Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

aturing our newest butt thread tag, in case you haven't noticed, we have that now. It makes every thread better, because of butts.

Check out last year's spoopy Halloween parade

Alright so because 2020 is a scary year and a scary year needs a scary BYOB, it's a law of physics. This year, we are going to make something a little bit different, as the usual we make avs and then buy them individually in the store is not an excellent option right now. Here's how's this supposed to work:
1. You request an av and/or sig ITT, feel free to specify ideas or let the artist's creativity flow freely, anything goes! Remember that the usual dimensions and limitations of avs apply (max 180x180px, 150kB, only GIF, PNG and JPGs, always work-safe). Sigs as usual.
1a. You offer to make someone else an av and/or sig! It's the greatest honor to be gifted a spooky av or sig and every artist who deserves a special place in heaven (the BYOB Goldmine).
2. You get an av and/or sig made, or make one yourself and post it here! Just tell me as soon as you're happy with your av, sigs can be enabled in your UCP at any time and any stage by yourself (User Control Panel -> Edit Profile -> Signature in [img] tags).
3. I'll collect finished avs by downloading them and placing them in my super comfortable av waiting area, where I also keep all the couches we stole with the spaceship, so they definitely will have it comfy.
4. As soon as we collected a majority/a good number/any good number that most people are happy with of avs, I'll pack them up and FedEx them to the admins, who will upload them to the servers.
5. al and me start queueing the uploaded avs for every poster and BYOB gets super scary as soon as the mod queue is being flushed and the changes go through.

Since I anticipate a certain time we will need to create avs, collect them, get them uploaded, queued and approved and halloween is not even a month away from now, I'd definitely run a first batch one or two weeks before halloween (if possible), but that's not to say that we are in a rush or that our artists need to be quicker than usual - we can just as well keep our scary avs a bit longer this year and revert later in November, so we can enjoy each other's avs a bit longer. That brings me to

6. Once we are happy and done and we want to go back to less scary BYOB, the mods will revert your scary av to your regular av (if you want) and we're back to normal. I'll collect your current avs and setups while managing your freshly created halloween ones, so the server links remain valid, but make sure to point out any specifications for your current av (like centered text, special colors etc.) in your post, else I might screw that part up.

Since this year's halloween av obviously are going to be free for everyone you don't have to pay for any of those changes, I'd like to suggest that - if you can and want, not a requirement! - you maybe donate a little money to a nice charity of your choice! We started doing this in exchange for various forum changes with a request thread in QCS and it's a nice alternative to spending money on the forums. You don't have to post proof or anything, it's just a nice suggestion to do something good this year.

Post!!!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

I'll start off with requesting a halloween av and, if you like, an accompanying sig. A basic idea I had but failed to work on myself because how does computer work, would be to turn the milkshake Assy McGee is drinking in my current av into bloody red, maybe a vampire cape or horns or something like that? Just an idea I had, I'm open for all the butts!

gag edit: I even forgot saving my own thing lol

Please drink responsibly

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 8, 2020

nut

i dare u scaredy cats to even try to make me a halloween inspired av u won't ur too scared but if u need inspiration please refer to pixaal's amazing av they made me last year

I will also select victims from this thread unexpectedly and with gusto to make my avs myself

gag edit: Saving this

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 6, 2020

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

This is my favorite thread of the year!!!!!!!!

I am very happy with my amazingly spoopy av nut made last year and I don’t need another one unless someone is very inspired to make one! I don’t know how to do av magic, but maybe I will learn.

Love that bouncing pumpkin nut av

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

if you can think of something spookier than crashing planes full of people into towers full of people to justify sending even MORE people to die in forever war, i'd love a halloween av

bush did 9/11, never forget

gag edit: saving this

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 6, 2020

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

ChubbyChecker

tags and avs left

og:

halloween:

gag edit: saved!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 6, 2020

ChubbyChecker

could someone post the pumpkin gangtag?

e: found it:

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 5, 2020

take the moon

by sebmojo
im spooky enough for now i think but i cant wait to see all the halloween avs. goonspeed orbs

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ChubbyChecker

take the moon posted:

im spooky enough for now i think but i cant wait to see all the halloween avs. goonspeed orbs

what if the moon was replaced with a pumpkin?

Goons Are Gifts

Here are all of our spoopy Halloween tags

If you'd like those or any other tags below your av, like trashed crew and stuff like that, just tell me in your finishing post. Note that those, also, have to be uploaded on SA servers (fi.somethingawful.com), as I cannot queue things that aren't on our own servers.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Current AV:

[size="large"][color="navy"] Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."[/color][/size] CENTERED

Halloween AV :tipshat: Thanks to FAU:

gag edit: Saved!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 6, 2020

Ass-penny

A special Halloween av could be real fun.

I want to participate in a larger way but I'm a talentless hack :negative:

gag edit: saving

[marquee][/marquee]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 8, 2020

take the moon

by sebmojo

ChubbyChecker posted:

what if the moon was replaced with a pumpkin?

the prob is another goon is making me a new av already lol

maybe i should be a pumpkin pal tho if thats not too hard to do

----------------

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Can I have a spooky av, and be a pumpkin postin' pal please? :shobon:

gag edit: Wait, your av is still written in HTML, uhh, lemme eyeball this manually
Here we go, saving this because the mod panel actually does no longer work with HTML

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 6, 2020

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

BoldFrankensteinMir

I want to participate but my AV is already Halloween themed. Help!

gag edit: Saving this just in case!

Darn! Darn! Darn!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 6, 2020

Sig by Heather Papps

take the moon

by sebmojo

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I want to participate but my AV is already Halloween themed. Help!

he could be smashing a pumpkin. a poignant and personal billy corgan lyric beneath and ur set

(under no obligation to humour this lol)

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

I'm definitely overdue for a new one by any measure. Mr. Munster has been smashing that guitar against the forums for years now.

Sig by Heather Papps

FluffieDuckie

Hello friends. I would like a spooky av. I have one I’ve used for 2 years where I’m a vampire so maybe it’s time for a change up.

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 6, 2020

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Goons Are Gifts

take the moon posted:

the prob is another goon is making me a new av already lol

maybe i should be a pumpkin pal tho if thats not too hard to do

That's super easy! I can get you guys already existing Halloween avs (if on the SA servers) as well as tags in a bit and get you going already. The procedure for new uploads etc is only needed for entirely new stuff that is not uploaded yet.

If anyone would like a name change for Halloween, that by the way is also quite easily possible. Just remember to make sure your login data and email saved are correct, so we don't lock you out of your account.

Manifisto

I love halloween avs and would like one please, along with a "pumpkin pals" gangtag

my past ones:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 6, 2020

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

I will make several spooky avatars if needed!

I would also like a spooky av and pumpkin pals tag!

Here's my current av for archiving reasons:

gag edit: saved!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 6, 2020

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

nut

Goons Are Great posted:

I'll start off with requesting a halloween av and, if you like, an accompanying sig. A basic idea I had but failed to work on myself because how does computer work, would be to turn the milkshake Assy McGee is drinking in my current av into bloody red, maybe a vampire cape or horns or something like that? Just an idea I had, I'm open for all the butts!

i am going to do it, i am going to make gag a halloween av

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

This needs some work and isn't that great but idk what I am doing. It is 190kb and I don't know how to shrink it-delete some frames or something?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

nut

Goons Are Great posted:

Goons Are Gifts

Oh my god I thought like someone swaps out the colors and that's it, you go full anime and draw the thing new?? You're everything I'd like to be
I love it, thank you so much

Gonna change my name for that one, too. Goons Are Garlic?

Chewbecca

Goons are Gory

Goons are Gruesome

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

BoldFrankensteinMir

Go classic. Ghouls are Groovy

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

I edited in the output of everyone's current av setup from the mod panel, so I can easily revert your avs using exactly that code, so if I edited your posts, it was to leave a note for future gag that the code listed is correct!
Queued up all the pumpkin pals as well as the existing halloween avs up to here.

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Go classic. Ghouls are Groovy

lol

City of Glompton

if i have an old halloween av can i use that and would it be easier?

gag edit: saving this

CoG edit: no tags pretty please

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 12, 2020

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

owlhawk911

Goons Are Great posted:

I edited in the output of everyone's current av setup from the mod panel, so I can easily revert your avs using exactly that code, so if I edited your posts, it was to leave a note for future gag that the code listed is correct!
Queued up all the pumpkin pals as well as the existing halloween avs up to here.

this is smart and heroic and i'm proud of you

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

nut

Goons Are Great posted:

Oh my god I thought like someone swaps out the colors and that's it, you go full anime and draw the thing new?? You're everything I'd like to be
I love it, thank you so much

I am glad u like it!!

Goons Are Gifts

City of Glompton posted:

if i have an old halloween av can i use that and would it be easier?

I can queue those now already, so you can get going faster than the new avs, but in practical terms nothing really changes to the regular procedure, only that you have wait a but longer for a new av to show up on your profile. So you are free to use an old one as well as a new one, whatever you prefer!

ChubbyChecker

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

This needs some work and isn't that great but idk what I am doing. It is 190kb and I don't know how to shrink it-delete some frames or something?

lmao

e: bleegh! i'm a vampire! that was a quick av change, many thanks

ChubbyChecker fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 6, 2020

Diorama

i remember when all this was fields
hey guys I posted this in the sigs thread too, but what software do you guys use to make animated avs?

it's been about 10ish years since i did photoshop and 3dsmax and stuff so i'm a bit out of the art loop

Goons Are Gifts

For my own stuff, which I hardly ever post because I am terrible at art, I use photoshop. I think the most popular programs here is GIMP for most purposes like sigs and AVs and blender for animation and I assume sigs and avs. Some even use paint, I heard.

Diorama

i remember when all this was fields
drat. my problem with GIMP is that 95% of the tutorials online are for previous versions, and they have often changed the workflows enough that you get to step 8 in the tutorial and have to use a tool that no longer exists, or works differently now

take the moon

by sebmojo
ty for the tag gag

----------------

Manifisto

take the moon posted:

ty for the tag gag

we all (that asked for it) have gang tags now, whee!

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

I will probably use an old halloween av, i have a few really good ones people have made me over the years.

So excited for this spooky season

gag edit: Saving it for you, just in case you haven't done so already:

Postin in the springtime

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

I have no idea how my AV could be Halloweenified and I'm not too worried about it, but if I could get the tag under my trashed crew tag for the season, that would be pretty great!

gag edit: saving

HAIKOOLIGAN

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 8, 2020