging about.

First you look over the "lantaka."

It's strange and unwieldy. About the size of other guns you've seen, but very heavy and completely metal. If it had the wood part in the back that's certainly gone now, and while some expert corps directly under the king's command have guns at home, they're definitely not this. The pirate claims she took it from a rich trade vessel and laughingly admits she mostly uses it to intimidate juicy looking ships. It's not loaded but it shoots like a normal gun, and it could be the kind of thing you'd want to give the king when you get back home, assuming it works and his men could figure out how to make more. To be honest you're not sure why all his guns aren't big ones like this already.

Next is the so called "bottle imp."

It's plugged with a glass stopper that has a little loop and goes pretty far down the neck, further than the cork in a wine bottle. The only way it could get accidentally unstopped is if the neck itself broke. If you were thinking of opening it you're interrupted, "If any of you idiots pops that GOD DAMNED THING in my bar again, I'll send you to hell myself!" Yeesh.

It's much lighter than you expected, light as if it was empty, yet it obviously sloshes with some gross dark substance, and it feels like it sloshes, as if the stuff inside was heavy. Your amulet reacts, but not like it normally does.

Very strange.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 26, 2020

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
A, swivel cannon would be rad as hell

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I change my vote to imp bottle so

C to B

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

You plunk down your bow, much to the bottle guy's disappointment, and get ready to get rekt. And by get ready you mean cheat. And by get rekt you mean win and leave with your wits.

First round's no problem. You've got Toby sliding over your beers, and he slight of hands a little extra in the form of a certain herb to mitigate the booze some.
Second round. Practically nothing. Well, it's getting heavy. This isn't the grog from the Three Winds, that's basically water spiked to keep it from going nasty.
Third round. Solid, you got this. You're drunk, not tipsy, yes, but so's the pirate. You look around and the bar's hooting and hollering, some people are taking bets on your bet.

"So you ready to give in already?"
A: "Like hell!" Keep going but signal Toby to lay off the performance enhancers.
B: "Keep 'em coming," including the herbs.
C: Eh you might end up getting so drunk you have to be carted out, at this rate. Give up the bow and bail.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I'll always wanna push but I have to say
A) while we're ahead - we don't want to blow this situation up.

Have Toby check for cheating, in general. Also...

X) Let's light up a cigar and subtly hotbox our competition with our breath attack.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Lux Animus posted:

X) Let's light up a cigar and subtly hotbox our competition with our breath attack.

I like this plan

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Lux Animus posted:

I like it. Just the right kind of sneaky.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Lux Animus posted:

Sure

This is the second time someone's said breath attack, am I missing something?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
lol poo poo, yeah. Everything in the game has some kind of character sheet, here's a chunk of Zlata's

Zlata posted:

Level 15 Dumbass Niece
18/18 hp

Skills:
Noble Scion
Strong & Tough
Perceptive
Weed Breath

Light armor
Med. armor
Archer
Maces
Swordswoman
Martial Arts -- Diamond bolt

Horsewoman
Loyal Thugs
Criminal Connections
Grit
Herbalism
Poetics
Well Read
Magic Charms

You also have a ton of stuff, because you're a rich noble. Stampy, enchanted mace, a lot of magic charms, armor pieces from defeated foes, books, etc.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:psyboom:

I feel like I just started watching halfway through the season.

Also I clearly didn't pay attention when reading the op because I had no idea we were female or a lizard.

Can we weed breath ourselves into oblivion? How the hell do we get anything done?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Outrail posted:

Also I clearly didn't pay attention when reading the op because I had no idea we were female or a lizard.

Can we weed breath ourselves into oblivion? How the hell do we get anything done?

Yeah, I somehow lost the old thread and don't know how it ended. Can someone post a link to it?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Outrail posted:

no, Zlata cannot get high on her own supply, but she gets other people doped up from time to time. I think one of the first votes once she got picked was what kind of breath attack she had. The god of destruction only exists because someone wrote in atomic breath.

Volmarias posted:

Yeah, I somehow lost the old thread and don't know how it ended. Can someone post a link to it?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898797

It didn't really end I just got distracted and stopped updating. In the time skip between threads she successfully saved all the miners, lost all her hirelings except her steward, and completely hosed up the gala thing.

Also Zlata's level is a little bit off but the skill list is right, I had a bunch of notes all slammed into a folder randomly and looked at a wrong one.

Back home at your personal estate your other goons are a mix of humans, other dragonfolk, and elves, and there should be a letter coming in with an update on them -- it's just coincidental that all the vassals you have with you now are humans. You got your estate deed from the king for service in his army but the land's kinda lovely. Your aunt is a powerful noble of the realm but also the matriarch of dragonfolk for the region, and she's fine using her status for crimes purposes. Idk there's a bunch of other random stuff and those are some details that popped to mind. Your first for real job and main point of the first thread was to murder some adventurers who slandered Eluned, and these people were goons playing in another thread.

There's still a couple other threads that are ran by people so some characters are PCs instead of dudes i just made up, if you run into one of them try not to cheat by mind reading them. This time there's something else going on and you're probably not going to be tasked with murdering other players. You might end up enemies or allies or ambivalent or just never meet them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Man looking back there was a kinda weird style shift over time, and running threads that have different mechanisms -- cyoa with one character vs play by post everyone is someone -- sucks rear end when they interact directly. Prob i shouls just redraw Zlata and do some other characters when i can get some time.

"Light em if you've got em, I'm no push over."
Round 4: aaa you got this the smoke'll help
Round 5: aaaaa she's still going strong
Round 6: aaaaaaah poo poo
poo poo. You're completely plastered. Entirely blasted. Gotta just... focus. You ignore the jeering patrons. The pirate's gotta be just as bad off as you, if you can take it one more round could finish this off...

A: You know when you're beat. Give up while you can still stumble.
B: No. Power through one more round. You've got her on the ropes.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Brute peasants like this surely can't be stronger at drinking then a noble like ourselves

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Booze is life.

Are we cold or warm blooded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
warm, but slightly cooler than humans