Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Goons Are Groovy posted:

Holy poo poo, how did you do that! Thank you!!

in case this obscure trick ends up being relevant to someone else . . .

I used google to find any post by manero

"manero site:forums.somethingawful.com"

tried to find any result that was a post from before the av was changed

then, in google, clicked on the "cached" version (the down arrow highlighted below) and hoped the result would link to the old avatar

if not, try cached versions of other search results until you find what you need

for older stuff on SA, you will likely need to use the wayback machine instead. the wayback machine is not really useful for recent stuff however (within past 2-3 years).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Holy poo poo, I didn't know any of this actually, thank you. I'm going to quote you in the mod forum, I think it might be useful for other mods, too!

manero

Thank you both!