Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can’t believe this is real. Remember when they casted James Olmos and then did nothing with him?

And remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlZnbagyj6c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We’re almost done with the first page and no one has posted the treadmill gif.

Are we even real fans?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dexter killing Oliver while in custody with a pencil immediately followed by Dexter, Batista, and I think Masuka reviewing the security footage in which it’s clear that Dexter straight up murders the guy and they al go “..... looked like self defense to me” so Dexter gets to once again walk away from any consequence was pretty loving great in how cowardly this show was at having Dex face any real repercussions.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This reboot will be an abject failure if Masuka isn’t back.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

big energy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i know what happened here

two words: autoerotic mummyfication

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I WILL gently caress YOU BACK IN WAYS YOU NEVER EVEN IMAGINED

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Slamhound posted:

One of my favorite non-thread Dexter memories is that when I would tell people Dexter becomes a lumberjack they would laugh because they didn’t believe me.

You couldn’t even spoil this poo poo.

dexter fakes his death by taking his dying sister on a boat ride towards a hurricane named after his mother.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gang tag should be the entire Masuka explaining the crime scene gif.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remember when Dexter kidnapped and murdered someone in an international airport?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chicky Hines was the friends we made along the way.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dexter getting couple’s advice from the smugglers he kills was pretty funny

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FishBowlRobot posted:

And Dexter randomly getting his dick sucked.

Is this when the dad gives him a thumbs up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thinking about the time Dexter kidnapped, murdered, and carried a corpse from an international airport.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1352788077262090241?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvImJz6hRl0

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If that’s the route they’re going and we don’t get ghost Doakes why did they bother at all

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remember when Dexter killed Oliver while in police custody WHILE BEING RECORDED and then they review the footage with Dexter and go wow buddy that was close good thing you stabbed him in the neck with a PEN nothing to be concerned about there and they let Dexter go.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 27, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It was a pen lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just me and the boys watching me kill someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-JQlwPyM-s

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

And to be fair that almost half works if you go with the premise that Quinn 100% knows Dexter is a serial killer and is cool with it after years of nothing happening.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Honestly there’s parts of S7 in terms of Deb finding out and dealing with it that are real good. But there’s just so much hosed up poo poo in S7 and 8 and that’s before you find out this coincides with them divorcing in real life that it just makes an already big mess an even bigger mess

Remember the IT guy or something that was also an indie game dev making a game bout serial killers and he pissed off dexter somehow then he gets killed by the gay mob dude?!??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brock Samson posted:

this is a joke right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWjiZY8snh8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Keep remembering they gave Masuka a horny intern for no reason.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sons of Anarchy thread was incredible once the show got really bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

my college days were peak TV. 24 on mondays, house on tuesdays, lost on wednesdays, Thursday was… some fox show? And I think Friday was the later half of BSG then the premium HBO/showtime poo poo on sundays.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Neither did they

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This has to be complete loving clickbait holy poo poo Dexter is a stupid show but even them wouldn’t be THIS stupid, right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Poor Harrison was 27 years old when he fell on that treadmill

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MiddleOne posted:

Oh my god they totally will be doing an homage to the opening won't they

It was the one genuinely great thing in the old show

The homage they did once Harrison was born was funny as hell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Had this pop up on my feed as it appears I posted it 8 years ago

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, it didn't come in the episode I watched last night, but Deb tells the therapist for the first time that Dexter is her adopted brother not a blood relation, and there's a humongous shift in the therapists' demeanor like she's all of a sudden very intrigued by this.

The therapist is super lovely at her job. Like every scene she basically acts like your know-it-all friend who's very pushy about their suggestions for how you should live your life. It seems like it was written by someone who's never been to therapy and thinks a therapist is the same as a life coach or something.

The therapist is the personification of the writer’s room and they only started doing this plot line after Carpenter and Hall divorced in real life jus to have a laugh.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

He was, and one time, it happened IN FRONT OF QUINN AND BATISTA, and they just looked disappointed.

Dexter: No one cares, who gives a poo poo.

Lol yeah its great

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just me and the boys watching me kill someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-JQlwPyM-s

itry posted:

Just read Zulily's summary instead

Incredibly hosed up that the summary does not mention the tiny subtle detail that all of this is taking place as a hurricane named after Dexter’s mother is arriving to Miami and the whole taking deb and dumping her in the harbor is immediately followed by him just driving his boat into the hurricane (named after his mother)

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Sep 10, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Noho Hank owns

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m curious as to how Harrison would even know of Dexter, let along figure out that Dexter is alive and in the middle of nowhere without some incredibly stupid setup like Dexter going viral on some video but that should also get Miami PD, the FBI, and everyone else in the world to take notice.

anyways sounds stupid as gently caress as I’m ready to hate watch just as I did before.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

S2 not having an actual villain I think works as an extension of S1. S1 brought a lot of heat to Dexter's work, personal life, and dark passenger life and S2 was spent basically facing the consequences of what happened and him trying to untangle poo poo while the walls closed in. I feel it could have led to something better or more creative to take the show in a new/fresh direction but they opted with the safe play of simply giving Dexter too many outs, get rid of Doakes clealy, then leave Dexter in an even better position than when he started.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JaddaCaddra posted:

Holy loving poo poo, the letter Dexter sent to Hannah from Oregon had a return address on it. gently caress this show.

I'm reading this, and I know you're not lying, but I'm still just not going to believe you.

god drat I wish I had showtime

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Show’s good? drat i need to catch this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

Not in the way you'd want from a Dexter finale.

Batista and Quinn do see Dexter murder the bad guy of a season while the guy is in custody and restrained and they both just go "Wow, looks like self-defense to me"

Thin blue line, baybee.