Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##unvote

I'm feeling a lot less confident about my vote on SW right now, actually. This big push for "hey, it's deadline, can we please get some discussion" feels good to me. If it was purely performative, it'd be very easy to wait longer, so that he could be seen urging for content, but not leaving much time to actually make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I roughly agree with the DB case, and I'd put a vote there, or on SNG.

sandnavyguy posted:

Look, here is my input on the matter, and it hasn’t changed.
I don't follow the logic on this post, SNG. Wouldn't a scum rush, by definition, include the hammer? Why am I given a pass for just being dumb if Ceyton, a newbie who posted not long before me, doesn't? If Ceyton and DB were both scum, then they... what? Rushed it to -1 and waited for some moron to bumble in and hammer for them?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Ceyton posted:

To be clear, I'm still entertaining theories that Dick is scum, but I think Sandwolf is much more likely scum.

Here is where I differ in opinion from you. For whatever reason, this game is a lot less active - I have not been helping, but it has been a cluster gently caress of a week and I got over zealous in another game and it bit me in the rear end - and Sandwolf has been a huge push for engagement. If I was scum, I would push away from attention, not draw it too me (now, it should be noted that since the town cop yeeted himself out of the game day one, one could argue that a scum could play town-crier as a distraction, but I am merely stating that i recognize the possibility not that I believe it). Furthermore, why would Sands encourage action if action inevitably lead to more investigation - specifically of himself?

I think your actions have been a lot more suspect than him.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I need to stop beating around the bush and just drop this now.

##vote Ceyton

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I'm open to the possibility of being wrong about Sandwolf, that's why I didn't vote him yet. No one else is supporting my case, so it must not be very good.

Biaga posted:

I think your actions have been a lot more suspect than him.

How so?

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

sandnavyguy posted:

Look, here is my input on the matter, and it hasn’t changed.

They Day 1 mislunched was likely a scum rush, a great opportunity to get rid of a townie early in a very low engagement game.

Doesn't a launch on D1 usually favor town in the long run, though? And by extension, scum would want a no-launch?

quote:

Of the votes, the last, second to last, and third to last should be highly scrutinized if it was in fact a scum rush, as these are the best points tactically to enforce a hammer. Most attention on the second to last, as the last vote could very well be a swayed townie.

Why can't N-1 (or -2 or -3) be swayed townies, as well? Especially when it's 7 to hammer, the bandwagon is in full effect by then.

quote:

The last vote was Pmush, and I don’t think it was scummy, just a mistake: I base this on the relative low engagement and the fact that if you didn’t look closely there were several votes in succession that could have hid the fact it was -1.

The second to last is Ceyton, and a solid pick on those grounds alone, further by the hoops others have gone to such as zz to shift blame. this is my pick based purely on the strategy of a scum rush, and barring some actual conversation into another gambit that could have feasibly been played, is where my vote will firmly stay.

Third to last was DB, who has been the target of scrutiny, sure, followed by a slew of invites? Is this bussing? Is this town just confused? I don’t know but maybe we’ll find out. They are my pick tomorrow, barring anything of note happening N2 or the rest of today.

Sorry for the lack of posting, It’s been very hectic IRL rn. Hopefully that should be done now though.

You don't think DB immediately casing me on D2 makes him more suspicious than me?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

PMush Perfect posted:

I roughly agree with the DB case, and I'd put a vote there, or on SNG.

I don't follow the logic on this post, SNG. Wouldn't a scum rush, by definition, include the hammer? Why am I given a pass for just being dumb if Ceyton, a newbie who posted not long before me, doesn't? If Ceyton and DB were both scum, then they... what? Rushed it to -1 and waited for some moron to bumble in and hammer for them?

Yes, that is exactly what I think happened, minus the part about you being a moron, it’s a reasonable trap and I think you were unlucky and fell into it. And this fallout of maybe they did maybe they didn’t was exactly the outcome desired.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Why am I given a pass for just being dumb if Ceyton, a newbie who posted not long before me, doesn't?
You missed this part.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Ceyton posted:

Doesn't a launch on D1 usually favor town in the long run, though? And by extension, scum would want a no-launch?

Why can't N-1 (or -2 or -3) be swayed townies, as well? Especially when it's 7 to hammer, the bandwagon is in full effect by then.

You don't think DB immediately casing me on D2 makes him more suspicious than me?

No, I think that in a vacuum he’s as scummy or townie as you, since 2nd and third to vote should always be scrutinized, if in fact I’m right. If I’m wrong, then of course it’s flawed but I think I’m right.

What makes you more, however, are the actions others took either against you or on your behalf to shift the conversation. Which sucks as if you are scum there’s nothing to really be done about it, which is frustrating, and as town you’re trapped by happenstance which is also frustrating.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

PMush Perfect posted:

You missed this part.

Sorry, because I feel the hammering vote is less impactful in a mid day scum rush than those setting up the hammer vote. This would be *entirely* different if this occurred even close to deadline. But as it was, there’s no incentive to be the one catching flak for ending things early. That makes the hammer vote more null than scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote DB

I'd still move to SNG, but I feel a bit better about him now. Enough that he's not my first choice any more.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Ceyton posted:

Oh no, it’s a possibility everyone lunching could have been a townie, I’m not arguing it has to be my way, it’s just I think if scum is playing well then it’s unlikely.

I’m saying it’s far more likely, on a day with low engagement and no night bingo, for scum to decide to make a play to rush someone early, throwing things into disarray when there is a lowered chance of discussion catching it because the temperature of the thread is more lurky.

Bandwagon effect is much more effective near DL, not for an early lunch. Unless you have some fair evidence, people won’t want to just hammer so early, much as everyone is doing today by inviting because fear of leading to another rush.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

*unvoting

Sorry I’m on mobile.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am happy to give Ceyton another day to prove himself because PMush is still pinging me. Whoever said it, Hal?, that what she's saying feels very technically 'right' without any real substance or feel behind it.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I think PMush reads town so far. I didn't mind the d1 hammer, and her posting since then is generally noticing the same things I did.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx posted:

I think PMush reads town so far. I didn't mind the d1 hammer, and her posting since then is generally noticing the same things I did.

okay, tell me who's scum then

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I like DB and SNG. Biaga's still a decent third, but he said it's his second game so I haven't spent too much time there.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

sandnavyguy posted:

Oh no, it’s a possibility everyone lunching could have been a townie, I’m not arguing it has to be my way, it’s just I think if scum is playing well then it’s unlikely.

I’m saying it’s far more likely, on a day with low engagement and no night bingo, for scum to decide to make a play to rush someone early, throwing things into disarray when there is a lowered chance of discussion catching it because the temperature of the thread is more lurky.

Bandwagon effect is much more effective near DL, not for an early lunch. Unless you have some fair evidence, people won’t want to just hammer so early, much as everyone is doing today by inviting because fear of leading to another rush.

Yeah, I guess you're right. D1 launch would favor scum if they could keep a lid on the amount of information coming out of it. Thanks~

I still disagree with your choice of me over DB though. He called me "empirically anti-town" and my vote "at least an order of magnitude worse" than his, when we did both did exactly the same drat thing.

What "actions others took either against you or on your behalf to shift the conversation" are you referring to, specifically?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Biaga posted:

I need to stop beating around the bush and just drop this now.

##vote Ceyton

ngl this comes off as a tad bit performative imo

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Oh yeah, that reminds me. We're back on, Dick.

##vote DB

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Looks like it's gonna be NL though.

Votes are 4-2-1-1, Dick needs 2 more. The only votes left are Cena and... DB.

Only guy who I think might change his mind is Hal.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Ceyton posted:

Yeah, I guess you're right. D1 launch would favor scum if they could keep a lid on the amount of information coming out of it. Thanks~

I still disagree with your choice of me over DB though. He called me "empirically anti-town" and my vote "at least an order of magnitude worse" than his, when we did both did exactly the same drat thing.

What "actions others took either against you or on your behalf to shift the conversation" are you referring to, specifically?

regarding the bolded above, we didn't do the same thing and I've already explained why. this idea you have about that still pings me because, at least from my perspective, it's obvious we didn't.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Eh... we'll probably take that disagreement to our graves.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Ceyton posted:

Oh yeah, that reminds me. We're back on, Dick.

##vote DB

Haha what is this.. who's "we" and why are you letting other players dictate how you read my alignment?

just when you were seeming town to me you post something like this lol ##vote Ceyton

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I miss-read that comma I think... the statement isn't as sus as I thought it was originally. I have to re-read the game when I get home in approx 2 hrs ##unvote

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

I was the first to vote against you, remember? I did a détente out of politeness, and I really did dislike how Sandwolf was behaving, but now I think it's time for you to go.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Can someone do a vote update?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Alright I don’t want a NL and we’re getting close.

##vote DIckBastardly

I do think DB is scummy, but I still think Ceyton the better choice though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This is a bad vote, unvote SNG

There’s two hours til deadline and if you’re town allowing this scummy apathetic lunch happen you’re part of the problem here

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Votecount for Day 2

Dick Bastardly (5): Ceyton, zzyzx, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, ObamaAkbar., Ceyton, PMush Perfect, Ceyton, sandnavyguy
PMush Perfect (1): Sandwolf
Ceyton (1): Dick Bastardly, Sandwolf, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Biaga, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, sandnavyguy
sandnavyguy (1): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza
Sandwolf (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect

Not Voting (2): Dick Bastardly, JOHN CENA

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 16th, 2020 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 4 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DB do you have a claim?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

DB do you have a claim?

Yes, please no one hammer yet

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

##unvote

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sorry, I’m driving and didn’t want to screw us with a NL

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

sandnavyguy posted:

Sorry, I’m driving and didn’t want to screw us with a NL

How is unvoting for the leading candidate helping to assure avoiding a NL?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Because I thought we had less than an hour, not two

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Biaga posted:

How is unvoting for the leading candidate helping to assure avoiding a NL?
SNG's saying he left a vote on while working(?) in case he didn't make it back in time for deadline. Now he's unvoting so he can read again rather than leave DB at -1.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

PMush Perfect posted:

SNG's saying he left a vote on while working(?) in case he didn't make it back in time for deadline. Now he's unvoting so he can read again rather than leave DB at -1.

This

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I still feel that Ceyton, is the best bet as scum - but, I am going to help settle this and go with the group.

##vote Dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And that's -1 again.

DB, if you're around, got a claim for us?