Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I feel like a goddam golden retriever because I have no idea what's going on but I see everyone is excited and I want to be a part of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHNztg0X3s

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

LadyAmbien posted:

Why are you still here?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kingnothing posted:

Imagine being so poo poo that three of your exes come to dance on your throne once you've been run out of your "empire."

My personal favorite is that there's a conspicuous lack of anything anyone can point to as the "good times" with Lowtax. It's literally one failure and embarrassment after another. No one is able to "hand it to him" in even the most token sense of the word.

Also to OP ladies-- y'all look great and this is well-deserved. Many successes to you all.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mrs. Sexual posted:

I, like you, and thousands others, were faked into a story. It was bad for the site and life, mainly on your side obv, I’m certain as far as outcomes. And for that I’m apologizing and wish the best. I sincerely hope you and the others are doing better. I have never supported domestic abuse and never will. Contrary to goon opinion.
We will put a funnel in your mouth and make you eat our collective poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Ugh I should not be as surprised that the mods are still doing this poo poo, it's not like Lowtax was a problem in isolation
There do need to be some concessions the mod team has to make. Now is absolutely the time to make some clean breaks with the past.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Just a shout-out to the ladies in the OP that I shared their story with some women's groups I know and they received unanimous support and praise for their courage and fortitude in the face of terrible circumstances. They celebrate on your behalf as well.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lmfao Lowtax was holding this place back so, so much.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

lmao die mad and alone you salty piece of human refuse

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

6 months from now even money he's a full blown nazi. last refuge of scoundrels.

This is a super safe bet. The even money is whether or not he'll get his poo poo together enough to form another grift.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Who What Now posted:

He had the easiest possible grift imaginable and hosed it up. There's no way he could put up effort to start a new one.

Yeah but Nazis have already smelled a possible recruit and are no-doubt making goo-goo eyes and leaving digital flowers on his doorstep. They'll invite him to the cotillion before long and he'll be lonely, sad, and drugged enough to do it. They'll give him a shot. Then it's even money if he has enough stamina left in his wobbling frame to actually hold together long enough to draw an income, or fall flat on his face. Honestly could see it going either way-- hate groups lovebombing you must be one hell of a social high.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

What's the purpose of putting his exes picture on his facebook fir his new mra audience to see?
Every hook needs bait son.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Hey if the front page is there to post articles and news, a nice big fat piece announcing new management and also refuting obvious inaccuracies in the vice article would be a Good Idea, just sayin'
If nothing else nuke the front page and put the "Congrats Jeffrey" image up.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hasturtium posted:

Or add a huge red qualifier at the top indicating that, in light of info received since then, it's all unsubtle character-smearing bullshit and Something Awful doesn't recognize or endorse any of it as valid.

Or delete it. gently caress Lowtax.
Just put up a modified Warner Brothers disclaimer, you know the one that online nerds jizz themselves over for "doing it right."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hasturtium posted:

Warner Bros covering its rear end for animated comedy that's aged like milk but which they aren't above monetizing is more honorable than our sweaty-toed former internet landlord's attempts to show He Was Right in abusing women and throwing them away like garbage. I see the cheek and I approve, but Lowtax suuuuuuuucks.

Oh I wasn't being facetious I think that's what we should do, I just get annoyed at all the keyboard warriors who pat themselves on the back about this warning like they were the ones who came up with it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mozi posted:

i'm realizing that even though he's gone i still have a fear of criticizing him

wild stuff man!

"gently caress you Richard 'Lowtax' Kyanka your articles are garbage and you look like the underside of poorly groomed livestock."

Try it!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I kind of doubt he will become a nazi because that requires doing things and caring about something.

Assuming he hasn't already begun the inevitable process of downsizing, the instant the bills become tight those CHUDs are gonna start looking like a fresh platter of cookies n' feet.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hasturtium posted:

Okay, I buy that. Like a lot of right wing political phenomena, the alt-right's chock-a-block with grifters. But where is the outreach to him coming from? Who's pushing him to join them? Is it just because he's burned his bridges elsewhere and these people are roping him in out of some warped definition of community?

The actual core of extremist groups aren't quite as large as you might believe, although they certainly have lots of sympathizers and even so-called "operatives" doing work on their behalf in actual institutional positions. In the end they tend to recruit based on favorable conditions, because otherwise no one would actually fall for their brokebrained bullshit.

Lowtax is an extremely lonely, sad white man with a massive entitlement complex who just became disenfranchised and is about to be desperate to make money with few other options. The conditions for recruitment are rarely going to get more ideal than that.

Brain Curry posted:

Don’t nazis view SA as a bastion of SJW culture? If so I can understand the appeal of roping in the founder.

This too. The spin writes itself.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The narrative conveniently ignores a whole bunch of obvious poo poo like "the teenage crowd from the 00s grew up, the loser extremists got more hardcore, and reddit/facebook/4chan became sinkholes for the edgy 'ironic' racist/fascist/Nazi where they can proliferate with much less pushback, financial, and emotional cost than they ever could on SA."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Some definitely did. Some are CHUDs/Nazis.