Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Are any zizek books worth reading? I might pick one up after all of yous have been going on about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

eleven extra elephants posted:

Theres also a review that says he turns his wedding ring around when he talks to attractive female students lol

What the gently caress is on the other side of this mf’s wedding ring?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What actually does postmodernism mean in a philosophical sense? Is it just anything that acknowledges things are a social construct? Because doesn’t Jorp actually agree with that way of thinking like when he goes off about mirroring animal behaviours or whatever? Like the only context I ever hear it used is as a way to add vocabular credibility to a simple dislike of something. Same with Marxist now tbh. I’ve read a bit and it just seems they’ve become two gobbledegook words for “things I don’t like.”

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He’s obviously a clever bloke to have the career he does (did?) so I’m intrigued how much he knows it bollocks but just plays it up to make money. Presumably being an internet grifter is a lot more lucrative than legitimate high level academia.