Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Old James posted:

They said, if the state has a law forbidding them from being faithless then they must obey that law.

So electors in states that don't have such a law can do what they want.

Also some of the states that do have laws are just things like $500 fines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Less plausible but fun

Imagine the broken brains

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Oct 22, 2020

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I think the most likely outcomes, in order, are

1. Trump overperforms his popular vote expectations slightly, Biden disappoints because D's don't turn out on election day. Trump hits like 44% popular vote, trails by 4-5% nationally, and wins a slim EV victory based on a red PA, OH, NC, AZ, and 1 midwestern state.
2. Biden's for real and people really hate Trump that much. He wins an EV victory around 60-80 votes.
3. Biden's not for real but still 'wins' a slim EV victory with a blue PA and AZ. Chaos ensues.
4. Tie I've outlined above.
5. Something no one could imagine but that is very stupid.

Five includes stuff like 3. combined with fuckery with the vote counting process leading to state legislatures declaring the state vote invalid and trying to send their own electors and stuff like that, right?

Because as unlikely as it is that would be a hell of a loving show.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Penisaurus Sex posted:

no 5 is distinct from 3 because I think a lot of people could conceive of what you're describing.

I'm talking about like, Trump's not corona immune and dies and Pence beats Biden and selects Cotton as his VP or something.

Yeah drat. Or how about Biden wins but post election and pre inauguration Biden dies and the Supreme Court rules that the current VP is obviously the proper successor

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
The tie-breaking procedure is too lame though. It really should be decided by coin toss.

I see a fighting rooster. Is this a fighting rooster map?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Brogeoisie posted:

Montana for no reason but why not

I mean, presidentially, Montana voted for the Democrat more recently than a non-incumbent Republican won the popular vote