Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobalt-60

by Azathoth
Not giving up my precious video games to some filthy human.

Go to the non-guarded gate, idiot. 338

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

we bribe the guard (1036):

Probably a good choice. There's lots of ways to deal with this guy but he's a significant early-game threat if you don't manage to outsmart him, or bribe him. And the Azari is handy in a couple of scenarios, but IIRC we've avoided them so it'd mostly be junk we were hauling around from here on out. into the mountains (1698):

so far we've avoided a lot of conflict, which is good : the elf sucks at conflict. But it gets a little tougher from here, probably! Which ominous way should we go?

Adventure scroll:

Mega64

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What's the point of having a magic ring if we can't ask the eagles to carry us to the place we're going

Go to the spire

FoolyCharged

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Let's go talk to be disemboweled by the eagles.

spire

Outrail

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Gully. Birds are stupid but small businessmen can be scammed.

RandomPauI

gully

kaschei

spire to get some delicious eggs

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

hello let's play!

Mr. Merdle

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Just like numbers, elf should go up, up, up! Let's hit the spire!

ChubbyChecker

Eagels!

ChubbyChecker

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

hello let's play!

what on earth?

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
takin the thread on tour!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
go for the spire...

Outrail

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hello let's play!

Voting we visit E/N or ask/tell next week.

Also I'm glad you're doing this Isaias, we need something grounded to balance out the current absurdity of the world.

ChubbyChecker

Outrail posted:

Also I'm glad you're doing this Isaias, we need something grounded to balance out the current absurdity of the world.

QCS or bust!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

ChubbyChecker posted:

QCS or bust!

:hai:

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Outrail posted:

im not really known for "grounded" but it is a real book that exists and this is a pretty straight reading of it so it shouldn't be too out there!

Outrail

www.sapphicrobotica.com

im not really known for "grounded" but it is a real book that exists and this is a pretty straight reading of it so it shouldn't be too out there!

Well poo poo, you're not kidding. Incredible. I know what someone's getting for Christmas.

Cobalt-60

by Azathoth
Fly, (with the) Eagles, fly!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

right lets do it. heading to the spire (1772):

Our choice here: keep going along the path leading to what is definitely a bunch of giant eagles, or change course by trying to platform along the side of the mountains. We have Enough Rope so we'll be fine, it's going to be ok. So either way is good, or at least won't cost us any Effort.

ChubbyChecker

Lets feed the eagles 892

Outrail

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Enough Rope to 259. I will always vote for the potential for goblins

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3940023 please check this out if you're enjoying the thread, they are putting on a live reading of the elf tomorrow and it looks pretty high effort and entertaining. plus it's free.

also if you're new to the thread keep an eye on the second post for updates, and also a goon discount if you want to buy a pdf of the book so you can read all the choices in advance and ruin the surprise for yourself.

Cobalt-60

by Azathoth
We haven't come this far to turn back. Keep going!

Bubbalooki

Giant Eagles n'at

Leperflesh

use the enough rope obv
we are a lazy half elf we are not gonna climb more up, and deal with that poo poo, when we have been hauling this rope around anyway

FoolyCharged

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Press to the spike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7YBuu-KxgU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

The live reading of the book is starting now, get over there if you wanna catch it!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sword-of-the-bastard-elf-virtual-show-tickets-122920960903

ChubbyChecker

The live reading of the book is starting now, get over there if you wanna catch it!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sword-of-the-bastard-elf-virtual-show-tickets-122920960903

what do i need to click to see it

AtomikKrab

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

We got rope and stuff

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

A small majority for the eagles! we head on (892)

What next?

The live reading last night was really fun! but it only got about 2/3rd the way through. Elf is a huge book but the play throughs are relatively short, but even so it's probably a few hours at a time.

Mega64

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Talk to the eagles and maybe get to bang one.

ChubbyChecker

Talk to those fuckers.

FoolyCharged

Mega64 posted:

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

ChubbyChecker posted:

Talk to those fuckers.

Bubbalooki

Mega64 posted:

Outrail

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Mega64 posted:

This is a terrible idea but the tribe has spoken.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Let's just talk to them, should be easy enough with this ring. 782:

huh. Ok, i'm assuming we're gonna try to get up there since we have lots of Effort left and the alternative is leaving.

Difficulty is 10, and we have 3 Fists with the sweet belt, so i'm allocating 6 Effort to this task. I roll 3 dice and get 6, 4 and 6. The highest roll is 6, and adding that to the Effort spent we get 12, which is greater than 10, so we succeed. Total Effort cost is 7 because our Shield adds 1 every time we spent Effort. We now have 71 Effort as we crawl over the top, and turn to 1719:

How do you want to deal with these overgrown chickens?

Adventure Scroll:

kaschei

let's ignore all possible favorable outcomes and freak out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hear 'em out