Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

redm
giant/halfling hybrid
-jeet kune do adjacent improvisational fighting style
-limited experience with accidental inscribement of eldritch chaos gods rituals
-silver medallion that grants +10 to strength if wielding baseball bat with a x2 weakness to ice based attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character signs the contract and makes a request with procurement for a dealers choice baseball bat, a pocket sized blank notebook and a five pack of inkpens

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character tries to take a drink from a mug he thought he saw an arm sprout out of before setting it back on the bar once finding it to be empty, shrugging it off as a hallucination

"right... the desert...sure a map sounds good uh, can I also get a .22 rifle, box of rounds, canteen, compass, a frying pan, machete, couple flintstones, maybe a leather goosefeather sleeping bag and like a box of corn dogs?"

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character looks down as if to check his watch, staring blankly at his naked wrist

"crossbow it is then."

he introduces himself to the barrel man, dragon lady and talking strongbox before suggesting taking the standard route down the desert road to Xoma

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character observes the new traveler and tries to inform him that his beard is on fire while sketching out a fast rendition of the presented map on page one of his notebook

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character lights a pre-rolled cigarette and makes comment to Sam of their hot and girthy amount of internal storage space

"you hold a lot of poo poo, my dude. how does that work again?"

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character goes into a shop and trades the box of corn dogs for a melodica and spends the rest of the night playing despacito

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character plays 'zombie' by the cranberries on the melodica while continuing to sing the lyrics to despacito

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character absent mindedly strolls back to the wagon none-the-wiser, having stepped away long enough to enroll and graduate from bard college during the confrontation. he climbs onto the back of the mule and toots a few notes on the melodica. a glowing aura briefly beams from each member of the party.

"I guess I'm a bard, now. That school told me this melodica does magic stuff, but I can't remember what. Is that an angry mob? Should we leave?"

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

my character sits far enough away from camp to not disturb the others and attempts to start a small fire for warmth. he collects some dry brush and strikes a flintstone against the tip of an arrow bolt. I guess I'll roll for this.

d20 = (20) = 20

Well... uh a shower of sparks ignites the brush instantly. my character piles on some normal wood and uses the mouthpiece of the melodica to stoke the flames, bringing it to a nice toasty glow. pulling himself into his sleeping bag, he starts to draw various sigils in his notebook. sporadically, he every-so-often plays a tone from the melodica. the sigils emit a radiant glow from the pages, changing colors as the pitches shift. my character repeats this process while taking notes for several hours while the rest of the party recovers from their epic battle with the town of dulcimer.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character returns to camp and swings his bat at the bats

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character plays toccata and fugue in d minor

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character wanders into camp from the woods while reading a newspaper then builds a fire and tries to cook the fish monster

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character takes note of what sam said about the meat being poisonous and tries to isolate some of its venom to coat the tips of his arrows with being careful not to mess up any of the cookware in the process

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character dips a pen into one of the vials of stank meat drippings and tries to draw a circle with a capital letter A in the center of it on a page of his journal, chuckling to himself and jotting down lyrics to dead kennedy songs underneath it and one of those cool S things with the sharp corners too

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
"... oh drat lol"
my character shuts his journal and holds it up, examining the cover. stank meat vapors roll to the ground from its pages.
"hell yea thats that funky poo poo!"
my character pulls out his melodica and starts playing flashlight by parliament

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character plays hot blooded by foreigner

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character is next to the camp laying on top of a pallet of cured lumber. he sits up, yawning to open his scribe notes. the page he turns to has a drawing of a 3D cube with lyrics to pearl jams 'man in the box' underneath it. he peppers the page with underlined 100s before shutting the book.

"interesting reaction... but what does it mean"

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

SniperWoreConverse posted:

:rolldice: 17
As you close the book an image of Eddie Veder's face appears within the cube "you mean alice in chains?"

my character balks at the talking head in his book.

"whoa, its weird al..."

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character dips an arrow tip into his vial of stank meat juices and takes aim with his crossbow at the plant monster from behind sam. he also abstains from initiating an attack.

"are you going to try and reason with it first?"

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character fires an arrow at the plant monster and reloads his crossbow.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character puts away his crossbow and starts rifling through his sleeping bag while trying to find that melodica. during the search, he comes across a machete that had been requested at the beginning of the trip.

"...oh, right!"

my character attempts to free Dr. Night from the plant monsters death grip by hacking at its venus flytrap mouth with a dull machete.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
my character tries to set up a monster trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
hi I havent played since game 1 so im going to post real quick to say i plan to keep an eye on this thread and might want to play at some point ok thanks you guys have fun