Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Slotducks posted:

it's the rampant amount of lead exposure breaking the poo poo out of their brain chemistry

Thomas Midgley did not die fast enough or horrible enough for what he did to the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

He loves to wear this weird bifurcated Heaven and Hell suit that's like blue with a fluffy clouds lining on on side and red with flames lining on the other like he's Two Face or something because Ta-Nehisi Coates started having the Red Skull just block quote poo poo that Peterson said or wrote for his run writing Captain America. And instead of being embarrassed or introspective about why his words could easily be inserted into the mouth of a literal Nazi, it crack pinged Jorps's brain and he went "hell yeah, I'm a super villain now" and just made it part of his brand.

I would put money on his daughter thinking that leaning into the supervillain stuff will get them more attention and she just wants to milk this cow until powdered milk comes out

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Elukka posted:

He also, as was alluded to, doesn't understand addiction and sees it as a moral problem. He used to make these blog posts where he posted a sketchy amount of detail about his patients and he just openly despised them, them and their moral inferiority that leads to their addiction.

What a piece of poo poo.

Also a bit odd to discuss people's moral failings while you yourself are publicly posting about them which completely unethical.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I have suffered from physical addiction to alcohol AND I have low moral value, come at me

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What a piece of poo poo.

Also a bit odd to discuss people's moral failings while you yourself are publicly posting about them which completely unethical.

Sounds like your average right wing media rear end in a top hat to me.

My addiction is a special, unpredictable circumstance that should be treated with dignity and respect it's all those worthless junkies out there that should be hurt. That'll stop them, it's what they deserve.

My abortion is a special, unfortunate circumstance that should be treated with dignity and respect it's all those sluts and whores out there that should be hurt. That'll stop them, it's what they deserve.

My immigration is a special, deserving circumstance that should be treated with dignity and respect it's all those invaders looking to steal from the country that should be hurt. That'll stop them, it's what they deserve.

And so on and so on.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

As the great philosopher Frank Wilhoit (some random dude in a blog comment section) opined:

quote:

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I AM GRANDO posted:

Addiction=moral weakness
I=morally strong

So whatever my problem is, it’s an understandable special circumstance that deserves careful attention, unlike those junkies who should all be killed. See also the conservative understandings of abortion and migration.

On an even deeper level it has to do with assigning moral valence to strength and weakness to begin with.

Slotducks posted:

it's the rampant amount of lead exposure breaking the poo poo out of their brain chemistry

Evil is not a mental handicap. Jorp was evil long before he had any brain damage.

E: in fact I have to wonder how much of this medicalization comes from liberals and leftists often being afraid of saying the word "evil" to describe things that contravene their deepest moral values, because the word is "right coded" or some similar bullshit.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 26, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

evil is a reductive and unhelpful way to describe anything because it linguistically excuses the assigner of having to examine the thing they are describing in any way that might expose that it is less cause and more symptom.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Slotducks posted:

Why does the youth today hate heavy metal so much? Woke culture has gone to far!!!!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DominoKitten posted:

As the great philosopher Frank Wilhoit (some random dude in a blog comment section) opined:

The cited article is a pretty great interview with him, I have to say.

https://slate.com/business/2022/06/wilhoits-law-conservatives-frank-wilhoit.html

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/decoding-the-gurus/id1531266667

Good Jorp episode of this podcast

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm pretty sure that's the episode which had Jorp claiming Maleficent is more an Oedipal mother figure than Oedipus's mother.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
It’s the most recent episode, I.e. the one uploaded yesterday and mainly concerned with analysing his interview with Destiny

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Woolie Wool posted:

Evil is not a mental handicap. Jorp was evil long before he had any brain damage.

E: in fact I have to wonder how much of this medicalization comes from liberals and leftists often being afraid of saying the word "evil" to describe things that contravene their deepest moral values, because the word is "right coded" or some similar bullshit.

I'm not specifically talking about Jorp -- his special brand of brain damage is ontop of his baseline of lead poisoning that boomers and early xers have.

Woolie Wool posted:

Because why play into the right's fascination with using media allegories to simplify extremely complex nuanced topics? Their perception on reality is good guy vs bad guy over simplifications on the grandest of scales.

Liberals and leftists try to throw a little bit more nuance into things, even if it's just a label for describing someone's behaviours or general existence.

Slotducks fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 27, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Minotaurus Rex posted:

It’s the most recent episode, I.e. the one uploaded yesterday and mainly concerned with analysing his interview with Destiny

Whoops. It hadn't updated in my podcast feed. Sorry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I have suffered from physical addiction to alcohol AND I have low moral value, come at me

Dr. Peterson, welcome to the thread!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

nine-gear crow posted:

And instead of being embarrassed or introspective about why his words could easily be inserted into the mouth of a literal Nazi, it crack pinged Jorps's brain and he went "hell yeah, I'm a super villain now" and just made it part of his brand.

He's had people only ask him about the "JQ" and all he could do is ask people why they would ask him something horrible, instead of asking himself why these people would feel comfortable asking him.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
in all fairness he thought the JQ was a measure of how much your thinking aligns with Jordan.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yes. I'm glad they finally got back to JBP seems like a fruitful time.

Listening to it now, good gracious I forgot what a shitlord this guy is.

Harald fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 27, 2024

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Destiny looks way different than on Flavor of Love

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Slotducks posted:

Also being raised to revel in indulgence and hedonism personally while being violently offended at the idea of anyone unlike themselves experiencing the slightest amount of pleasure

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

also in one of his post-coma interviews, the interviewer straight up pointed out that he got his doctorate in addiction mechanics, and he was about to admit that he probably should have known better, before his daughter cut in, spewed some nonsense about how he was never addicted but merely had a rare comorbidity that no one could have predicted, and ended the interview

I'd actually feel bad for him if he weren't in a hell entirely of his own design..

her excuse was that she wanted to differentiate his addiction being physical, and thus out of his control, as opposed to mental addiction, which he would never be so weak as to succumb to.

i still don't understand exactly how this distinction works, if it's possible to suffer from either of these through an actual drug like benzos

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also being raised to revel in indulgence and hedonism personally while being violently offended at the idea of anyone unlike themselves experiencing the slightest amount of pleasure

Lol yeah or even their own kids

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Mr Interweb posted:

her excuse was that she wanted to differentiate his addiction being physical, and thus out of his control, as opposed to mental addiction, which he would never be so weak as to succumb to.

i still don't understand exactly how this distinction works, if it's possible to suffer from either of these through an actual drug like benzos

It’s a distinction without a difference, were the Jorp actually a qualified psychologist he could explain it.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

In a restaurant with my boomer mum and some early Madonna song was playing in the background. She then went on about how "we" had wholesome music and not all this "I'm gonna kill your mother stuff". Lol at Madonna being wholesome and not to mention being at the height of the satanic panic.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Benny Harvey posted:

In a restaurant with my boomer mum and some early Madonna song was playing in the background. She then went on about how "we" had wholesome music and not all this "I'm gonna kill your mother stuff". Lol at Madonna being wholesome and not to mention being at the height of the satanic panic.

Wholesome, non-political music

https://youtu.be/79fzeNUqQbQ

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

rotinaj posted:

Wholesome, non-political music

https://youtu.be/79fzeNUqQbQ

I was 7 when I saw this video for the first time (with my mother, who was in an interracial relationship at the time) and when I asked why the crosses were on fire it prompted a very uncomfortable conversation that she probably thought she had a few more years before needing to have. Ah, memories.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr Interweb posted:

the distinction is that in my body the addictive substance produces a change that creates a mechanical chemical dependence on which i must act or be in pain, while in your body the addictive substance makes you feel good and you're just seeking that out because you're a weak person who can't face life.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

dr_rat posted:

Why does the youth today hate heavy metal so much? Woke culture has gone to far!!!!

All heavy metal fans hate heavy metal, sans a single band that is the only true metal band.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

The Bible posted:

All heavy metal fans hate heavy metal, sans a single band that is the only true metal band.

Oh, you mean The Body?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

kntfkr posted:

Oh, you mean The Body?

Has it hit the floor?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

kntfkr posted:

Oh, you mean The Body?

IDK I like Japanese metal because I'm a huge loving nerd.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Bible posted:

As far as rob zombie says, that band is babymetal

Another thing that would make jorp absolutely furious to hear

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nszTrKu_IkI

The Bible
May 8, 2010

rotinaj posted:

As far as rob zombie says, that band is babymetal

Another thing that would make jorp absolutely furious to hear

Yes, this exactly. They hate all metal except for one or two bands.

It's like Star Trek, actually. No one hates Star Trek more than Star Trek fans.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
yoyoka should melt a few brains
the little girl that hits hardest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkw57uGnSrs

The Bible
May 8, 2010

What have I done?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Its true, Babymetal loving shred.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I saw BABYMETAL live last year and it ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I saw Baby Metal live when they opened for Dethklok in Toronto last year, they were pretty good. I classified them as anime fight metal and that is complimentary.