Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
hi gay, im dad

also im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pojr
Nov 4, 2014
i wish i were gay

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Solvent posted:

I never understood what any moral crusader would have against gay or bi people being as happily or miserably married as anyone else.

Happiness is a finite resource and what you need to do is sit on your pile of happiness and point a gun at anyone who tries to take some of the happiness

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Icochet posted:

Happiness is a finite resource and what you need to do is sit on your pile of happiness and point a gun at anyone who tries to take some of the happiness

The universe is finite. It's happiness finite. If joy is left unchecked, joy will cease to exist. It needs correction.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

zaepg posted:

Lol gay

Ha! You fell for it! I'm actually trans!! I bet you feel pretty silly now, doncha?! :c00lbert:

I'm also gay, but don't tell anyone :ssh:

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm trans a gay as heck

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

You know, the other day I was wondering if 3 Olives was still alive bc I saw the booze somewhere.

Turns out he is. Neat.

im gay

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BattleSausage posted:

I remember when my sister came out.

She brought me, my mom, my brother out to lunch and after a while was like "I have something to tell you" "I'm gay" My immediate response was "No poo poo, we had that figured out years ago" which I guess in hindsight wasn't the most eloquent way of handling it.

I got to walk her down the aisle to "give her away" to her new wife a couple years ago. Number 1 in life experiences. :3

This actually owns as a way to handle it

You're literally saying, well no duh, and also I don't care it ain't no thing

Like it's pretty explicitly showing support in that you knew and you didn't make a thing out of it cause she's still your sister, y'know?

It's way better than OMG I STILL LOVE YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bodyholes posted:

Me too. My parents are half-proud I'm told.

What a twist, mine were only half-dissapointed

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Miss Broccoli posted:

Like it's pretty explicitly showing support in that you knew and you didn't make a thing out of it cause she's still your sister, y'know?

Like, for sure the "duh" angle can feel pretty dismissive of how important it can be to people. But the "we still love you" makes it sound like you caught something terminal and they're willing to stick it out with you.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Who What Now posted:

I'm only bisexual :smith:

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

pojr posted:

i wish i were gay

there's still time to learn!

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
i’m only a little bit gay sometimes, as a treat.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

i'm they

(Also she and other things besides but I wish I'd been able to say that to my dad lol)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not gay, but if you were gay thatd be ok. Id still be friends with you anyway.

If you were queer! Id still be near!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
My primary role model in high school came out as trans a couple of years later (which rules and I think helped me realize how not into stereotypical masculinity I was), which she did by showing up at my house wearing women's clothing to hang out. I was like "oh hey, wearing a dress is cool, wanna help me reformat my old computer?" and that was pretty much the most we talked about it until she later told me I was the first person she had presented as female to.

Recently I was telling that story for the first time since it happened, and I broke down crying, because it actually hit me how hard it undoubtedly was for her to build up the nerve to do that, and I have likely never for a moment experienced that kind of stress. It absolutely sucks that it is surely harder to come out now than it was four years ago.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

This is SA, so I expect a good number of straight people to come in here being snarky and making it all about them and being "lol gay" comedy geniuses.
I am trying hard to make it clear that I do not matter beyond background noise; I hope this comes through!!!

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Nah, I'm going to upload into a supercomputer or evolve into a being of pure energy or something and do the whole transhumanist thing instead. The computer will be bi. The energy will be very gay.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

:same:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Xenocides posted:

Nah, I'm going to upload into a supercomputer or evolve into a being of pure energy or something and do the whole transhumanist thing instead. The computer will be bi. The energy will be very gay.

Is this... is this NOT the endgame for every trans person?

It's definitely mine.

Dr. Quarex posted:

I am trying hard to make it clear that I do not matter beyond background noise; I hope this comes through!!!

You're good. I don't wanna give the vibe that other people can't share. Sorry if it came across that way. :glomp:

Sherry Bahm fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 12, 2020

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
When I was small (and before I'd even considered that I might be bi) I was on the receiving end of homophobic bullying at school because I liked reading and wasn't good at sports and I'm so proud of my dad for sitting me down and explaining that even if I was gay that'd be all right too. And then clarifying the situation with my aunt and her best friend that I hadn't figured out on my own.

I have so much respect for that man: he helped and supported her when the rest of his family wanted to wash their hands of her -- and this was the 1970s when national media was pushing the "Gays want to molest your children" narrative, so he and my mum can't have come to that decision out of anything other than the basic compassion of his hearts.

My aunt is now happily married and thanks to a lifetime of my dad keeping the olive branch persistently held out, my ukip-voting uncle and his wife came to my aunt's wedding and shared the day with them.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I got bored one day and decided to come out. Nobody cared.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

What is the gay agenda I keep hearing about it.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Can we have a day where Three Olives goes back?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm bi, but only because I find dick sexually attractive (and not even on some days) I don't see myself in a relationship with another guy.

That being said, I completely support anyone and everyone's sexuality. Happy coming out day :toot:

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Archer666 posted:

I got bored one day and decided to come out. Nobody cared.

I always thought the meaning of the word gay was “without care”. Anybody who can respect someone else’s personhood has my vote, but my life experience tells me that even gay male culture is far from immune to toxic masculinity and the false sense of superiority it cultivates. Some polite version of “Dude I’m not into you” is a fair answer coming from anyone, and I’ve met far too many men who just don’t or won’t get that. If it’s enough to make a woman dislike being hit on, it seems fair to say that sexual aggression as a classically male trait would feel even stranger to someone who’s not classically its target.

It would seem that my operational understanding of feminism being that of desired equality would be pretty much the gay agenda.

Seems pretty similar to racism or classism too from this vantage. It seems that an interracial relationship is still not acceptable in many places a same sex relationship isn’t.

Perhaps it’s that finite nature of happiness, but I don’t make the bed every day and neither does my wife. We don’t really have the money to pay someone else to do it either, if we lacked the ability to control when we had kids, we’d have even less money, time and energy to do it.

It seems like there’s still a lot of happiness a minority of people are withholding for themselves.

I wonder if sometimes those people can even be some spectrum of gay.

It seems nice to think we’re all not so different I guess, but maybe that’s the straight white male in me talking. Maybe we’re all more different than I could ever know.

Sorry if I watered anything down in a thread that’s remarkably in earnest. Finding a good line of what’s acceptable is a pretty slippery slope already.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
let's all have sex with each other (in a gay way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Miss Broccoli posted:

I spend too much time in the r/relationships thread. One of my favorite story types that comes up every once in a while is where a teen worriedly comes out to their parents who respond with something low key like "Oh that's nice. What do you want for dinner?" Trying to play it cool so their kid feels accepted but the kid gets all upset because they expected more drama and fanfare.

Anyway it's okay to be gay. Get outa that closet friends.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Pretty sure it is mandatory gay marriages for everybody. It sure is taking a long time to get done though. I am just hoping my new husband has a higher net worth than me so I come out ahead in the deal.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

it's like a really nice leather bound planner that they use to keep track of their schedule

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Im pansexual and I've never told my parents but most of my friends and my wife knows and thats what matters!

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
I've attempted to come out a few times but people seem to have known already somehow.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
lol guys I have something important to say. I'm st-

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

This is SA, so I expect a good number of straight people to come in here being snarky and making it all about them and being "lol gay" comedy geniuses.

:negative:

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
okay let's try a different one: I prefer to come in if you know what I mean heh :grin:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
There should be a national closet day where gay dudes dress like poo poo and hit on women as a joke.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
A good friend of mine posted this and it popped up in my Facebook feed when I glanced at this thread title, so- enjoy!

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sudonim posted:

I spend too much time in the r/relationships thread. One of my favorite story types that comes up every once in a while is where a teen worriedly comes out to their parents who respond with something low key like "Oh that's nice. What do you want for dinner?" Trying to play it cool so their kid feels accepted but the kid gets all upset because they expected more drama and fanfare.

Anyway it's okay to be gay. Get outa that closet friends.

Yeah but that expectation comes from it being extremely difficult to come out, because it's a thing that could get you discriminated against. You're taking this huge step because you're scared of that, and you build it up in your head, and even if it goes well you come to expect it to be A Thing and then it isn't and It's Weird

Having it not be a big deal is how it should be, just like being straight is. Culture shifting towards treating it like any other Tuesday when someone comes out, overall, is good. I expect those teens to appreciate it was just a small thing in a few years, when they look back on it.

I don't know if you've ever experienced it but the super loud performative show of support just gets loving tiresome after a while too. It stops feeling about you and starts feeling about them.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I came out publicly last year by saying "ya boi ain't a boy, I'm trans, peace" and I'm incredibly proud of that to this day

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's a rad as poo poo way to come out

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I'm They but I'm also He and She sometimes too.

I'm not gay though. Eww. Imagine being attracted to just one gender!

Of course, seeing as it isn't bisexual visibility day, this post will probably look blank to most of you.

I'm out at work and to newer friends, but not old friends I haven't seen in a while. I'm half-out to my dad but not to my mum or any other older relatives, or my siblings. Not really sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Three Olives posted:

I was honestly a bit disappointed by being gay married, like, I thought it was going to be a ~thing~ but yeah, turns out it is just paperwork saying each other's poo poo is now our poo poo. It really hit me for the first time when I traded cars with my husband because he had a flat tire and the Discount Tire guy was going on about how the tires were fine but we should think about replacing them and I was like, this isn't even my car, go bug my husband and then I was like, poo poo, yeah, I guess this is technically my car, still, shut up. Also my dad is a racist rich old guy so I had already made my peace about it.

And yes, we leave the toilet seat down because we aren't tacky monsters. We even make the bed every day.
woah your parents are rich?