Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Are these things our everywhere now? I would gently caress with this chicken sammy but the original absolutely does not need cheese on it :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
CHICKENCHEESE :imunfunny:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I used to eat Italian chicken sandwiches all the time as a kid.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

chicken suave (the)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the thought never occured to me to make my own custom rodeo chicken sandwich like that but now im extremely hungry

i salute you TVL

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

word to the wise. appealing as that looks, the burger king bacon is, like, unbearably salty. onion rings were a good call, but I think if you add bacon you might have to add tomatoes too

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
do people truly care about how salty it is if they are already eating burger king

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it's salty enough that it's difficult for me to eat and I have a high tolerance for salt

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The long chicken sandwich is also very salty to start with.

I'm trying to think what other toppings would be good w/ onion rings and bbq. I think regular onions would actually be pretty good in there alongside the rings. Tomato seems like it would be weird w/ the bbq sauce.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Tomato seems like it would be weird w/ the bbq sauce.

it's fine. lettuce and tomato are regular produce toppings for bbq sammiches. the only real problem is that if your bbq substrate is slippery, like pulled pork drenched in sauce or really anything drenched in sauce, the natural slipperiness of the tomato is multiplied.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

The Voice of Labor posted:

it's fine. lettuce and tomato are regular produce toppings for bbq sammiches.

Is this what we’re calling onions and pickles these days?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ordered BK because it was 30 minutes faster on door dash. Getting the spicy chicken burger (which I've never had it before ), and a DOUBLE impossible whopper (which I've had in singular form, thus why I approve).

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Went to BK for lunch at work this weekend, almost tried the rodeo long chicken secret menu recipe. Would have been ~$6 for a whopper, long chicken with tomato and onion, and value size onion rings +BBQ packet.

Instead I used a coupon for $3 large fry and 10 chicken nuggers, plus a $1 bacon cheebubger. Still too much food, I can't imagine trying to finish my shift after a whopper and rodeo long chicken.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

shoulda called The Impossible Whopper "The Whopper Whopper." Because the meat is a lie, you see

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

people often speculate as to why a vegetarian would want something that tastes like meat and the answer is me. i can stand to be good if you shove enough salt & fat in there

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HAIL THE NEW FLESH

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Royal Updog posted:

people often speculate as to why a vegetarian would want something that tastes like meat and the answer is me. i can stand to be good if you shove enough salt & fat in there

Fast food is special, I think we can all agree. If you can scratch that itch and be less cruel to animals and the environment it’s ok by me.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

tetsuo posted:

gently caress yes I love these dirty hooker chicken sandwiches. utterly nasty but I'll gorge myself on them.

I'm still not sure they contain any actual chicken; they've never convinced me they're not just bread soaked in chicken grease and whatever they coat chicken biscuit crackers with. But you get one that's fresh out of the fryer, and it's the nectar of the gods.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Target Track Jacket posted:

Are these things our everywhere now? I would gently caress with this chicken sammy but the original absolutely does not need cheese on it :barf:

I finally got one over the weekend. It did not come with cheese as standard so I didn't include it. The chicken was reminiscent of what I got from the cafeteria in highschool.
slightly too much "crispy" in each bite and the tomato slice was at the back of the sandwich so it was mostly just mayo lettuce and fried-flavor chicken. Nothing really special or worth going back for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Target Track Jacket posted:

slightly too much "crispy" in each bite

:getout:

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

pointlessone posted:

I'm still not sure they contain any actual chicken; they've never convinced me they're not just bread soaked in chicken grease and whatever they coat chicken biscuit crackers with. But you get one that's fresh out of the fryer, and it's the nectar of the gods.

I got a tiny rib bone in a long chicken sandy as a kid, so they at least used to contain fowl fragments

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
That was a very skinny rock

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
in the drive thru about to get the BK popeye ripoff sandwich. will report back

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Pretty bold for BK to finally enter the chicken sandwich game after everyone else already has. Seems pretty played out by now imho

----------------

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

original means the first, yo. in 1326 king burger, founder of burger king, three years after his creation of the burger sandwich, placed breaded fried chicken on bread slathered with hand churned mayonnaise and a single leaf of lettuce. thus the chicken sandwich was created. the original chicken sandwich, some three hundred fifty years before the earl of sandwich laid his duplicitous claim on the legacy of sandwich.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

barnold posted:

in the drive thru about to get the BK popeye ripoff sandwich. will report back

I've had it a few times, it's not Popeye's/CFA tier but it kicks the poo poo out of McDs effort.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
BK sandwich verdict: not as good as Popeye's (can anything truly be as good?) but definitely a good chicken sandwich. lightyears ahead of McDonald's, and something I'd definitely consider getting again if I was at the bk lounge. not sure it tops the bacon and cheddar crispy chicken though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just checked the app to see if they had a chicken sandwich coupon and nope, but they do have 40 nuggets for $4.99

----------------

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

that's 12 1/2 cpn, cents per nugget

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Let me see these chickens.

----------------

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Having eaten their nuggets, that seems a little high

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

I don't understand how those nuggets can be so bad. They have the perfect recipe for them, just make smaller versions of the long bun slabs, but they ended up with this dry and flavorless mess.

Good to hear the chicken wars sandwich is good at least!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Which chicken sandwich is it? On their site they have a crispy chicken sandwich that comes with lettuce and tomato. Is that it?

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

just checked the app to see if they had a chicken sandwich coupon and nope, but they do have 40 nuggets for $4.99

I've made a huge mistake

----------------

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I have no idea how burger king manages to gently caress up something as simple as chicken nuggets that badly, but somehow they do.

Always a disaster.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Had an original chicken sandwich yesterday for the first time in maybe 10 years and it was kind of terrible, wtf happened to the sauce?? Not appealing

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

get a few more at different times of day or from different locations so you know for sure it wasn't a fluke

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

wtf happened to the sauce?? Not appealing

:confused: The only sauce they ever came with was mayo, which afaik they still do.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

stuff can happen to mayo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Had one of these. Was completely underwhelmed at first, pretty much that "Is this the flavor they were going for, or is the oil old" standard BK nugget flavor...

Then the pickles hit and everything came together. The bun suddenly was a pillowy sweet contrast to the acid of the pickle, while complimenting the crunchy chicken breding. That same flavor that seemed questionable mixed with the dill and suddenly was on par with every other sandwich in the chicken wars.

Without pickles: 3 out of 10
With pickles: 8 out of 10

Don't bother if you don't like pickles, they're trash tier without then bringing it all together.