Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

"I'm in!", I say in a hoarse whisper, into my Android. "I'll have the information to you by next week. Until then I'm going to have to maintain total radio silence! If you don't hear from me by Saturday at 0:00, you're going to need to assume the worst and take whatever precautions you deem necessary! SuperAwesomeTunnelSnake out!"

My hand shakes and I wipe a bit of sweat from my brow. No! Not now! I take a swig of Mountain Dew, steady my nerves, and type the words forums.somethingawful.com into my Chrome address bar. For the next week I'm going to need to blend in seamlessly. I must keep a low profile! I must not to get caught! If they knew what I was doing, who I was in contact with, it could all be over! Let too much information slip and it could all be over! I could get a mocked endlessly, made an example of and possibly given a sixer. I shuddered to think about it but I could even be...banned! No time to think about that now! It's time for me to mine the secrets of the Something Awful Forums for Vice Media so they can do another piece on how these forums used Goatse to put Donald Trump in the Whitehouse! It would take all of my courage, all of my cunning, and several cases of Mountain Dew! But I needed this! Not for the glory, but for the money! I needed...the :10bux:!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

vice reporter: so you said BYOB?

me: ya

vice reporter: And so what does that stand for?

FutonForensic

vice: what--what should I call you?

me: call me.... deepthroat

[as they're walking away] me: no wait. call me buttstuff. call me painslut. call me slimetime. call me footjob. call me cock receptacle.

Escape From Noise

Leaving coded messages for my handlers in my posts based on a complex system of smilies and quoted texts

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

wearing a lampshade

nut posted:

xcheopis

Casually hanging in byob when I suddenly get a pm from my contact in gbs

quote:

:frogout:

Hastily discarding pic posts and hoping I make it to the border

nut

me: I guess friendship, and posting

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
You're not going to believe this, but an international cadre of art thieves posts the details of their latest crimes with impunity in these forums!

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

xcheopis posted:

Casually hanging in byob when I suddenly get a pm from my contact in gbs

Hastily discarding pic posts and hoping I make it to the border

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

xcheopis

ohshitohshitohgently caress my contact posted a banme i need an extraction team!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
coupons and deals mod: he's wearing a wire!

me hastily scrolling through TVIV: season 3 was best imo

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

wearing a lampshade

This Poster Had 69 PMs - Until They Didnt
A hard look into the seedy underbelly of the blue forum

wearing a lampshade

"So yeah theres like soft colours, all your pals are there, and theres a cute cat hanging from a -"
"DISGUSTING. How can you people live with yourselves?! Ill expose you and shine a light into your cruel ring of psychos and perverts!"
"... its a hammock. The cats in a hammock chilling."
"Oh. Well you didnt come forward soon enough, you coward. Ive already gotten the first draft to my editor - he loved it - and its published, its on the front page of the site even. I retweeted it from our corp account and its already trending faster than the fly on mike pence's head. Im getting book offers and all these coke dealers slid into my dms. Ive made it. Im living the dream. Ill add a retraction at the end of the article, nobody will read it though. Im sorry i had to do you dirty like that, but frankly you shouldnt have said it like that. Youre just as guilty as me - no, guiltier. The guiltiest. Im just a journalist trying to make the world a better place. Besides, nobody is going to listen to you. Weird twitter isnt even cool anymore, whos gonna give credence to a bunch of smoked out 'postin pals' or whatever you call yourselves. You cant do anything. Youre pathetic. Im on top of the world and youre just posting 'tane' and 'orb' at your friends like it means something -"
"Tane."
"- w what??"
"Orb."
"Y-you... youd still forgive me? After all ive done?"
*nodding* "It is wednesday, my dude."
"No... no its not." *shakes head, tears raining down* "its friday, but i think i understand. Thank you. For everything."
":emptyquote:"

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

ohshitohshitohgently caress my contact posted a banme i need an extraction team!

:gaz::help::gaz: I repeat,:gaz::help::gaz: This is not a drill!

xcheopis

albany academy posted:

"So yeah theres like soft colours, all your pals are there, and theres a cute cat hanging from a -"
"DISGUSTING. How can you people live with yourselves?! Ill expose you and shine a light into your cruel ring of psychos and perverts!"
"Oh. Well you didnt come forward soon enough, you coward. Ive already gotten the first draft to my editor - he loved it - and its published, its on the front page of the site even. I retweeted it from our corp account and its already trending faster than the fly on mike pence's head. Im getting book offers and all these coke dealers slid into my dms. Ive made it. Im living the dream. Ill add a retraction at the end of the article, nobody will read it though. Im sorry i had to do you dirty like that, but frankly you shouldnt have said it like that. Youre just as guilty as me - no, guiltier. The guiltiest. Im just a journalist trying to make the world a better place. Besides, nobody is going to listen to you. Weird twitter isnt even cool anymore, whos gonna give credence to a bunch of smoked out 'postin pals' or whatever you call yourselves. You cant do anything. Youre pathetic. Im on top of the world and youre just posting 'tane' and 'orb' at your friends like it means something -"
"Tane."
"- w what??"
"Orb."
"No... no its not." *shakes head, tears raining down* "its friday, but i think i understand. Thank you. For everything."

Under the spreading goatse cheeks
I quote you, get probed two weeks

Evil Bob

albany academy posted:

"Tane."
"- w what??"
"Orb."

I propose a vice article that is just empty quotes of this thread

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

FutonForensic posted:

[as they're walking away] me: no wait. call me buttstuff. call me painslut. call me slimetime. call me footjob. call me cock receptacle.

nut

FutonForensic posted:

i tried to emptyquote this in a forest with bad reception and i can't remember if it went through and i'm too lazy to scroll up

google THIS

FutonForensic posted:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
"ok vince you're next assignment is going undercover to report on the ongoing chaos and unrest in syria, jess i know you're just getting back on your feet after nearly dying on your last assignment but you've got the human trafficking story in the middle east annnnnnd gary... *snickering*....you've got... *shuffles through a stack of papers* ...the something awful blog forums. ok go get em guys."

pseudorandom

nut

FutonForensic

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

albany academy posted:

"Tane."
"- w what??"
"Orb."

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

ngl if that shirt came into my possession i would wear it until it smelled real bad

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

holy lol

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Evil Bob

wearing a lampshade

Chewbecca

Searching desperately for a haven of Nazis but finding only incomprehensible in-jokes, mile long sigs and smilies which could potentially be code for nazi activity like :tinsley: and :randvince:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

/!\ Breaking: "poo poo" is actually secret SA code, more at eleven! /!\

pseudorandom

Everyone appears to live in massive, heavily armed fortresses. They're constantly telling everyone about their multi-story residences with "stairs" and how they're "protected".

Heather Papps

hello friend

*i drag a finger along the side of a computer, then taste*
"mangosteen."

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

my editor turned away my story. it seems that "salmon soup" is too hosed up and depraved even for vice media. go figure

google THIS

Macnult

Gavin McInnes, co-creator of Vice and founder of the Proud Boys: I noticed that the one Nazi forum came back. They keep saying something like "RIP Jim" or whatever. Is that the signal? They still there? What's the story?
Me: It's a long one.
Gavin: That's no issue, I have nothing else booked today.
Me: ...Youuuuuu don't understand.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
lmao @ this thread

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

vanisher

FutonForensic posted:

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Chewbecca

"I think I'm really onto something here. The whole thing seems to be an elaborate front for some kind of contraband smuggling racket, code name 'Vegemite'. Just give me two more weeks and I'll be able t..what.. no why would they actually be smuggling Vegemite that poo poo is weird and gross"

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Hey, do y'all have........ staircases in your homes?

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Hey, do y'all have........ staircases in your homes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKz4NxpFW5I