Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
the past few years i realized that i'd missed out on broccoli for the majority of my life and once i found ways to prepare it i realized i love it. i found a great recipe for grilled broccoli

coat the broccoli in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and parmesan cheese and grill on medium high, turning once to get it kind of crispy. don't cook it in tinfoil cook it right on the grill so make sure not to cut it so small that it falls through. it's good if you can get a little char on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

aldantefax posted:

correct

actually, my mom just made some amazing green beans today. im gonna have em for luncherino

hot doggy that is a good soundin way to cook a brocc!

i found a cool video because aside from thinking about beans recently, i have thought about drinking a very large quantity of chai, which is why i am getting near a kilo of jaggery and a pound of cardamom pods tomorrow (we got the rest of the stuff already)

there used to be a place when i would visit now IK leperflesh where we'd go out to eat sometimes that was a badass indian restaurant that had bottomless chai. i could just not get enough of the stuff whenever we ate there! it was real good. fond memories, of chai

leperflesh used to post in some of my threads years ago, i like them :)

curious if anyone knows any good green bean recipes as i've tried a ton but can only make them "ok" whereas most other veggies i can make taste great be it by grill, saute or roasting

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

aldantefax posted:

i present to you for consideration a way to make ur beans crisp and flavorful with a sauce https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/thai-green-beans/

basically, you dont gotta go hard to the paint on the beans, just get em hot and sauced and serve immediately, or you can slice them diagonally so they look cool and stir fry em with your protein and sauce of choice

green beans have a good way of texturally enhancing a dish while providing a little bitterness and a little sweetness - sometimes i will just eat them as a side lightly steamed and then with a sauce or like some mayo because drat it feels good to be a gangsta sometimes

i'll definitely try this at home, ty. i like them with almonds too. when i cook for the people i work with one of them is deathly allergic to nuts so i have to avoid those so my go to has been cooking them with some diced sweet onion and garlic in chicken stock and it comes out ok but just not the "wow" i want out of a good veg

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

It's kind of become a trend food now but I love roasted Brussels sprouts. My wife found an awesome recipe. A little bacon, honey, and balsamic reduction, gotta get some good browning and a nice crisp char on the outer leaves for the full effect.

i've gotta try that. i roast them with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder and make sure to space them far enough apart so they crisp up nicely.

Busty Nutsack posted:

you know what the secret to Asian green beans is???? deep frying!

if the beans have wrinkly skins (they're the best when they do) that means they either deep fried or shallow fried them (that just means less oil)

once they're fried then they throw 'um in with whatever sauce or other ingredients

ok two posts now about asian green beans, i need to look into asian recipes more