Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

aturing our newest butt thread tag, in case you haven't noticed, we have that now. It makes every thread better, because of butts.

Check out last year's spoopy Halloween parade

Alright so because 2020 is a scary year and a scary year needs a scary BYOB, it's a law of physics. This year, we are going to make something a little bit different, as the usual we make avs and then buy them individually in the store is not an excellent option right now. Here's how's this supposed to work:
1. You request an av and/or sig ITT, feel free to specify ideas or let the artist's creativity flow freely, anything goes! Remember that the usual dimensions and limitations of avs apply (max 180x180px, 150kB, only GIF, PNG and JPGs, always work-safe). Sigs as usual.
1a. You offer to make someone else an av and/or sig! It's the greatest honor to be gifted a spooky av or sig and every artist who deserves a special place in heaven (the BYOB Goldmine).
2. You get an av and/or sig made, or make one yourself and post it here! Just tell me as soon as you're happy with your av, sigs can be enabled in your UCP at any time and any stage by yourself (User Control Panel -> Edit Profile -> Signature in [img] tags).
3. I'll collect finished avs by downloading them and placing them in my super comfortable av waiting area, where I also keep all the couches we stole with the spaceship, so they definitely will have it comfy.
4. As soon as we collected a majority/a good number/any good number that most people are happy with of avs, I'll pack them up and FedEx them to the admins, who will upload them to the servers.
5. al and me start queueing the uploaded avs for every poster and BYOB gets super scary as soon as the mod queue is being flushed and the changes go through.

Since I anticipate a certain time we will need to create avs, collect them, get them uploaded, queued and approved and halloween is not even a month away from now, I'd definitely run a first batch one or two weeks before halloween (if possible), but that's not to say that we are in a rush or that our artists need to be quicker than usual - we can just as well keep our scary avs a bit longer this year and revert later in November, so we can enjoy each other's avs a bit longer. That brings me to

6. Once we are happy and done and we want to go back to less scary BYOB, the mods will revert your scary av to your regular av (if you want) and we're back to normal. I'll collect your current avs and setups while managing your freshly created halloween ones, so the server links remain valid, but make sure to point out any specifications for your current av (like centered text, special colors etc.) in your post, else I might screw that part up.

Since this year's halloween av obviously are going to be free for everyone you don't have to pay for any of those changes, I'd like to suggest that - if you can and want, not a requirement! - you maybe donate a little money to a nice charity of your choice! We started doing this in exchange for various forum changes with a request thread in QCS and it's a nice alternative to spending money on the forums. You don't have to post proof or anything, it's just a nice suggestion to do something good this year.

Post!!!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

I'll start off with requesting a halloween av and, if you like, an accompanying sig. A basic idea I had but failed to work on myself because how does computer work, would be to turn the milkshake Assy McGee is drinking in my current av into bloody red, maybe a vampire cape or horns or something like that? Just an idea I had, I'm open for all the butts!

gag edit: I even forgot saving my own thing lol

Please drink responsibly

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 8, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

Here are all of our spoopy Halloween tags

If you'd like those or any other tags below your av, like trashed crew and stuff like that, just tell me in your finishing post. Note that those, also, have to be uploaded on SA servers (fi.somethingawful.com), as I cannot queue things that aren't on our own servers.

Goons Are Gifts

take the moon posted:

the prob is another goon is making me a new av already lol

maybe i should be a pumpkin pal tho if thats not too hard to do

That's super easy! I can get you guys already existing Halloween avs (if on the SA servers) as well as tags in a bit and get you going already. The procedure for new uploads etc is only needed for entirely new stuff that is not uploaded yet.

If anyone would like a name change for Halloween, that by the way is also quite easily possible. Just remember to make sure your login data and email saved are correct, so we don't lock you out of your account.

Goons Are Gifts

Oh my god I thought like someone swaps out the colors and that's it, you go full anime and draw the thing new?? You're everything I'd like to be
I love it, thank you so much

Gonna change my name for that one, too. Goons Are Garlic?

Goons Are Gifts

I edited in the output of everyone's current av setup from the mod panel, so I can easily revert your avs using exactly that code, so if I edited your posts, it was to leave a note for future gag that the code listed is correct!
Queued up all the pumpkin pals as well as the existing halloween avs up to here.

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Go classic. Ghouls are Groovy

lol

Goons Are Gifts

City of Glompton posted:

if i have an old halloween av can i use that and would it be easier?

I can queue those now already, so you can get going faster than the new avs, but in practical terms nothing really changes to the regular procedure, only that you have wait a but longer for a new av to show up on your profile. So you are free to use an old one as well as a new one, whatever you prefer!

Goons Are Gifts

For my own stuff, which I hardly ever post because I am terrible at art, I use photoshop. I think the most popular programs here is GIMP for most purposes like sigs and AVs and blender for animation and I assume sigs and avs. Some even use paint, I heard.

Goons Are Gifts

Sorry for being so slow, I'm going to update everyone on tags and also throw together a current update collection of everyone's desired avs so far, so you can double check!

Joey McChrist posted:

quick n dirty spooky sig

e; i'll take a pumpkin pals tag if possible thx <3

Hell yeah that sig rules, havoc crew for all the vampires and werewolves??

nut posted:

disclaimer: this is way bigger than the 150 kb limit for av uploads but i heard whispers that it may be able to get by :twisted:. If not, I'll struggle wildly to get it small

While I'd love to see this masterpiece happen and while it is true that we can get it uploaded without any issue, if it doesn't fit the avatar format the panel won't accept it as valid entry when I queue it, so it couldn't show up properly and just break. Or something else breaks. Probably the entire website to be honest, not even Jeffrey knows how this website is staying afloat at this point. Every code endeavor is a risk for complete failure.
Either way, I sadly cannot submit it as av, it wouldn't work, so it has to shrink down.

Goons Are Gifts

Sorry for being the worst mod, I queued all gang tags up to here! I also edited your posts if you requested an av with your current av output as before, so don't be spooked. If you requested an av, please check your own posts ITT and make sure I have edited in your current av somewhere! It is very important to save your av, else it might get lost! I *think* I got everyone, but please triple check because my life is an abyss of chaos and disorder.

So here's my current list of avs, I'll assume you only want the av, not any other tag not already in place (or queued) unless requested otherwise. Old avs already queued or approved will be exempt, so that I have a clean list of stuff I send to the admins. Please yell at me angrily if I forgot you or made a mistake!

vanisher

GAG

Jinh

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

owlhawk911 (with tags, centered)

come THRILL with me, in byob

take the moon (centered)

rear end-penny

Prof. Crocodile (centered)

BoldFrankensteinMir

Manifisto

Chewbecca

nut (all tags removed)

magic cactus

CoG

Khanstant

Keep them flowing, if possible I'd like to get a first batch uploaded by October ~15th, so we can queue them already.

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 14, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

take the moon posted:

i usually like my av and tags centred not a big deal tho lol. if mine isnt centred now i didnt notice at all

The mod panel doesn't allow me to center avs, I believe admins have a buttons for it though. Since it's not an option on my end, the output I get when editing in your current setup might differ from what you actually have, similar to how [marquee] only exist in there and not in posts.
I'm gonna ask astral though about centering avs straight away or what the easiest procedure is to make it happen. Maybe he can do some code magic

Goons Are Gifts

Fake edit: I asked the admins and centering is super easy, they just need to press a button on you individually. So if you'd like your Halloween av to be centered, just tell me and I'll edit it into the list above, then I'll submit the list of centering users to the admins.

Goons Are Gifts

FluffieDuckie posted:

hey GaG, I think I'll stay with last year's costume (already uploaded)

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/avatars/scaryduckie.gif

and name "fluffieduckula"

with pumpkin pals tag

do you want me to update my earlier post?

No worries, I got your current setup already saved, so this is easy! Gonna queue the change in a bit and request the name change, remember to stay logged in or change it in your logins and stuff!
Admins are active right now, so could happen really quickly.

Goons Are Gifts

lmao

Goons Are Gifts

Chewbecca posted:

Edit: Goons are Great, may I formally request that I have the still version as my halloween avatar with the pumpkin pals tag, and the text "Just thrillin' : ) " please?

Hell yes! Added yours and also Manifisto's draft (waiting for approval on that) to the collection.

FluffieDuckie posted:

Hi GaG! I don’t want to be that guy but I worded it badly. I meant to request just pumpkin pals, no trashed crew.

Ah! Sorry, queued that! Gonna also poke the admins to make the name change, because they definitely saw it and probably forgot to actually do it, because I blame cyrano for everything :colbert:

Goons Are Gifts

I'm spooped

Goons Are Gifts

Goons Are Great posted:

Sorry for being the worst mod, I queued all gang tags up to here! I also edited your posts if you requested an av with your current av output as before, so don't be spooked. If you requested an av, please check your own posts ITT and make sure I have edited in your current av somewhere! It is very important to save your av, else it might get lost! I *think* I got everyone, but please triple check because my life is an abyss of chaos and disorder.

So here's my current list of avs, I'll assume you only want the av, not any other tag not already in place (or queued) unless requested otherwise. Old avs already queued or approved will be exempt, so that I have a clean list of stuff I send to the admins. Please yell at me angrily if I forgot you or made a mistake!

vanisher

GAG

Jinh

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

take the moon (centered)

rear end-penny

Prof. Crocodile

BoldFrankensteinMir (not yet approved)

Manifisto

Chewbecca

nut (all tags removed)

Keep them flowing, if possible I'd like to get a first batch uploaded by October ~15th, so we can queue them already.

Please everyone double check if this list is okay so far! If there is no note next to your name, I'll assume you want to keep the tags you have right now/no tags at all and not centered (since I have to separately request this). If you're name is on this list, please also make sure I edited in your current setup somewhere ITT by checking your own posts (click on the little ? on the bottom left of one of your posts to display only yours) so that it's saved and I can revert.

Is anyone else still working on an av right now, or is anyone missing on the list that got one by now?
Might as well already collect these (unless one or more are still in progress, then I'll wait of course) and submit them to get started, of course we can add additional ones later at any time, just so that we already have a first batch ready to go.
BFM still would need to confirm his new av, don't want to mess something up by queuing something not approved.

Goons Are Gifts

Goons Are Great posted:

vanisher

GAG

Jinh

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

take the moon (centered)

rear end-penny

Prof. Crocodile

BoldFrankensteinMir (not yet approved)

Manifisto

Chewbecca

nut (all tags removed)

magic cactus

CoG

Khanstant (not yet approved)

Current list! I hope I kept it updated, else yell at me if something's off. I'd wait for the remaining two approvals by Khanstant and BFM and then probably get this first batch uploaded tomorrow or the day after or so. Keep them coming though, I'll definitely check before finally submitting and also we can just do a second batch later on.

Goons Are Gifts

Alright! Gonna get the first big batch uploaded now

Goons Are Gifts

Holy drat, nut going in for the big ones! Gonna make a new list of those later.

Also, the first batch has successfully been uploaded, I'll start queuing them later today when I'm at home. Gonna get spooky in here real soon

Goons Are Gifts

And with magic spoken, magic happen happens.

SPOOKY!

Goons Are Gifts

New liiiiist!!
As before, assume I change only your av, not your current tags etc. unless requested otherwise. If you're on this list, please check your posts itt and make sure I edited in your current setup somewhere, most likely your initial request post.

more falafel please

Joey McChrist (Text removed)

Dreadite

Luvcow

manero

Prepuce Repurposed (not yet approved)

pseudorandom

Twenty Four (not yet approved)

Evil Bob

Beamed

Dugong (not yet approved)

Splatmaster

FutonForensic

xcheopis

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 17, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

Splatmaster posted:

Is it too late to request an AV?

:ninja:

Goons Are Gifts

Jesus this thread is going towards the 10/5

Sorry for falling behind again, gonna update the list now.
Are any other avs currently in progress or requested? Could get the second batch uploaded soon

edit: biosterous seems to be still in progress as far as I can see

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 17, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

Goons Are Great posted:

New liiiiist!!
As before, assume I change only your av, not your current tags etc. unless requested otherwise. If you're on this list, please check your posts itt and make sure I edited in your current setup somewhere, most likely your initial request post.

more falafel please

Joey McChrist (Text removed)

Dreadite

Luvcow

manero

Prepuce Repurposed (not yet approved)

pseudorandom

Twenty Four (not yet approved)

Evil Bob

Beamed

Dugong (not yet approved)

Splatmaster

FutonForensic

xcheopis

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 17, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

xcheopis posted:

Mine hasn't gone through. :(

Oh I haven't got the second batch uploaded yet, the list above is the current status list. I can get it uploaded any time, but would like to include most yobbers at once to reduce workload for the admin that has to throw them on the server manually.
If everyone's covered and nothing else is in progress, I can get it done later though!

Goons Are Gifts

Alrighty right, I'm going to get the current list uploaded now! The non-approved ones I'll get uploaded as well, but won't queue until approved.

Hey biosterous I saw that you made this but I didn't include it in the list yet, as it sounded like you wanted another small change on it. To be safe, I'll include this in this second batch now, just so that I can offer you anything, but if you wish to change it later, we can get it uploaded separately! This way you can at least already have this one, if you want, but I won't queue it until you say so.

Goons Are Gifts

The avs of the second list have l been uploaded, I'll start applying them later when I'm at home!

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Goons Are Garlic, in the next wave may I be a Pumpkin Pal too? I should have asked before, my bad.

No worries, it's only about getting new stuff uploaded, applying existing tags and avs is super easy and can be done any time regardless of batches, so no problem!

ChubbyChecker posted:

what's the tag limit?

There's no actual technical tag limit, but since they're displayed in every forum, unlike sigs, a general rule of thumb is to not exceed ~200px in height, a bit more than av height. The reason is not because it's not worth it or it would break something, and there's some leverage to this, but it's to not force everyone to scroll past the same tags over and over again, making a lot of forums harder to read.
Temporary exceptions as well as small things going over the limit are fine.
Also note that there is a [marquee] function in avs now, so that your tags can scroll from left to right and avoid this height issue entirely. Just tell me if you'd like this.

Goons Are Gifts

All queued!
Twenty Four and PR are the last ones missing, as they haven't approved their new avs, as far as I can see. Everyone else should be spookified in no time

Goons Are Gifts

prepuce repurposed posted:

Do I have to do anything special to approve it?

Your approval form has been submitted, reviewed and approved! Your approved approval is now pending approval to be approved.
As soon as I queue it later.

Goons Are Gifts

Evil Bob posted:

Hey GAG will you change my text too? This is a little more spooky than what I currently have:

"He is BOB, eager for fun. He wears a smile, everybody run!"

Sure! Gonna do this one in a minute, too. Text change/tag changes etc. Are all easy to do at any time, so anyone feel free to ask!

Goons Are Gifts

Macnult posted:

i forget who made this one forever ago but it's a scary one

Would you like to have it again? I can queue it right away, it's still on the servers.

Evil Bob posted:

Hey GAG will you change my text too? This is a little more spooky than what I currently have:

"He is BOB, eager for fun. He wears a smile, everybody run!"

Do I have to do anything special to approve it?

I have no idea why my av text says "felt cute, might delete later". Can you change it to "Hoenn ain't easy"?

:kiddo:

Splatmaster posted:

:peanut::peanut::peanut:

Thank you for the avatar!

May I please have a Pumpkin Pals/Trashed Crew tag (or one or the other if I'm being greedy)?

Queued all of these!

Goons Are Gifts

New list:

StrixNebulosa

Cyrano

Might get those uploaded sooner than later, depending on how many avs are still missing.

Goons Are Gifts

Cyrano is just a very lazy admin in general, you know, that's why he plays power moves on athanatos to get stuff uploaded

Goons Are Gifts

He posts here and hasn't even approved my mod queue requests! LOOK AT IT!! This is the injustice I have to fight every day!!

Goons Are Gifts

Getting the last two avs uploaded now and then I thiiiink we are through, right?

Goons Are Gifts

Macnult posted:

mine might’ve slipped through i’m not sure

Ah yes, queued it just now!

sk posted:

desperately requesting the pumpkin pals tag <3

Also queued, sorry!

Goons Are Gifts

I couldn't save cyrano's av because of admin power :argh:

Goons Are Gifts

Ya in the mod forum, I just usually edit in your current av into one of your posts so we can revert it, but I'm sure you can handle yourself :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Alright, last one queued, cyrano you now have my official permission to also change your av :cop: