Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

*is 36, has a book shelf full of Funko pops and works in IT*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

I love my funko pops, and being a real adult man

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Going to take our insurance on my ‘pops.

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

I always bring my tony stark FP (short for “funko pop” ) with me when I go to the toilet and he sits in the little nest of undies and pants and look at me while I poop

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

I have a Harley Quinn funko pop that I often carry around in my rear end, as a secret. I haven’t had a girlfriend since college and she got hit by a car.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I can't see a use for pops other than throwing them at somebody trying to rob your domicile.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

I collect funko pops (TM) the way GBS collects funko pop threads.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Funko pops trigger a dopamine response me half as hard as the disgust response they trigger in goons.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
People who like Funko Pops listen to Imagine Dragons

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
im about to divorce my wife and that bitch thinks she is getting half my pops

heres a picture of me from 2 weeks in the future

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I smell even worse than I look like I smell, and I look like I smell very, VERY bad.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I have a harmless hobby that brings me some small measure of joy in this crazy world. For some reason strangers hate me for it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQqITpxOSY8&t=37s

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im funkopopular

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

snergle posted:

im about to divorce my wife and that bitch thinks she is getting half my pops

heres a picture of me from 2 weeks in the future

were they even worth anything anymore whenever that pic was taken? its not out of the question (since collectors are nuts) that theyre picking through a floor pile of $30 worth of novelty items assuming anyone would buy then at all

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The last thing you see before the soyface devours you

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I have a harmless hobby that brings me some small measure of joy in this crazy world. For some reason strangers hate me for it.
That hobby had better be Funko Pops buddy :toughguy:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im usually weirded out any time anyone has an extensive collection of anything

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 13, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Knormal posted:

That hobby had better be Funko Pops buddy :toughguy:

Ew. No. Collecting mass produced pop culture junk is pathetic. I collect women's underwear that I steal from clotheslines.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My gf made $800 on pops, and yes that’s $800 profit

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My house smells like plastic and cancer paints

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Funk In Shoe posted:

Going to take our insurance on my ‘pops.
Some of them are worth over $1,000 then you'll need to append an itemised list of "Named Items" for your Contents Insurance, otherwise payouts are capped at $1,000 for individual Funko Pops. I know this because I had a Limited Edition Comic Con 2017 Exclusive Funko Pop of Jarrett Omega from Babylon Heysus (a South American version of Baywatch, limited airing in 2003 but kept alive on illegally traded laser disks) and because I kept it brand new in the box it had a valuation of $1,370.22. It was number 16 of 75 and I had waited in line all night for it to be first in to sweep it up when it was released.

Long story short there was a problem with the wiring in the Funko Pop display case I had custom made for my basement and one of the lights overheated and melted the back of the box and made Jarrett's face a little droopy.

Real shame and dropped the value from A+++ Mint In Box down to a D grade which isn't worth anything. Contents Insurance capped the payout at $1,000 and then subtracted my deductible so I only ended up getting $500 cash in hand after a loss closer to $1,233.06 going by a recent valuation I got from Jarrett#1 at heysushowsits THE place to trade Babylon Heysus Funko Pops (check him out on eBay his store is amazing).

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Tom Servo and Crrrrrrooooooow Funko Pops :colbert:

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

RagnarokAngel posted:

The last thing you see before the soyface devours you

I can’t believe someone who owns that many takes them out of the box

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
More like Funko PLOPS, am I right?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Chrs posted:

I can’t believe someone who owns that many takes them out of the box

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Collecting the ugliest, blandest collectible ever invented, causing the media to invest in the creation of more of this poo poo instead of things anyone with two functioning brain cells would be proud of owning.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Moving my Noam Chomsky and Paul Krugman pops out of the way so that my brand new Nate Silver can really stand out.

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Bad Purchase posted:

Moving my Noam Chomsky and Paul Krugman pops out of the way so that my brand new Nate Silver can really stand out.
There is a 27% chance that your Paul Krugman Funko Pop is worth between $74.23 and $86.59 but as your Nate Silver Funko Pop can tell you, it's really worth $0.

Sorry for the bad news.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I have one room dedicated just to my funko pops collection and a 2nd room dedicated to preserving all the boxes the funko pops come in

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

kimihia posted:

There is a 27% chance that your Paul Krugman Funko Pop is worth between $74.23 and $86.59 but as your Nate Silver Funko Pop can tell you, it's really worth $0.

Sorry for the bad news.

they're not an investment, they're a hobby. i was able to manufacture consent from my wife for pop expenditures.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp
Lets play funko pops! I'll be a worthless hunk of garbage and you can be the box that I come in. :biglips:

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I have maybe 11or 12 funko pops related to some of my favorite media, with no real plans to buy more, and these threads still make me feel like a dingus, so i can't imagine how the guy with the whole wall full feels.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

How did these get so popular? They seem useless and ugly to me but If people want to buy a ton of them that’s fine I guess. :shrug:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Pawn 17 posted:

How did these get so popular? They seem useless and ugly to me but If people want to buy a ton of them that’s fine I guess. :shrug:

A consumer trend created by cultists in service to the sentient pacific trash continent. The Great Garbage Patch demands tribute.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I love my funk popps I love my Funk pops Frankenstein, Dr Evil, the prophet Muhammaded anything you can think of they have it and I will have it. Thank you for reading.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

How can I be an incel if my pops love me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Does anyone have any proof actual children buy/want these? Pretty sure it's just adult p-zombies who like them.