Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Jim Boylen younger than I thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I will stop this car and initiate Food Chat so help me god!

I am ordering Lou Malnati's deep dish next Saturday and neither god nor Bill Russell can stop me

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

got some chores tonight posted:

Thinking Basketball's Top-10 players in 2020.

He notes his tenth player could've been Paul George, if it weren't for his poor playoff performance on both offence and defence, or Rudy Gobert if he weren't so bearish on drop-back centers (which limited his ranking of Embiid as well).

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Morey will be blackballed to appease China

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I forgot Portis punched Mirotic so hard that he flew Team Rocket style all the way to Spain

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Airplane! is my favorite basketball movie

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

Blazer fans getting really mad at Miles for trying to play was fun

I'm still mad

but it was a very good move by Memphis lol

Also The Perfect Score is the best basketball movie.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
YUM!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
with the right moves, the T-Wolves could be little brother to the team that will not make the finals this decade

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I literally had to look up if McDyess died because of the last 10 posts or so

he's alive

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I don't remember if this came up during basketball card chat, but apparently the Menendez Brothers are on a Mark Jackson basketball card? Wild poo poo.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/how-two-serial-killers-were-discovered-on-an-old-mark-jackson-basketball-card/

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Here is the thing, it is that Modern Basketball and small-ball is in my opinion Bull poo poo and basketball should revert to its purest form where one team happens to have found a semi-coordinated gigantic freak of nature who just destroys everyone by being huge. A few years ago, I watched the FIBA Small Nations finals and Malta annihilated Norway in the final because Norway did not have anyone over 6'8" and Malta had this gigantic 7'5" mutant who they could not stop because he was doing things like putting the ball out of reach by lifting it over his head and shooting over their useless, ineffectual arms. It ruled, and you see that pretty much every other level of basketball where you have freaks lighting up teams by being too big and now in the NBA every single team is either a little guard or a small forward playing center and they all switch and the teams all Do Assets and it is lame as hell. In a real basketball league, every year Boban would be the MVP because it would be illegal to make him guard perimeter shooters and he can just anchor himself to the paint like a mythological creature somehow chained to a mountain and swat pathetic layup attempts and also goaltending would be legal so they couldn't shoot threes. Look, I'm not a monster. You can have Steph Curry and Dame, and even the vile and disgusting James Harden. The NBA needs to sell sneakers to small children. But in a real basketball league, any team attempting to put a 6'5" guy at center because he's "switchable" so he can do Sloane Conferencing for 35 minutes a night would get smashed as an unfathomably enormous guy who has to wear prescription shoes has stuck out his arm and the smaller player is helpless to lunge at the ball. I am available for speaking engagements, conferences, and to fill any vacant GM roles in the National Basketball Association.

Here's a vision of what I call Pure Basket
https://twitter.com/DesusandMeroVL/status/1009273382284726272

Please close the thread until next season begins, this is the perfect post

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Extreme Biden energy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

drat this is great for the Bulls.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Algund Eenboom posted:

Personally a big fan of bad coverup jobs like kenyon martin’s

This reminds me of Lonzo's trash coverup of a trash tat

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

chunkles posted:

ive been cutting my own hair and used the lowest setting on the clippers without thinking about it. honestly its great idk why lebron put it off for so long

welp, cya

I've been using a 1/2 guard this whole year and I'll never go back

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Metapod posted:

Everyone hear me out

Russ

To the trailblazers

if I refuse to visualize it, it won't happen, right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Athanatos posted:

Oh good, been a while since a giant Pacers mess.

Has it been?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Athanatos posted:

A semi-centennial of mediocrity isn't a giant mess

Haha, touche :tipshat:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/TheKobeBeef/status/1327267869978218505

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh god yes

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I like this for both tbh

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Chris Paul is gonna try to teach Ayton how to discretely sack tap and Ayton is gonna straight up sterilize somebody game 1

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BWV posted:

twitter taking a weird stand on disinformation.

He's just asking questions man

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Shammmmms

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

euphronius posted:

High chance of that team flaking out impressively but they could win a title or two before that happens

Finally a title for NYC

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hell yeah boiler up

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

is this the chubby white guy with the lovely facial hair I hated that guy

You have barely narrowed down Purdue alumni whatsoever

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

this rear end in a top hat

Future league co-MVP with Carsen Edwards

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

gently caress, that rules

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/drewhill_dm/status/1329832913932836872?s=21

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Magic's master plan all along

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

This would own a lot for NO

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Are the Rockets still gonna be up there? Suppose it definitely depends on whether or not they're done selling off talent.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Zogobot please implement high/low seed ranges into the 2020-21 season poll tia

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Chris Bosh is a guest judge on an episode of the new season of Sugar Rush Christmas on Netflix lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I like watching Steph except for the mouthguard stuff

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rick posted:

Evan Turner has returned to Blazers East.

I read everything but the last word and got supremely worried :ohdear:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

a new study bible! posted:

Steph Curry isn't living rent free anywhere.

Certainly not in the bay area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I did not think it was possible to hate Gordon Hayward more